Stormlight/Mistborn brothers

Mistborn Surgebinder

Has anyone else noted the similarities between nalt/trell from mistborn and nu ralik/vun makik from WoK?

Nu Ralik was their god, but you always pretended that he wasn’t. Vun Makak—his younger, spiteful brother—had to be tricked into thinking you worshipped him, otherwise he’d get jealous.

They saw the stars as the Thousand Eyes of Trell watching them. The sun was the single, jealous eye of Trell’s brother, Nalt. Since Nalt only had one eye, he made it blaze brightly to outshine his brother.

Curious as to theories, especially now that Trell is making a comeback.

DISCLAIMER: I have not read White Sand.

I don't want to speculate too much, but could they be adonalsium and rayse?

No. Adonalsium was the 'original' god. Rayse took one of the shards of Adonalsium after the Shattering.

In regards to this, I would guess you are right, because of this WoB (although, be warned, it has implied White Sand spoilers)

Source

QUESTION
Is Bavadin the only shard on Taldain?
BRANDON SANDERSON

He is the only shard on the planet.

QUESTION

Is he the sun?

BRANDON SANDERSON

RAFO

Seeing as Trell is strongly suspected to be Autonomy (a.k.a. Badavin's Shard), this seems highly likely to me.

So, a slight adaption of the  based on this.

I think Bartbug (the questioner) might have it slightly wrong. The Sun is not Badavin/Autonomy/Trell/Nu Ralik. It's Nalt/Vun Makak. You may have just confirmed another Shard we know nothing about. With the intent of... Jealousy? Greed?

EDIT: We'll probably be able to pinpoint this when the White Sand Graphic Novel (Part 1) comes out in June. That will make or break this theory.

Edited by The Young Bard

• Chaos locked this topic