Soulcasting an Awakened Object

Chandrian

Diclaimer:This is the first theory I've posted, so let me know if I've done anything wrong.

After having read Warbreaker, I was wondering what would happen after soulcasting an object which was already Awakened into a,substance which could potentially nullify the command.

From both Mistborn and WOB (and maybe someven things I'm forgetting), we know that using investure upon a previously invested object is difficult if not impossible. If soulcasting it can't be done upon it, than that would nullify this post.

Moving along assuming that this can be done, imagine you were to do what Vienna did in Warbreaker and command a piece of thread to "Push Things" and put it in a lock. Immediately after, if you were to soulcast it into something like wood or crystal. Would it cease to function, or continue to attempt to carry out its command, snapping, bending, or shattering in the process?

On a similar note, would soulcasting an invested object into metal nullify or remove the Breaths?

Please let me know what you think and any interesting ways in which this could be used!

Edited by Bluefingers

if I remember it right, metals dont have breath because they were never alive or were they part of anything alive. So in case you soul cast something that already has breath into metal, I guess the metal would still have the breath. I could be wrong though, I have read war breaker only once.  :P

if I remember it right, metals dont have breath because they were never alive or were they part of anything alive. So in case you soul cast something that already has breath into metal, I guess the metal would still have the breath. I could be wrong though, I have read war breaker only once. :P

Only humans have breath. The only thing that matters is how close to being "alive" in the specific human sense the object being awakened is. An actually still-living human can't be awakened though, obviously, though you can command them to accept your breath.

So yeah, you can soulcast a person to stone and it'd be easier than trying to awaken a normal statue.

I'm fond of the horrifying plan of soulcasting a koloss to something durable like steel or stone and making it Lifeless, though the former would require some form of investiture-proofing.

Only humans have breath. The only thing that matters is how close to being "alive" in the specific human sense the object being awakened is. An actually still-living human can't be awakened though, obviously, though you can command them to accept your breath.

So yeah, you can soulcast a person to stone and it'd be easier than trying to awaken a normal statue.

I'm fond of the horrifying plan of soulcasting a koloss to something durable like steel or stone and making it Lifeless, though the former would require some form of investiture-proofing.

There are methods more easy (but very horrible)... For example you may take some Humans Soulcast them in stone and then Soulcast the stone to have some "titan like Human form"... At the end you wil need only to awakend it.

Of course this is useful just to save some Investiture and for a large scale production

Ok, thanks for the responses, but to clarify, I was asking something different. I was wondering, since it does appear to be possible, if Awakening an object to do something, then Soulcasting it into a form which renders that command impossible. If you were to take a random twig or string, command it to bend, and soulcast it to crystal, would it stop moving, shatter, or (somehow) bend?

Metal koloss though >:)

Edited by Bluefingers

• 2 weeks later...

Um... Investiture with different Shards interferes with each other. That would make it much harder.

We don't know if after the Soulcasting the object have above the average Investiture or the Stormlight is consumed by the change leaving only a standard object

Um... Investiture with different Shards interferes with each other. That would make it much harder.

I'd mentioned that in the post, sorry if that was unclear. I meant for this question to rub on the assumption that it was theoretically possible.

• Chaos locked this topic