Odium's Intent

Master Elodin

I think there's a lot more going on with the Oathpact and the Desolations than we realize. I don't think Honor was the nice guy we all think he is, and Odium's goals are more specific than to just destroy.

That would be really cool in my opinion. I really do hope that we get a less "evil" antagonist as a shard someday. Ruin, Hatred. These are all such obviously evil and bad intents. It has allready been alluded in Secret History that Preservation having complete control would have been nearly as bad as ruin having control. (I won't mention specifics in order to avoid spoilers, since the book is pretty new). And very similar things could be done with other intents that seem "good" at first. From the right, or the wrong however you see it, perspective even the best intent can be scewed to mean something bad. We actually allready might have something similar to that with the Nightwatcher.

Preservation being equally bad is a pretty simple conclusion actually. His intent promotes endless stagnation. Nothing dies (or at least he'll try to keep it that way if possible), but nothing grows or even changes. That's not really living, in my opinion, and you will be there until the end, knowing that there will never be better days to be had.

The Final Empire was basically an unchanging culture. Only one religion, immortal ruler, technological development is suppressed. Imagine that going on for eternity.

• Chaos locked this topic