plan of action:

1 Rangers follow the player that got the second most amount of votes last cycle

2 Stone men and shadow binders kills are put up to a secondary vote.

giant blooded players just try too survive.

Old town acolytes heal players.

Gold cloak protection will not be used on players that at that time have votes on them.

Stewards find the roles of the most experienced players.

Wargs just try to survive.

Red priests only revive after the 3rd cycle.

Builders fortify the rooms of anyone they feel like.

1 goldcloak + 1 oldtown acolyte = good

I agree with most of these points but not exactly all of them. 

1: We don't want the Rangers target to be well known since if a traitor is the one with the second most votes they will let someone else do the traitor kill instead so we won't ever catch that. 

2: We have tried this before and sometimes it works others it doesn't. The main benefit is usually to have a pseudo lynch discusion during the night turn and since this game has all actions/lynches happening on the same turn it isn't as necessary. Also often the players with the kill roles rarely ever actually respect the outcome of the secondary vote.

3: I don't think that most experienced players are really the necessity. I would consider more targeting players who take are active and/or leadership role regardless of experience.

4: For the red priest I don't really care when they use the power but I would recommend never using it on someone who has been lynched and instead use it on the traitor kill. I would just be very careful about the traitors pulling off a WGG if they have the priest. Basically just be careful and use it only on the traitor kill i think.

EDIT: Also something I forgot is that I highly recommend village kill roles not using their kills on the first day!

Would it be beneficial to us for an old town acolyte to claim in thread so that players can PM them when they need to? Builders could then protect them from kills and we would have a source of healing known.

I would prefer actually if the players in need of healing were to be the ones revealed in thread because that doesn't actually give any role info. We still have the same problem with traitors claiming to have been wounded. I don't think that they would be as likely to claim that in thread though since it's more likely for them to be caught in the lie then if they did it privately in a pm. 

Edited by Clanky

I want to make sure Jerle, Sart, and Anamaximder all show up. 

Wait, can you do that? Adavantos, who is his vote on right now?

Only the first vote would count until he retracts it in a later post; at that point it would then move to the next player, as he demonstrated by removing his vote from Jerle. That being said, I'm going to rule right now that original votes be green'd out when retracted as well in order to make my life easier / make it harder for me to make a mistake.

Edited by Adavantos

I'll put a vote on Lopen, because being voted on builds character.

Thanks so much. I can always use more character(and now I realize I never gave my character a name. To B. Determined is my name now. Okay.  :P)

(Shhh, I just want to scare them. :P) I think my vote is likely on Jerle until I green them out. So now it should be on Sart. I want to make sure they come and read the thread. 

I remember you doing something similar in AG2. It's an interesting way to vote. I might try it sometime.

I'll try to get a better post up in a bit. I'm a little busy at the moment, so no time to go through the rules again or anything. With Adavantos recent rule clarification about retracted votes, I'd suggest that vote tallies be often used, so that there will be no "mistakes" with lynches. I know I've often forgotten to green out my original vote when this rule is in effect(like MR10 I think it was).

I remember you doing something similar in AG2. It's an interesting way to vote. I might try it sometime.

I honestly do it just because it's convenient to call out multiple people at once, but it does make it easy to move votes.

Edit: I also encourage everyone to use their PMs as much as possible. You only get one per chapter, so make the most of them!

Edited by Mailliw73

Do you mean goldcloaks because builders also stop them from performing actions.

But then wouldn't eliminators just PM for protection and make the Acolyte useless? (If you mean Goldcloaks instead of builders, that is.)

Actually, I forgot about gold cloaks. I guess that would be better. I also forgot that builders trap them in their room. Wow, I need to pay better attention.

plan of action:

Rangers follow the player that got the second most amount of votes last cycle

Stone men and shadow binders kills are put up to a secondary vote.

giant blooded players just try too survive.

Old town acolytes heal players.

Gold cloak protection will not be used on players that at that time have votes on them.

Stewards find the roles of the most experienced players.

Wargs just try to survive.

Red priests only revive after the 3rd cycle.

Builders fortify the rooms of anyone they feel like.

1 goldcloak + 1 oldtown acolyte = good

I don't really understand why Rangers should follow the second-most-voted player? I mean, that makes it so we effectively only have one Ranger, since they're all doing the same thing.

(Shhh, I just want to scare them. :P) I think my vote is likely on Jerle until I green them out. So now it should be on Sart. I want to make sure they come and read the thread.

Oh, okay. Sorry.

