[Bands Spoilers]Yummy Drink

Shardbearer

My first thought was carbonated lemonade with way too much sugar added but an early version of [insert your favorite lemon/lime-ish fizzy drink here] certainly works.

And this book also introduces hot chocolate to northern Scadrial. A culinary revolution is imminent!

That was the best part! :P

Really, I think almost everything Steris does in the book could be called 'the best part'. xD

Edited by Weltall

Champagne is usually a dry and somewhat bitter white wine, my guess is the comment refers to it's bubbliness and color.

For my money this is somebody inventing soda on Scadrial. As mentioned above: here on Earth the first flavored fizzy drinks (and the earliest form of modern soda) was a form of carbonated lemonade, though seltzer water was invented some decades before.

It hits about the same time (technologically speaking) that flavoring with fruit, sarsaparilla, and others started to be added to the carbonated water. It started to catch on around the mid to late 1800's, and Moxie, Coke, etc. began gaining widespread popularity and growing exponentially as the industrial revolution began its start—when guns and trains and motor cars were about equal with what we've seen on Scadrial.

What this means is that yes, just as Weltall stated: Not only is Scadrial in for an industrial revolution, but a culinary one as well. Mass soda-pop production heralded the invention of cheaper and more easily manufactured sugars, artificial flavoring, and electrical refrigeration.

Source: I grew up in a vending family, lol.

• Chaos locked this topic