[Calamity Spoilers] Calamity's Consequences

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Well, my first impuls would be all of the powers but given that this would imply that an assumer can take the powers of an Epic at every time they please, as long as they carry around a bit of their tissue, saying only the power that the motivator is copying seems more sensible.

The power to instantly make everyone sob the whole night by having to listen to her moaning. Her battle with Lucentia was too traumatizing for everyone involved to ever talk about it.  :P

It would have to be living tissue so it's a bit more complicated than that.

It would have to be living tissue so it's a bit more complicated than that.

Deep frozen or other wise preserved still seems to work perfectly fine but yeah, there's a limit to what's possible.

So what's your take on the assumed gifting?

Deep frozen or other wise preserved still seems to work perfectly fine but yeah, there's a limit to what's possible.

So what's your take on the assumed gifting?

They had to make cultures out of those to get living cells though didn't they? The actual motivators need to be living.

I assume that it would let you gift any power, whether it's yours or assumed.

So Bladestorm, to actually answer your question, we are trying to stay to canon as close as possible. Now there's a bit of trouble concerning one set of characters and I'm not sure if Voidus decided for retconing them into sisters that are just very similair but we are either going to play the rule perfectly straight, meaning pain or just ignore it entirely but not a mismash of pentacles having the same power but not the crippling pain.

Also you know, please either put it in a proper spoiler tag or remove the part that's actually a spoiler out of the post.

Edited by Edgedancer

Alright, theyll just have to handle the pain then. Also, i havnt been able to find the wag to put something under a spoiler. I usw a Phone for this, so is there a way to place spoiler tags on a phone?

You mean the absolutely maddening pain they would feel during a period where they are consumed by murderous rage and thus perfectly incapable of "bearing the pain"? That's not really happening.

Same way you place them normally by typing

and adding a / before the spoiler in the closing bracet.

So they can ignore the pain entirely.

It is an otherwise cool idea though - how about you tamper with it a bit. Because it is a cool concept. What about a gang of unrelated Epics, one of whom is a gifter who can gift enhanced physical qualities, and they are mercenaries in the outback?

Wendigo could fire them to find and kill Bushfire maybe? That could be fun

Do we know if gufting can be done in different levels? Prof could gift certain levels of forcefeilds, but he was an amazingly powerful gifter.

If this is possible, then maybe one sibling or friend got the gifting ability and gave an extraordinarily strong doseage to the rest, and then gifts the men they choose. The gifter would be 1-1.

Edited by Bladestorm

So they can ignore the pain entirely.

It is an otherwise cool idea though - how about you tamper with it a bit. Because it is a cool concept. What about a gang of unrelated Epics, one of whom is a gifter who can gift enhanced physical qualities, and they are mercenaries in the outback?

Wendigo could fire them to find and kill Bushfire maybe? That could be fun

Fire or hire them? :ph34r:

We know that different powers can be gifted in different levels, yeah. But you cant gift more power than you have, just a limited charge of it.

Epics tend to kill their families though.

As far as other limitations go, gifting also has a range limitation, as in get far enough away from the primary gifter Epic and the power stops to work. Meaning that an organisation reliant on gifting can only operate on about a city wide scale and not in multiple cells spread over large distances.

Well they will be fired if they fail to find bushfire, and fired if they fond her and lose :P

Right, being fond of the person you're hired to find and kill usually doesn't go well. :ph34r: (I'm so sorry to point out spelling mistakes but the puns are just so appropriate. :P )

Fire or hire them? :ph34r:

As far as other limitations go, gifting also has a range limitation, as in get far enough away from the primary gifter Epic and the power stops to work. Meaning that an organisation reliant on gifting can only operate on about a city wide scale and not in multiple cells spread over large distances.

True, so another option could be mass produces motivators being used from a dead epic with these abilities. And i doubt theyd be too fond of bushfire nomatter how hot that epic is(see what i did there)

True, so another option could be mass produces motivators being used from a dead epic with these abilities. And i doubt theyd be too fond of bushfire nomatter how hot that epic is(see what i did there)

Motivators couldn't be mass-produced, though. Knighthawk was one of a handful in the world who even knew how to make them, and he had a backorder list several months or years deep. The only exception was the mobiles, which weren't motivators but based on one. 

Motivators couldn't be mass-produced, though. Knighthawk was one of a handful in the world who even knew how to make them, and he had a backorder list several months or years deep. The only exception was the mobiles, which weren't motivators but based on one. 

I just wonder...what epic would he have gotten the connection Motivator for the mobiles from? Because they were technically part of a motivator, just didn't need the flesh inside--it was that kind of power. But what power would that be using? Someone should make a epic for that XD (just within here though, it would have to stay in this post unless we didn't explain where the idea was from.)

They don't use signals at all, the server can just read the data stored locally wherever it happens to be.

Obviously conjecture but it would explain quite a bit.

That would make sense. As per usual, breaks normal physics (the question would still remain: How is the data read?) but hey--these people can effin' throw fireballs and alter dimensions and teleport--who are we to call them abnormal?

That would make sense. As per usual, breaks normal physics (the question would still remain: How is the data read?) but hey--these people can effin' throw fireballs and alter dimensions and teleport--who are we to call them abnormal?

Quantum entanglement, teleportation, neutrino emission, who knows? The same way any Epic power works, how does a thought from Regalias head effect water dozens of kilometers away?