[Bands Spoilers]Yummy Drink

Shardbearer

Contrary to, what I'm sure is, popular message board etiquette, I have no trouble being incorrect.  Thats half the reason I come to message boards, to verify facts, confrim understandings of things discussed in the novels, and compare ideas.

So, if I'm wrong, feel free to point it out to me.  I might put that in my sig

Wax smiled, reaching for the cup she’d set out for him. “What is this?”

“Soda water,” she said.
He held it up to the light. “It’s yellow.”
“All the rage here, apparently,” Steris said. “With lemon flavoring.”
Wax took a drink, then nearly choked.
“What?” Steris asked, alarmed. “Poison?”
“Sugar,” Wax said. “About seven cups of it.”
Steris took a sip, then pulled back. “How odd. It’s like champagne, only … not.”
Wax shook his head. What was wrong with people in this city?
//
Wax studied the man for a time, and when he looked back toward Steris, half of his fizzy yellow drink was gone. She looked innocently in the other direction.
Edited by Zmann966

Is that what that like champagne but not comment is?  I've never had champagne, so I wouldn't know what it tasted like (I don't drink, don't see the point).

Best guess is that you can't view the entire quote? Zmann quoted 11 lines, of which is Steris saying it is lemon flavored. Champagne does have a fruity taste, but I believe that comparison is more to the fact that it is carbonated, and this is the advent of the first soft drink, ie carbonated beverage that is not alcoholic. If I am misreading your post I apologize in advance. 

edit: ninjaed!

Edited by Pathfinder

Best guess is that you can't view the entire quote? Zmann quoted 11 lines, of which is Steris saying it is lemon flavored. Champagne does have a fruity taste, but I believe that comparison is more to the fact that it is carbonated, and this is the advent of the first soft drink, ie carbonated beverage that is not alcoholic. If I am misreading your post I apologize in advance. 

edit: ninjaed!

:ph34r: