[Calamity Spoilers] Calamity's Consequences

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

And luckily we are working with a world with canon alternate realities, so it's not hard to twist things at all and still be kind of canon.

Worse case scenario, we wind up being in an alternate universe that's virtually identical to the canon universe, just with a few key choices made that caused the timelines to diverge. A "what if" sort of universe, if you will. 

Worse case scenario, we wind up being in an alternate universe that's virtually identical to the canon universe, just with a few key choices made that caused the timelines to diverge. A "what if" sort of universe, if you will. 

Which thankfully means that we can all imagine a much nicer life for our characters in the canon universe, where Nighthound doesn't exist, Deathwish is forced to go to daily sensitivity training and Lucentia lost her voice at the age of 3.

"OK so everyone else is doing 1/10'000.... but that is boring! My world will be a unique experiment! How about.... 1/1000, and lots more useless and weird powers! and teleporters, and HIGH EPICS! haha! Humanity will surely misuse them in exciting and interesting ways!"

Edited by Blackhoof

And this means that our Calamity can be whoever we like too, as Larcener implied that each dimension is visited by one of his race, not one version of him.

So our Calamity just also decided that humanity is worthless and destructive.

So a really powerful Epic who doesn't actually intervene that much and is incredibly bored?

Hmmm... Which city-ruler do we know that fits that description?

It would also explain why he does take an interest in arena fights, to prove to himself that all that humans want to do is hurt each other.

It kind of does... except for how he's holding them in a way that no one actually gets hurt. :ph34r:

Also, I just had the somewhat fun mental image that during the inevitable Nighthound/Voidgaze rematch, Big Al suddenly comes to the rescue and is all "I am Calamity."

Not sure why, given that it'd be a terrible twist but I find it amusing.

It kind of does... except for how he's holding them in a way that no one actually gets hurt. :ph34r:

Also, I just had the somewhat fun mental image that during the inevitable Nighthound/Voidgaze rematch, Big Al suddenly comes to the rescue and is all "I am Calamity."

Not sure why, given that it'd be a terrible twist but I find it amusing.

To fulfill his non-intervention policy I guess?

The reason that Epics turned out so bad in this dimension is just that Calamity has heartburn from eating too many sausage McMuffins. :P