Radiant's Color of Eyes,Shardplate and Blade

StormWrath

So I was reading the coppemind wiki and it said that windrunner's colour of shardplate is blue,and from the books we also see that kaladin's eyes(when he ingests stormlight) and sylblade are blue in color as he is a member of the order of windrunners,and I also noticed the the color of glyph of the windrunners is blue (windrunners obviously have a lot of blue) so my question is do other orders also have their shardplate,shardblade and eye color turn to the color of their order's glyphs? For example,the dustbringer's colour of glyph is red,the truthwatchers is green,the bondsmiths is yellow etc

What further makes me think this way is that,kaladin's original eye color is brown,so if ingesting stomlight or bonding a shardblade will make a darkeyes eye color brighten then it would make kaladin's eye color to become very light brown or tan like what happened to moash when he bonded with his shardblade BUT kaladin's eye color did not change to light brown/tan it changed to blue which is the color of the order of windrunners. So will we see dalinar's eye turn to yellow or renarin's to green?

OATHBRINGER SPOILER!

I just thought I should add this,I read kaldin's sample chapter from book three at tor and in the chapter it is said that if kaladin doesn't ingest stormlight or summons his sylblade for a long time,his eye colour reverts back to dark brown,if he does either of the actions his eye color will start to glow blue again

Edited by StormWrath

If Dustbringers had red-eyes then comparing them to Voidbringers makes a lot of sense. Also did Dalinar mention the eyecolors in his vision of two KR?

Oh yess he did,I'm going to mention his first KR vision in WoK,so in this vision he actually saw two KR a man and a woman

"The woman had light tan eyes that almost seemed to glow in the night, and she wore no helm"

I'm guessing she's a skybreaker since their glyph color is somehow brownish and it is the closest color to tan among the other orders glyph colors plus she fell from the sky during the vision like kaladin indicating the she was using gravitation which is one of the two surges that skybreakers have access to (the other being division) but we also so see her healing dalinar and taffa what she's using is progression but the skybreakers cannot regrow,they have access to only gravitation and division,so how did she heal dalinar's wounds?

"Dalinar lurched, turning to see a woman in delicate Shardplate kneeling beside him, holding something bright. It was a topaz entwined with a heliodor, both set into a fine metal framework, each stone as big as a man’s hand. "

She had a fabrial like the ones nalan (aka darkness) used to revive szeth back to life,these fabrials can give someone access to surges he otherwise does not have the power to use (I hope I'm right?)

Now,the other knight radiant we saw in the same vision has blue eyes like kaladin's

"The Shardbearer stood with his Blade resting on his armored shoulder, and he inspected Dalinar with eyes of such bright blue, they were almost white. Were those eyes actually glowing, leaking Stormlight? "

And he also appears to be able to fly upward just like kal

"The blue knight’s armor began to glow faintly, then he launched into the air, as if falling straight up. Dalinar stumbled back, shocked, watching the glowing blue figure rise, then arc downward toward the village."

So this knight is definitely (most likely) a windrunner.

ARGENT
Will a Surgebinder's eye color change when they Surgebind or have a Blade... Is the color of their eyes corresponding to their Order? So Windrunners would do blue, and...
BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes.

ARGENT

So each Order does a different eye color?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Each Order does indeed get a different eye color.

Source ^_^

Interesting,very interesting,so I'm guessing that also extends to shardblade and plate? Also is this a semi-confirmation that the color of the glyphs will indeed be the color of the orders ? As we have seen for the windrunners. But if that were the case why is there no mention of shallan's eyes or shardblade as red? (The glyph colour of the lightweavers is darkish red)

Interesting,very interesting,so I'm guessing that also extends to shardblade and plate? Also is this a semi-confirmation that the color of the glyphs will indeed be the color of the orders ? As we have seen for the windrunners. But if that were the case why is there no mention of shallan's eyes or shardblade as red? (The glyph colour of the lightweavers is darkish red)

Her shardblade is mentined to have a very faint red glow. On her eyes, perhaps already being a lighteyes poses some interference and she will only get red eyes after she has fully progressed.

Edited by DreamEternal

I thought I also had a confirmation that Shallan's eyes would turn a shade of red or pink (but only a little, because she is already a lighteyes and - presumably - the change is not as obvious there) if she were to draw Pattern, but I can't find it.

Her shardblade is mentined to have a very faint red glow. On her eyes, perhaps already being a lighteyes poses some interference and she will only get red eyes after she has fully progressed.

