The Fixing of Aons (Spoilers?)

Volratho

I literally just discovered 2 threads that, combined, gave me that same answer :D

So, now that I know why they went mad during Shaod due to Reod.... the question is, what changed inherently in Seons post-transformation, if anything?

SA

Mostly I wonder this because Syl seems very affected by Kaladin's "changes"

and if the bond are similar, on a spiritual level, it stands to reason the Seons would be affected in some way. Perhaps the lack of chasm line in them keeps the change from happening, but as they're splinters, I doubt that. Sort of.

More research for me :D

Seon Ien, according to Raoden at least, seemed altered by the experience, although whether that was from vague recollections of being Hoed or from the completed Shaod is unclear.  

If I remember right the Seon with their incomplete Aon will face an unpleasure effect if they try to "finalizate it" ... Therefore probably a Seon may use a kind of limited AonDor with his own Aon but without the new line this don't work at the best or may harm the seon.

If I remember right the Seon with their incomplete Aon will face an unpleasure effect if they try to "finalizate it" ... Therefore probably a Seon may use a kind of limited AonDor with his own Aon but without the new line this don't work at the best or may harm the seon.

Yes, I've read this, too. My questing isn't about Seon use of magic, but what changed in them on a spiritual/cognitive/physical level once the Shaod completed. I see the Shaod enhancing the bond

similar to how reciting the Words on their order enhances the bind between Radiant and spren, which does effect the spren and the changes manifests itself in them.

Perhaps in book 2 we will learn more, but I can't shake the thought that the chasm line might hinder the changes in the Seons, at least in some way. If not the chasm line, then the event that caused it, perhaps.

If the Aons can be fixed, then there must logically be a way to fix the Seons. Now, that doesn't mean it can be accomplished. I just feel that there is a problem and all problems have a solution of some sort, even if it is far from ideal or even probable. Perhaps the solution lies in "technology" no longer accessible

since the shard that created them splintered into them, that power is no longer available in a way that could offer a present-day solution

Just my thoughts. I'm just fascinated with these little creatures and I hate feeling like they have been reduced to less than what they should be even though AonDor has been "fixed".

Another thought is whether Seons can be affected, and thereby "fixed", using soulstamps. Perhaps to rewrite their central Aons with the chasm line.

• Chaos locked this topic