Rasarr

discussion
An interesting WoB on Sel and Threnody

40 posts in this topic

Anyone get a recording of the signing?

I asked him exactly the way I typed it "Is Threnody in the same planetary system as Sel?" and he said it was :/

Is it possible that he said "It isn't" but you misheard? Or did he make some affirmative gestures like nodding, giving a thumbs up, etc.?

Edited by skaa

maybe it was slip of tonge? peter is their a system with threondy+other planet that could be misake?

San Antonio right? Did anyone do a recording of that event?

Brandon says he specifically remembers this question, and he remembers saying that Threnody and Sel were not in the same system. 

In any case, Threnody and Sel do not revolve around the same star. (And they're not in a binary system system either, for those trying to salvage something out of this.)

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Awww, well, here dies my theory  :(  Still, I wonder how the mix-up happened. 

It's possible that tour fatigue and being sick are contributing factors.

Thanks for the clarification, Peter! <3

CURSE YOU PETER! I love this theory!

Ahh well, back to the drawing board.

On paper I had "Is Threnody in the same planetary system as Sel?" with an after question of "If not, how close?" In case he said no.  I remember asking and I'd bet a foot he said "Yes, it is." I remember because I remember thinking "wow that one was easy" and then I did not ask the follow up as there was no need, so I went onto the next question.  But oh well, always possible I am wrong, though certainly not on purpose. I shall remember to record next time, if I didn't scare Sanderson away from the San Antonio area for good. At least we know now for sure, even if your theory did not work out :(

On paper I had "Is Threnody in the same planetary system as Sel?" with an after question of "If not, how close?" In case he said no.  I remember asking and I'd bet a foot he said "Yes, it is." I remember because I remember thinking "wow that one was easy" and then I did not ask the follow up as there was no need, so I went onto the next question.  But oh well, always possible I am wrong, though certainly not on purpose. I shall remember to record next time, if I didn't scare Sanderson away from the San Antonio area for good. At least we know now for sure, even if your theory did not work out :(

Here is what I suspect happened. You asked the question. Brandon's Intent was to say "no". For reasons related to the total number of hours he spent sleeping in the past week, what he actually said was "yes".

But as we know, in Cosmere, what rules is the Intent. 

Brandon says he specifically remembers this question, and he remembers saying that Threnody and Sel were not in the same system. 

In any case, Threnody and Sel do not revolve around the same star. (And they're not in a binary system system either, for those trying to salvage something out of this.)

Thanks for the correction. Maybe he just meant to say they were nearby but not in the same system and it didn't come out clearly? *shrug*