Calamity Typos thread

RShara

Ch 30 (kindle loc 3578) "David and Mizzy had brought extra wire climbers" should be Abraham and Mizzy.

Acknowledgements (kindle loc 5835) "ininsouciant Peter Ahlstrom" --if we are trying to stick to real words, that has an extra "in," but it could well be intentional.

Kindle LOC: 1050

"That let my hand fall on his shoulder," seems like "that" is a mistake.

Pretty sure "that" is correct, referring to Manny's release of David's hand. Though I agree that it took me a couple times through to parse that sentence, so it wasn't the most clear construction.

I don't see a typos thread yet, so here goes.

Ebook page 78.  Chapter 12, second page

Looks like there is a stray comma after But...

This actually happens several times in the text.  I counted at least 3, where there's an ellipse followed by a comma...,

This actually happens several times in the text.  I counted at least 3, where there's an ellipse followed by a comma...,

Is that actually a typo? I'm not well versed on that aspect of grammar...; I don't often put commas after ellipses, but I don't know if it's technically incorrect.

In all the instances I noticed, the commas following ellipses were there to set off italicized thoughts or conversations-by-mobile. If the italics are being used to denote quotes without overt quotation marks, I can see how putting a comma before "he said" would make sense in a given style guide.

Edited by ccstat

Kindle LOC 1721

“Makes an chull out of you and Mer. I believe that's supposed to say "me"

No, it's supposed to Mer. It's a spin on the saying "you know what assuming does? It makes a chull out of you and me," except it's not assume, it's assumer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/16/2016 at 5:22 PM, ccstat said:

Ch 30 (kindle loc 3578) "David and Mizzy had brought extra wire climbers" should be Abraham and Mizzy.

Acknowledgements (kindle loc 5835) "ininsouciant Peter Ahlstrom" --if we are trying to stick to real words, that has an extra "in," but it could well be intentional.

Pretty sure "that" is correct, referring to Manny's release of David's hand. Though I agree that it took me a couple times through to parse that sentence, so it wasn't the most clear construction.

interesting