[Bands Spoilers] People on the Broadsheet

The Sovereign

I am about half way through my re-read of Bands of Mourning and I noticed something quite interesting on one of the Broadsheets.

"Do your metal tools talk to you? You're neighbors probably don't want to hear about it, but we do. Visit K or N."

This seems to be the 2nd reference to Kriss and Nazh in Bands of Mourning, did anyone else pick up on this?

I am about half way through my re-read of Bands of Mourning and I noticed something quite interesting on one of the Broadsheets.

"Do your metal tools talk to you? You're neighbors probably don't want to hear about it, but we do. Visit K or N."

This seems to be the 2nd reference to Kriss and Nazh in Bands of Mourning, did anyone else pick up on this?

Didn't notice the K & N on my read, but it has been been pointed out by a few people so far. Good catch though. It would have taken me a while to see that without these forums.

i also have the audio book and i remember that bit but not the K & N part...and at first i didn't think about nightblood, but about the cognitive or is it spiritual? of the tool...and they wanted to research those people so they can study them to see how they can tap into cognitive realm,

did the five scholars created any other tools though??

did the five scholars created any other tools though??

While I don't think it's explicitly stated, I don't think so.  It sounded as if Nightblood was the test piece to see whether it could be done.  If they had given another tool sentience, then I suspect that the problem with creating an intelligent sword to "kill evil" would have quickly become apparent.

It's also worth noting that they might not necessarily be looking for another Nightblood.  Since we don't know how all of the investiture systems work, it's possible that an as yet unrevealed system can provide (possibly simulated) sentience to inanimate objects, and K&N are investigating to see if something similar is possible on Scadrial.

• Chaos locked this topic