So,I just went and re-read some scenes that shallan's shardbade appeared,I read the scene when she killed tyn,I also read the scene where she used the oathgate to get to urithiru,and I can't seem to find where it is mentioned that shallan's sharblade faintly glows red,I might have missed it,but it must be true,because I just re-read dalinar's second vision of the KR and it was mentioned that the radiant's armor glowed red indicating that she must either be lightweaver or dustbringer though I'm leaning towards the latter,as they seem more fitted to battle,unlike lightweavers who can only transform and illuminate,nothing very important for battle compared to dustbringers who can set things on fire.

We're also talking about a lightweaver her. Perhaps that, much in the same way Kaladin subconsciously used gravitation deflect arrows, Shallan is doing the same to alter here eyes slightly to avoid the connotations of voidbringer

The red eyes and the history of people comparing Dustbringers to Voidbringers could be a cool plot development, especially considering to me Adolin is the most likely candidate for a nascent Dustbringer.  Their herald, Chanarach, is referenced as having raced Fleet, which seems to match Adolin's competitive nature in dueling.  He has also been referred to as a firebrand and has a temper.  I can totally see an Adolin plot developing around him discovering his powers while dealing with the guilt of murder; with that guilt forefront in his mind coupled with a growing inferiority complex based on his father, brother, betrothed, and rival all being Radiant, how might he interpret gaining red eyes and the ability to melt stone?  Perhaps by thinking himself some kind of Voidbringer abomination.

We're also talking about a lightweaver her. Perhaps that, much in the same way Kaladin subconsciously used gravitation deflect arrows, Shallan is doing the same to alter here eyes slightly to avoid the connotations of voidbringer

I wonder if her eyes did turn red as a kid and if that was why her mother tried to kill her. Since then she could be subconsciously hiding the colour change.

The red eyes and the history of people comparing Dustbringers to Voidbringers could be a cool plot development, especially considering to me Adolin is the most likely candidate for a nascent Dustbringer.  Their herald, Chanarach, is referenced as having raced Fleet, which seems to match Adolin's competitive nature in dueling.  He has also been referred to as a firebrand and has a temper.  I can totally see an Adolin plot developing around him discovering his powers while dealing with the guilt of murder; with that guilt forefront in his mind coupled with a growing inferiority complex based on his father, brother, betrothed, and rival all being Radiant, how might he interpret gaining red eyes and the ability to melt stone?  Perhaps by thinking himself some kind of Voidbringer abomination.

Adolin becoming a Dustbringer have been practically nullified by WoB combined to book structure.

I wonder if her eyes did turn red as a kid and if that was why her mother tried to kill her. Since then she could be subconsciously hiding the colour change.

I think there could be something to the subconsciously hiding the color change and that seems like a rational explanation for why she would wants to do it (if indeed the eye color change was what set her mom against her). Isn't there something to do with how the KR self identifies? I think i remember Kaladin can't get the tattoos to hold over his sash scar because he can't view himself without it and yet because of the stormlight arguably the scar should have healed too. I thought it was all subconscious for why that happens. I could see Shallan not wanting her eyes to change color, and 1) because she doesn't self identify that way and 2) because she is a lightweaver, she therefore doesn't have her eyes change (or at least an illusion is hiding that change to others). Just my thoughts, i might be remembering in correctly as it has been a while since i have looked at the books.

Don't forget that lightweaving requires constant need of stormlight to work,you have to infuse an illusion with stormlight for an illusion to work,for her to subconsciously use illusion to keep her eyes from becoming red would require that shallan has been using stormlight for every single moment of her life since the day that her eyes became red,which I think is not possible,so no I disagree with what you say, only because she can't get such infinite amount of stormlight,but doing so is technically possible.

Edited by StormWrath

Don't forget that lightweaving requires constant need of stormlight to work,you have to infuse an illusion with stormlight for an illusion to work,for her to subconsciously use illusion to keep her eyes from becoming red would require that shallan has been using stormlight for every single moment of her life since the day that her eyes became red,which I think is not possible,so no I disagree with what you only because she can't get such infinite amount of stormlight,but doing so is technically possible.

Not necessarily.  

Stormlight 3 spoilers

Kaladin mentions that if he isn't ingesting stormlight or drawing Syl as a shardblade his eyes maintain their normal color. 

Edited by TwelfthOfSnackTime

When Shallan uses Stormlight in large amounts, as she's only soulcast once so far, she almost exclusively uses it to Lightweave and often her appearance. She also only wields Pattern 3 times in the present in the series. It makes sense that most of the time she might have glowing eyes, she is disguising them anyway. That's usually what she uses her stormlight for

Not necessarily.  

