[BoM minor spoilers] Ranette tech

Senor Feesh

I'm not really sure what other powers there are exactly.  I only know about lurchers from wax and push/pull.

Hm, how about resin bladed dueling canes?  That way, wayne could actually slice a guy up, without actually being vulnerable to allomancy?

what other powers are there?

Well, for starters there's Wax, Wayne and Marasi's other powers (Iron Feruchemy to store/tap weight, Gold Feruchemy to store/tap health, and Cadmium/Bendalloy for Speed Bubbles).

Check out the Ars Arcanum at the back of the books or the Coppermind for the full list though.

I only have the audible versions of the books though.

Edit:

I'm trying to think of some way to make meresie more usefull in combat, and I can't think of a way her powers would be helpfull in that way.  She might be able to advance time really fast around her.  So she could (in theory) travel forward in time that way.

If she gets really good at brawling, she could hold someone in a fight while her friends get close around her.

Edited by mattig89ch

The over-sensitivity of Tineyes has always struck me as something that would be fairly easy to fix with a little preparation:

Tinted goggles to make going out with super-senses in the daylight possible

Sound canceling headphones to block out specific frequency bands (I think the US military had some rudimentary versions in the 1930's?)

Painkillers so they don't die from stubbing their toes

clothespin for their nose if they need to infiltrate somewhere dark and disgusting (Sewers?)

I've always wanted to see a Thug decked out in full heavy plate armor but maybe that's just overkill

The enhancement metals are sort of difficult, though I could see Nicrobursts carrying around utility belts packed with all the metal vials for their team in future books.

Personally, I'd love to see a Soother/Rioter hypnotist duo.

Speaking of emotional manipulation, it seems to me that it would probably be very easy for a rioter to basically control someone if they roofied them first and flared one thing (IE: murderous rage)

Magic wizard armor from Stormlight Archive series.  It does have some resistance to the Surges on Roshar, so I'd assume it would also be resistant to steel pushing.  The trouble would be keeping it fueled without access to additional stormlight.

Back to the main topic, how about Ranette style tech for twinborns?  I'm imagining a steel compounder could seriously benefit from a big suit made of bubble wrap.

Tubular grenade with a anchor spike on the front, vindication style allomantic detonation trigger, and an aluminum safety pin so that some other coinshot can't just set it off while it's still on your person.  Sort of an allomantically propelled smart bomb.

If I were a coinshot who needed to cross a vast barren distance (you'd run out of bits of metal to drop) I'd carry around a unicycle.  Just keep pushing on the front of the wheel to power it's rotation.  Just picture some silly sob cruising across the roughs at 70mph on a unicycle.

Same idea as above...only instead of a unicycle for mobility...shorter, smaller allomantically powered circular saw, melee weapon.

For a thug...a "not quite suicide vest".  basically just a padded/armored/framed (non allomantic metal of course) vest and helmet with face mask that has large forward pointing shape charges strapped to the front and back.......you'll probably be fine...

Racquetball from hell. Fist sized hard rubber ball with a metal weight in the center for coinshots.  You can push on it (through walls).  It bounces like crazy.  "Ever wanted to beat up a room full of people without stepping inside?  Well now you can!!!"

Edited by hoidhunter

If I were a coinshot who needed to cross a vast barren distance (you'd run out of bits of metal to drop) I'd carry around a unicycle.  Just keep pushing on the front of the wheel to power it's rotation.  Just picture some silly sob cruising across the roughs at 70mph on a unicycle.

That's a great idea, similar to my balloon propeller idea but you could go much faster.  Why does it have to be a unicycle, it could easily be a bicycle and you just push on the wheel spokes in front of you.

• Chaos locked this topic