[Calamity Spoilers] Calamity's Consequences

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I'd also say to leave him out. I mean what would be the alternative? Some of our teleportes jumping up to his space station and having some antics up there in an attempt to chear him(it?) up?

Now I'm imagining Funtimes and Shiny performing a tandem juggling routine while Calamity weeps softly. :mellow: 

Now I'm imagining Funtimes and Shiny performing a tandem juggling routine while Calamity weeps softly. :mellow:

"Look at me, Calamity! I can sparkle..."

"DO NOT TEMPT ME WITH THE SPARKLES. I GAVE YOU THE SPARKLES, WOMAN!"

"I'm just shaking what my mama and Calamity gave me, then."

"Look at me, Calamity! I can sparkle..."

"DO NOT TEMPT ME WITH THE SPARKLES. I GAVE YOU THE SPARKLES, WOMAN!"

"I'm just shaking what my mama and Calamity gave me, then."

"Hey. Hey. Calamity. Did you check the weather?" 

"We are in SPACE, Doctor Funtimes. There is no—" 

"Because the forecast calls for PANCAKES!!!!" 

*uncontrollable sobbing* 

"Maybe you should've gone with waffles instead." 

"Hey. Hey. Calamity. Did you check the weather?" 

"We are in SPACE, Doctor Funtimes. There is no—" 

"Because the forecast calls for PANCAKES!!!!" 

*uncontrollable sobbing* 

"Maybe you should've gone with waffles instead." 

"Knock knock."

"Really, Obliteration? I expected more from you."

"And the destroying angel said 'knock knock,' and the archangel above all was supposed to say--"

"Ugh, fine! Who's there?"

"Non-canon."

"Ugh. Non-canon who?"

"Non-canon characterization."

"...what does that even--"

"YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME. I'M A GOOD GUY NOW."

Cancellers only cancel active abilities (Which completely canonizes Corpsemakers abilities)
On Assumers I really don't think they're that bad personally, they need touch in order to actually steal your powers which means teleporters, telekinetics, forcefielders, speed Epics, flyers and a bunch of others are safe. I actually like it because it does add a way to kill High Epics, and hence pose an actual danger to them, since to date there are very few instances of a character discovering another characters weakness.

And on the twins, unfortunately they have been tested and confirmed identical and it's a pretty big part of both their characters, retconning the pain thing in wouldn't actually be too hard compared to retconning them to be non-identical my worry is more that if they both have both powers it would be pretty much guaranteed to make them overpowered as hell, particularly Impact who is actually smart with her powers.

And on the twins, unfortunately they have been tested and confirmed identical and it's a pretty big part of both their characters, retconning the pain thing in wouldn't actually be too hard compared to retconning them to be non-identical my worry is more that if they both have both powers it would be pretty much guaranteed to make them overpowered as hell, particularly Impact who is actually smart with her powers.

Personally I really love the twins as they are now and don't feel it'd be worthwhile to change them at all. Retconning in the pain in particular would really stick out to me. Especially given the sequence where MV's chilling on her not-date with Backtrack while Impact's pushing her powers to the limits in her fight with Deathwish.

Personally I really love the twins as they are now and don't feel it'd be worthwhile to change them at all. Retconning in the pain in particular would really stick out to me. Especially given the sequence where MV's chilling on her not-date with Backtrack while Impact's pushing her powers to the limits in her fight with Deathwish.

Oh yeah I hadn't thought about that in reverse, also since MV is looking for Impact it would be a bit weird to ask Backtrack for help if she could just sense the powers being used.

Really not sure what to do now.  :unsure:

Oh yeah I hadn't thought about that in reverse, also since MV is looking for Impact it would be a bit weird to ask Backtrack for help if she could just sense the powers being used.

Really not sure what to do now. :unsure:

Just let's ignore that part about all twins having shared power. That's far less important to the worldbuilding than weaknesses etc.

Well I can try but now every time I write one of them my OCD is going to act up and I'll be twitching for hours.

Darn canon destroying my Epics. :(

I'd say add in them having limited pain manipulation to make themselves not feel pain but then you'd have to replace the pills Impact got from Baxter with something else.

Of course that still wouldn't fix the same powers problem.

Edited by Edgedancer

Well I can try but now every time I write one of them my OCD is going to act up and I'll be twitching for hours.

Darn canon destroying my Epics. :(

Don't fret about a thing. We're just in one of Firefight's alternate dimensions.

Specifically, one she never makes windows into because it has Nighthound in it. :P

I'd say add in them having limited pain manipulation to make themselves not feel pain but then you'd have to replace the pills Impact got from Baxter with something else.

Of course that still wouldn't fix the same powers problem.

Could have it limited to a certain degree of pain I suppose, otherwise I'd have to change the end of the Deathwish scene too.

Don't fret about a thing. We're just in one of Firefight's alternate dimensions.

Specifically, one she never makes windows into because it has Nighthound in it. :P

I'm sure the twins would rather deal with pain every time they use their powers but still be in a universe without Nighthound. :P

Could have it limited to a certain degree of pain I suppose, otherwise I'd have to change the end of the Deathwish scene too.

I'm sure the twins would rather deal with pain every time they use their powers but still be in a universe without Nighthound. :P

One of them is a shapeshifter that has been hit on the head, forgot about said power and now they think they are twins? :ph34r:

One of them is a shapeshifter that has been hit on the head, forgot about said power and now they think they are twins? :ph34r:

Backstory kind of needs them to be twins.  :unsure:

If it were just the powers thing I could ship Impact off to Astoria and rely on MV being too busy fulfilling every tsundere trope I can think of to cause much trouble but the pain and sensing location thing is really going to be a problem.

Backstory kind of needs them to be twins.  :unsure:

If it were just the powers thing I could ship Impact off to Astoria and rely on MV being too busy fulfilling every tsundere trope I can think of to cause much trouble but the pain and sensing location thing is really going to be a problem.

Sisters from different mothers born around the same that just look really similair and have been told that they are twins because their father didn't want to own up to his sleeping around?

Twin backstory spoilers

Their weakness kind of revolves around them being actual twins

Weaknesses are a psycological thing, aren't they? So whether they are twins by blood or only assume they are shouldn't make much of a difference.

Edited by Edgedancer

Weaknesses are a psycological thing, aren't they? So whether they are twins by blood or only assume they are shouldn't make much of a difference.

Sort of but there's still an objectivity to their activation.

Isn't there a third kind of twin than identical and fraternal twins? An egg cell divides and then gets fertilized by two different sperm cells? I heard that kind of twin can look just about identical but still have different genomes.

Not that I'm aware of, it's either monozygotic (Identical) or dizygotic (Fraternal)

Maybe having them just being very similar looking dizygotic twins could work, I'll have to think about it.