[Calamity Spoilers] Calamity's Consequences

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Especially considering that the Wastelands is see so soon after Epics take over, i doubt Knighthawk has even gotten his factory going to any great degree. Motivator science would still be in its infancy, as would the places that produce them.

I doubt Aus would have any motivators at all tbh, even if some scientists managed to figure out the trick.

The universe itself would rather cause diamonds to appear as spears from thin air rather than hear her ranting and demanding to speak to its manager. :mellow:

See, Lucentia has a practical reason for being so annoying, stop judging her. :rolleyes::ph34r::P

Especially considering that the Wastelands is see so soon after Epics take over, i doubt Knighthawk has even gotten his factory going to any great degree. Motivator science would still be in its infancy, as would the places that produce them.

I doubt Aus would have any motivators at all tbh, even if some scientists managed to figure out the trick.

In it's current timeline I'm inclined to agree.

Thats right, i hadnt considered how soon it is after epics appear.

I just wonder...what epic would he have gotten the connection Motivator for the mobiles from? Because they were technically part of a motivator, just didn't need the flesh inside--it was that kind of power. But what power would that be using? Someone should make a epic for that XD (just within here though, it would have to stay in this post unless we didn't explain where the idea was from.)

I was thinking Broadcast would be a suitable epic to get that motivator from, though in our canon we already have mobiles and he is still around.  Who knows, maybe later in the RP Rainmaker trades him for some sweet epic tech, and Knighthawk uses him to upgrade the mobile network.  

• 2 weeks later...

So, something I just realized given what we learned about how Motivators work in Calamity. Electricity EPics could now potentially set off the powers of Epics against their will...
:unsure: 
And we have quite a few electricity-manipulating Epics.

So, something I just realized given what we learned about how Motivators work in Calamity. Electricity EPics could now potentially set off the powers of Epics against their will...

I know I'm supposed to be thinking of this as a problem, but all I can imagine is Funtimes zapping Lightwards on a battlefield with a joy buzzer and a bunch of random corpses bolting upright Frankenstein's monster-style. :P

I know I'm supposed to be thinking of this as a problem, but all I can imagine is Funtimes zapping Lightwards on a battlefield with a joy buzzer and a bunch of random corpses bolting upright Frankenstein's monster-style. :P

Well there is that. As well as Scribbler doing something similar to Arsenal and Deathwish, causing random robot teddy-bears to burst into existence around Arsenal and causing Deathwish to suddenly fly into the ceiling. :P

Not sure if I would worry about that. Even if the electricity Epic in question could create exactly the required frequency, that still seems to be more of a matter of activating the use of the power and not actually using/controling it.

Edited by Edgedancer

Not sure if I would worry about that. Even if the electricity Epic in question could create exactly the required frequency, that still seems to be more of a matter of activating the use of the power and not actually using/controling it.

Well I think the frequency is what changes the control so if they could figure that out then in theory they could. But that'd be practically impossible, I was more meaning things like what was mentioned, sporadic and unpredictable bursts of power.

WHY IS THIS NOT CANON

I HAVE BEEN DERELICT IN MY DUTIES

...er, I mean...yes, big problem. Oops. Must avoid. :ph34r:

I'd say it would be practically impossible to get the right frequency for an electricity Epic.

Amd I'm not sure if it would work that way anyway. After all, the cell culture needs the current because it has no brain to fell it to use its powers- could the current merely be the equivalent of whatever electro-magnetic signals in an epic that tell its powers to activate?

I'd say it would be practically impossible to get the right frequency for an electricity Epic.

Amd I'm not sure if it would work that way anyway. After all, the cell culture needs the current because it has no brain to fell it to use its powers- could the current merely be the equivalent of whatever electro-magnetic signals in an epic that tell its powers to activate?

I imagine it is, it's just like you can run a current through muscle fibers and cause them to contract.

But the problem is that while no Electricity Epic could reasonably run the exact current through a person needed to make muscles contract as they want, running a current through them to cause some muscles to contract is fairly easy, and regardless of what signals the brain sends those muscles will still contract.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be interesting...

Electrotherapy

Power: Can control one person or Epic with "electrotherapy" And/or he is an electric Epic.

Corpsemaker walked down the street, surveying his empire, when suddenly he slapped himself in the face. Then, he nullified his own invincibility power. And then, to cap it off, he died from an electric shock.

Nighthound walked down the street, Timeporting vanillas for no good reason. Suddenly, Nighthound started growing uncontrollably, his healing power going bezerk, and then Nighthound died.

Timeport walked down the street. He repeatedly Nighthounded himself, until he said to Calamity, "I quit! Find someone else." and passed on to the place where Nighthound just went to.

Seriously. 

Edited by breakingamber

OK.

EDIT: Is OK an acceptable abbreviation?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are, stop. Texting abbreviations and abbreviations for swear words that bypass the filters are what aren't allowed—the former because this is a formal story with the expectation that posts will uphold proper grammar, and the latter because the Shard has rules against swearing. These rules are not in place to be punitive.