Um, do we want to set up some kind of PM system so that everyone is connected somewhat? I don't know.

Um, do we want to set up some kind of PM system so that everyone is connected somewhat? I don't know.

Well I've already sent my PM so too late for me on that. I don't think that any sort of system is that important in this game since the PMs are only a cycle long so it's not like we will be stuck with what we make this turn. 

I would prefer actually if the players in need of healing were to be the ones revealed in thread because that doesn't actually give any role info. We still have the same problem with traitors claiming to have been wounded. I don't think that they would be as likely to claim that in thread though since it's more likely for them to be caught in the lie then if they did it privately in a pm. 

It gives some role info, more than if there were PMs, though there are other flaws in that particular plan. It also gives the eliminators to pinpoint the acolytes. If they have a ranger, or are getting info from a ranger, that would make it extremely easy for them to track the player asking for healing. If they don't die, then the person who targeted them is the acolyte. Also, the amount and frequency of requests would give a ton of info on role.

It gives some role info, more than if there were PMs, though there are other flaws in that particular plan. It also gives the eliminators to pinpoint the acolytes. If they have a ranger, or are getting info from a ranger, that would make it extremely easy for them to track the player asking for healing. If they don't die, then the person who targeted them is the acolyte. Also, the amount and frequency of requests would give a ton of info on role.

The Ranger finds out who their target visits, not who visits them so they wouldn't see a Healer visiting someone claiming to be Wounded.

Wassuuuuuuuuuup, dudes and dudettes?

I'm here.

Hey, just wanted you guys know I'm here, but probably won't be discussing much today, because...D1.

Sooo, anyone got ideas for what to do with roles or plans?

To Braize with all that. JerleShannara, mind telling me your alignment?

You too, ThatTinyStrawMan.

Edited by Kipper

The eliminator kill takes an action, right? So if we all send PM's to one person (say, Kipper, because he likes PMs,) the eliminators are faced with the choice of revealing themselves by not sending a PM, or not making the eliminator kill. We would get info from the lynch without being whittled down by the faceless and the eliminators.

Ooh! I like that plan! Not this cycle, obviously, because people have already started PMs. And what if we PMed an eliminator? They could accuse whoever they wanted. Also then healers wouldn't be able to use their powers. But it's still a good plan, I think.

Not a lot to talk about on Cycle 1, so I thought I'd do a role advice thingy as well, and see what you guys think.

Ranger - The best result to get would be to catch a Traitor making a kill. Eliminators with the least useful roles send in the kills, so if you can pinpoint players who don't have great roles, that might work out. That's pretty much the only advice I can think of at the moment.

Builder - At least for now, I think I'd suggest targeting yourself, so you don't roleblock information gathering roles, and will be available later on in the game to block kills(either though targeting who the Traitors are killing, or by roleblocking the Traitor who is sending in the kill).

Steward - I'm not sure what advice to give for this role. You can confirm players roles that have claimed to you in a PM or in the thread.

Oldtown Acolyte - I'm guessing that players that have Fatal wounds or Greyscale will probably claim in thread, since otherwise they'll die, so your targets will pretty much be chosen for you I guess.

Red Priest - Like Clanky said, you should only revive a player who was killed by the Traitor kill I think. If a lynched player is revived, that could be detrimental, because we won't get their alignment, and so we won't get any information from that lynch.

Giant-Blooded - I'm not sure advice can really be given for a passive role.

Gold Cloak - Any advice directing a protection role to a certain player or groups of players given in the thread is basically pointless for a protection role.

Skinchanger - This is a very interesting role. It's hard to give advice though, because it would most likely be used in specific situations. Like, if you wanted to move a vote for whatever reason, or you thought you might know who is sending in the Traitor kill.

Greenseer - This is pretty awesome. I'd say just try to survive as long as possible so you can relay information from the Loyal players in the dead doc. Of course, it's possible that the Traitors could get this role, so we can't just automatically accept information from a Greenseer as the truth. A note to all the players who die as well: Be cautious giving out information that you learned while you were alive in the dead doc. If you blab about players roles, and the Traitors have a Greenseer, you could mess up any plans that some players set up or traps they laid out or get an important role killed. I would say most of what dead players should talk about would be who is a Traitor or not.

Shadowbinder - Kill wisely I guess.

Stoneman - This could be a useful way to put pressure on players, since it takes 2 Cycles for your victims to actually die. I don't think I'd suggest using it right away, but it's not as if you're killing someone that Cycle. I'm not sure if we can count on every single role being out there, but I'd guess Oldtown Acolyte would be one of the central ones, so I'd guess Ada gave us at least one.

