Lounge

king007

To everyone who drew my attention to this thread, thank you. To all of you, I apologize for not being able to respond in a more timely fashion. In particular, I apologize to those who needed support and didn't get it over the last few days.

Over the weekend I will be taking @Mandamon's suggestion and adding some points to the Welcome to Reading Excuses thread about not attacking others on the basis of gender, religion, orientation, race, or other categories of identity. It should not need saying, but regardless of need it is certainly worth saying.

So that it is absolutely clear where I stand: As a group, we are responsible for making ourselves a welcoming space for diverse and marginalized voices (as a matter of humanity, first and foremost, but let's be clear; our ability or inability to do this absolutely does affect our craft). This is something that we clearly need to get better at. I hope I won't be the only one thinking about the best way to facilitate that process.

Per Mandamon's suggestion, I'm going to be locking this thread for now. Please keep an eye out for some modifications to the Welcome to Reading Excuses thread this weekend.

• Rubix locked this topic