Wayne Disapproval Thread (Potential Wayne-related spoilers)

aeromancer

Pretty much everything that CaptainRyan said. You made excellent points Arraenae, but that would stand more if it was left ambiguous and not confronted. In the example given, he is confronted, is apologetic, and ends up more open minded as result (his interest in MeLann regardless what form she takes be it female, male, or horse he sees she is the same person). 

Pretty much everything that CaptainRyan said. You made excellent points Arraenae, but that would stand more if it was left ambiguous and not confronted. In the example given, he is confronted, is apologetic, and ends up more open minded as result (his interest in MeLann regardless what form she takes be it female, male, or horse he sees she is the same person). 

Two things:

1) It is ridiculous how much I love being called "Captain" Ryan hahaha

2) That is an excellent point about Wayne and MeLann. Great observation!

Excellent point and one with which I agree.

IIRC, Wayne was corrected on both occasions by the people he was speaking with - Marasi made it quite clear that Ranette's interest in women was not a "phase" and Ranette reacted negatively to Wayne's suggestion of a threesome. Wayne himself even backed away from the remark.

Perhaps, because I understand that Wayne's remarks were insensitive, I am reading too heavily in to the reactions that other, less "aware" people, might miss but I like to think that Sanderson, through those negative reactions to Wayne's comments, made it clear that Wayne was in the wrong for saying those things.

Fair enough. I barely remembered those scenes until I saw this thread.  -_-

• Chaos locked this topic