Warg - No advice on this one. If you get lynched, target the player you most suspect is an eliminator out of the group lynching you? I do have a question for the GM though: Ada, will a Warg attack a Stoneman if the Stoneman targets them?

There's also the fact that there is an inactivity filter in this game, so, of course, stay active.

PK, PM's aren't an action I don't think. Ada, is the PM you can send each Cycle considered an Action? If so, are players limited to one Action per Cycle? Since this IS role madness, I doubt the PM's count as an Action, but it's best to get clarification anyways.

The eliminator kill takes an action, right? So if we all send PM's to one person (say, Kipper, because he likes PMs,) the eliminators are faced with the choice of revealing themselves by not sending a PM, or not making the eliminator kill. We would get info from the lynch without being whittled down by the faceless and the eliminators.

Except your PM doesn't take an action to make. It's a passive ability of all players to make a PM with one other player each cycle. It seems pretty clear in the rules and also in the GM PM it says every cycle you can vote, start a PM, use your role ability. Not PM or use role ability.

Greenseer - This is pretty awesome. I'd say just try to survive as long as possible so you can relay information from the Loyal players in the dead doc. Of course, it's possible that the Traitors could get this role, so we can't just automatically accept information from a Greenseer as the truth. A note to all the players who die as well: Be cautious giving out information that you learned while you were alive in the dead doc. If you blab about players roles, and the Traitors have a Greenseer, you could mess up any plans that some players set up or traps they laid out or get an important role killed. I would say most of what dead players should talk about would be who is a Traitor or not.

PK, PM's aren't an action I don't think. Ada, is the PM you can send each Cycle considered an Action? If so, are players limited to one Action per Cycle? Since this IS role madness, I doubt the PM's count as an Action, but it's best to get clarification anyways.

Wow. I hadn't even considered a traitor Greenseer. That's a scary thought.

Also, Ada, if there are multiple Greenseers do they have to reveal themselves to each other in the dead doc?

...PK and I are collective idiots. I'm pretty sure you're right. Oh well...

You're probably right. In my PM from ada, it said that, "you are a hrmhrmhr. Once per cycle, you can do the following", and I misread that as, "each cycle, you can do one of the following."

I thought I was on to something awesome there... :(

Also, Ada, if there are multiple Greenseers do they have to reveal themselves to each other in the dead doc?

That is definitely something we need to worry about. When you die I recommend not sharing any crucial info unless the Greenseer(s) is a players that you trusted prior to death. This isn't a regular dead doc where everything is fun and games. We now have consequences!  ;)

Also I assume that the same as anyone else in the dead docs they have to choose a colour and put their name on the top so if there were multiple of them they could just look at that to find out if there are any other greenseers. 

EDIT: PK, it was a good idea, unfortunately a silly little thing called the rules got in the way. 

Edited by Clanky

Was about to go to sleep but saw an email with a couple of these questions and thought they were too important to let go unanswered.

Warg - No advice on this one. If you get lynched, target the player you most suspect is an eliminator out of the group lynching you? I do have a question for the GM though: Ada, will a Warg attack a Stoneman if the Stoneman targets them?

No. This is one of two circumstances where the Warg's ability will not work. In this case it is due to the discreet nature of the Stoneman role; flavor wise, all the Stoneman would have to do is brush their target in passing with their infected hand or taint a water supply or meal that they are about to consume, therefore it is near impossible for a character to determine on their own. In the case of an attack from a Shadowbinder, Traitor or Faceless Man, they will see the person who attacks them before they die and thus be able to send their bonded pet to seek vengeance. The other circumstance that a Warg's ability would be nullified is if they receive a Fatal Wound from inactivity, as they have no one but themselves to blame for their death at that point.

Ada, is the PM you can send each Cycle considered an Action? If so, are players limited to one Action per Cycle?

Clanky's interpretation is correct. You can vote once, send a single PM and take one action every cycle.

Greenseer's are not required to put their name in the doc, they simply could choose a color and name themselves Greenseer #1 and Greenseer #2, for example.

Edited by Adavantos

I'm good. However, I would prefer to go to Ashyn, not Braize.

Edit: Also, what does a room do?

JerleShannara, thanks. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "room."

ThatTinyStrawMan, I'd still like to know...

Edit: Know your alignment, that is.

Edited by Kipper