Stormlight 3 spoilers

Kaladin mentions that if he isn't ingesting stormlight or drawing Syl as a shardblade his eyes maintain their normal color. 

When Shallan uses Stormlight in large amounts, as she's only soulcast once so far, she almost exclusively uses it to Lightweave and often her appearance. She also only wields Pattern 3 times in the present in the series. It makes sense that most of the time she might have glowing eyes, she is disguising them anyway. That's usually what she uses her stormlight for

Good points,I almost forgot about that,giving that I even mentioned it in the OP,but why is brandon not giving us this simple info outright? He could've even mentioned that its reason shallan's mother wanted to kill her, maybe he's planning to inform us in future books

Good points,I almost forgot about that,giving that I even mentioned it in the OP,but why is brandon not giving us this simple info outright? He could've even mentioned that its reason shallan's mother wanted to kill her, maybe he's planning to inform us in future books

The other possibility for Shallan's mum is she could be a Sky-Breaker?

Adolin becoming a Dustbringer have been practically nullified by WoB combined to book structure.

Adolin isn't part of the protagonist book structure, and there aren't any "one book per order" structures either that would prevent it. Which WoB countered it?

You mean one of Nales group right not an actual Skybreaker. I think that this is possible or that the friend of her mother that Shallan mentions was one of them. The only problem I have is what did Shallan do? Nale ensures that he has the proper documentation before he runs down Lift who was a thief but what crime did Shallan commit that made Nales Skybreakers go after her. Granted they didn't need much of an excuse to kill a little girl over petty theft once she started surgbinding but they still make sure that they have a lawful reason to chase her across half of Roshar.

I think its very unlikely that shallan's mother would want to kill shallan because of her surgebinding,if she wants to kill surgebinders (as nalan wants) then why not kill herself first as you mentioned she's a skybreaker? I think she must have had a very twisted belief that shallan is potentially a voidbringer due to her red eyes and weird spren (pattern),plus if shallan's mother is a skybreaker then she would've used her shardblade to kill shallan's father when he tried to stop her,she could also have killed shallan in her sleep with the blade.

by Skybreaker I meant Nan's cronies, the pseudo sky breakers, who don't appear to be Radiants so far. However, as someone pointed out above, unless Shallan broke a law this is unlikely, and then afterward if her mum HAD been a Skybreaker and she a proto-radiant, Nan WOULD have probably been in a position to seek her out. So I agree, my suggestion doesn't work and I quite like the idea that she was a religious nut or freaked out by red/pink eyes

Adolin isn't part of the protagonist book structure, and there aren't any "one book per order" structures either that would prevent it. Which WoB countered it?

This one more or less disapprove it.

Questioner: Have we– I think you mentioned in a previous signing that we’d already met one member of every Order of the Knights Radiant.

Brandon: Yes, I think you have.

Questioner: My question is, have we met two Edgedancers? And is one of the Dustbringers a viewpoint character? Brandon: One of the Dustbringers is eventually a point-of-view character.

Questioner: Haven’t been yet?

Brandon: Nnnnoooo, not yet, I don’t think. But it depends if you count the Heralds as members of their order. Questioner: I don’t.

Brandon: Oh, see I would, because they’re kind of heads of their Order. If you don’t count them you have not met some from every Order.

Questioner: [Have we met someone from the Dustbringers?]

Brandon: Well… Dustbringers are really complicated. /Really/ complicated. So that’s the weird one. Okay? So let’s shelve that one. You’ll see why it’s really weird later on.

It says two things: 1) We may not have met whoever will become the main Dustbringer and if we did, it most likely was a very minor character (Reddin the bastard comes to mind for instance) and 2) We will not find anything more about this order until one becomes a main one.

Adolin isn't a main character, not now nor never, so he isn't this "future main Dustbringer", not to mention he breaks the condition of 1) as we most certainly have read his POV. This being said, he could always be a minor KR, but since this main Dustbringer isn't currently active within the story, it means Adolin cannot take one step towards this path until this character becomes a main one.

Adolin's little arc is currently on-going which means he can't, in all plausibility, be a Dustbringer as the conditions of 1) and 2) are not respected.

This being said, I don't think he fits within this order, but this is another discussion entirely. One of the reasons so many people put him there was tied to the fact we didn't have any character to place-hold there and everyone thought Adolin, even without flashbacks, would be a main character. Sadly, reality is quite different. The Dustbringer is probably Shalash as she is a redundant flashback character from the same order as Shallan, she thus needs to change to fit within the plané