[BoM Spoilers] A broadsheet back from Shadows of Self...

Platysaur

You know I was also just reading the broadsheets from SOS, Ch.6 has a title about "visitors from another world" and a picture of someone wearing a tiki-looking mask.

So-Scal anyone?

The Red and Black colouration suggest it might instead be for example a Storm (or other as yet unseen armoured) form Parshendi.

• 4 weeks later...

Relevant WoB about this topic from the Seattle Calamity Sighting. No direct quote yet in the transcription, but the indirect quote currently there is:

(SoS Broadsheet was Southern Scadrian, he just wanted people to think it was a listener)

Looks like we don't have Parshendi on Scadrial, but a simple case of an author trolling his super-fans.

Use a compass needle. It points to Preservation's shardpool, or at least it used to.

Also, I guess that "Northern Scadrial" is still located in the Southern Hemisphere, because the Northern Roughs seem Savanna-like (nealy tropical), while the Elendel basin has a kind of mediterran climate.

Climate temperature is mostly determined by distance from the equator. (there's other effects that can cool or warm particular areas, as iirc Europe is cooler than would be expected given its proximity to the equator, which I think has to do with cool ocean currents or something?) So that wouldn't suggest that Scadrial has flipped what's referred to as North and South. The only way to figure that out is to see which way water rotates as it drains, which Brandon hasn't described, iirc.

I never said that north and south were swapped, merely, that Elendel seems to be south of the equator. Southern Scadrial can still be far more south (let's say Elendel lies about as far from the equator as Florida does, there is still enough room between that and the respective pole)

Climate temperature is mostly determined by distance from the equator. (there's other effects that can cool or warm particular areas, as iirc Europe is cooler than would be expected given its proximity to the equator, which I think has to do with cool ocean currents or something?) So that wouldn't suggest that Scadrial has flipped what's referred to as North and South. The only way to figure that out is to see which way water rotates as it drains, which Brandon hasn't described, iirc.

Actually from what I can remember Europe is warmer than it otherwise would be because of the (I think) gulf stream bringing up warm water from the tropics. Also the water draining thing is a myth if I remember correctly.

• Chaos locked this topic