Wait, there are other people who watch Tabletop?  :o

Ripple, everybody on this planet drinks, including Yolen. You telling me that you don't trust your employer?

*shakes head*

I find it best to never trust employers. They're always slightly corrupt.

Not that that's bad, or anything.  :ph34r:

Ah, someone else who watches Tabletop! I too enjoy that.

Wait, there are other people who watch Tabletop?  :o

My people! I have found you!

But seriously, it's amazing right? Among my favorites are Resistance, Betrayal at house on the hill, The Lords of Waterdeep (given), elder signs (Tentacles!) and ticket to ride (The original, where Anne wrecks it all!). I was introduced with the small world episode. Loved it ever since!

Edit: Blue

​So much discussion of alcohol in here.  ^_^

Not really much true discussion. Does anyone actually want to talk about alcohol" Anyone a beer connoisseur? Or whiskey? I just really like talking about beer so I don't consider this really a lot of discussion about alcohol. :D 

Quick question, have any of you played The Resistance before?

I have played resistance about 10 times but IU have never been a spy! It's so annoying :P

So I don't really have much actual important discussion to put here but I just thought I would let people know I'm actually paying attention to this game. I will agree that this is what I expect from Kyn since he has done the same things in MR11. I also haven't quite come up with a character yet but I will soon. Hopefully when I've done my midterm I'll have the time to do some real RP.

Star Thief sat on a small round table near the center of the room. And yes, actually on the table, feet crossed underneath her with a cute white cat purring peacefully in her lap. A large glass of sparkling orange soda sat next to her on the table, about half empty. All around her, big, noisy men stomped around and shouted at each other for little things like getting one of their friends killed. It's not like they stole any shinys or anything, she though to her self, quite confused. If they did, then it would be cause to be mad.  For her, the whole world revolved around things that glittered and sparkled in the light. The little girl raised her hand and brushed a stray piece of bright silver hair out of her face, and trucked it behind her ear. As she turned her head, her bright blue eyes caught sight of something extremely shiny, one of the spigots behind the bar. 

Gently picking her cat up, Star Thief stored weight and jumped down from the table, gently landing in front of it. She made her way between the noisy and clumsy big people and approached the shiny spigot. While no one was looking, she quickly tapped weight, and pulled on the small shiny spigot, and, after a little resistance, it came flaying off the wall. Star Thief managed to put her prize into her pocket and skipped away from the growing pile of ale that was spilling onto the floor from the untapped spigot. 

---     ---     ---

So, first Star Thief RP, more to come. I don't have any lasting suspicions right now, so no vote for the time being. This might possibly change, but mostly likely not. 

I feel like Kyn is being pretty consistent with what he's said about D1 lynches. It might not be what other people think, but it's consistent with what he normally does.

​So much discussion of alcohol in here.  ^_^

Luna, if you see this, can you please post your thoughts in here? That would be very helpful.

EDIT: something keeps on going wrong with my purple text.

Oh, well hello there. That was very silly of you to pick me out of the crowd, but I honestly think that lynching anyone on the first day seems very pointless. Nothing has happened for me to be suspicious of anyone... xD

Lane scowled at the proceedings. Well, more than his normal permanent look of distaste.

First that perfectly good poker game was disrupted. Luckily he'd picked up on the cheater not too far into the games and had made a small fortune off of a few poor suckers stuck on gamblers fallacy.

Next, some big shot calling himself dragonspit got the guards all riled up. Now they'd be watching extra close which throws off my trade. He hoped their attention would stay on him.

To top it all off, his employer didn't like drunks! Who doesn't like drunks? Lane couldn't imagine liking anyone who couldn't hold his own in a drinking contest.

Of course he had an upper hand in those competitions. Lane always did. He wasn't foolhardy enough to get into a competition without already knowing he'd win.

Except maybe this time.

This time he'd gone out on a limb. Obviously the host has means and connections, but he was clearly miles ahead of Lane. That was an uncomfortable feeling.

Lane signaled for another drink and a lanky waiter rushed over. Only highly trained eyes could have caught the sleight of hand as the waiter slipped something from his pocket as he handed the mug to Lane.

The corner of Lane's frown twitched- the closest he got to a smile- as he felt the paper underneath. He took a long drink from his fresh mug before standing to announce "I volunteer for the secret mission which will undoubtedly be called for soon." His mouth twitched again. He did love to be a step ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So if it isn't clear. I'm volunteering for the mission. Take that how you will, but also know that I will succeed it. I've played resistance several times as well as a similar game called avalon. I'm stoked for this game! Also please don't kill me for that.

Edit: sorry. Early posted. I blame my phone.

Edit 2: finished RP.

Edited by Elkanah

Well I meant that you hadn't posted yet, but that's changed now.  :P

Have you ever played The Resistance game before? Do you have any idea's for the planning stage or for any of the roles? (I mean, besides that everyone should claim to you of course.  ;))

I know. :P 

Actually, just a couple days before these signups went up, I played Avalon for the first time, so yes, I am. 

I suggest that we focus on the group who fails a mission and begin weeding them out one by one. We can't do that till after the first mission though.

@Wyrm, Is the 4 players on a mission number a set number throughout the game, or will it ever fluctuate?

I ask because if it is a set number, then that means we will have to win with at least 4 loyals left standing. That's actually somewhat of a bother, but I don't think it's too much of a problem(assuming those 4 players are active!). If this is true, I suspect Wyrm may have only started the eliminator team with 3 players to balance that mechanic, but I'm not sure, since that's a really low percentage(3/20 is 15%, and the norm is usually somewhere in between 18% and 23% or something I think? So at first I was thinking 4, since that's 20%, but now I'm not sure.). But I think the planning stage is mostly beneficial to the eliminators as well, since only loyals can die from it(although it can give valuable information).

Edit: Whoops. Forgot to say this.

A loyal Assassin could act as a one time Seeker(Hacker) if they wanted to. If they only target one player, and then that player survives, they'll know they're loyal. This might be wasteful though, what do you guys think?

@Wyrm, If a loyal Assassin targets a loyal player who is being protected by Medical Knowledge, what would happen? Would the attack go through and get nullified by the protection? Or would the attack be negated because it hit a loyal?

@Wrym, Also, could we get the Order of Actions please?

1) The number of players for the mission is a set number, and will remain at 4.

2) The attack is still negated, as a loyal was targeted.

3) Temporal Displacement -> False Trails, Medical Knowledge, Well-Connected, Communications Expert -> Hackers, Data Gathering & Assassins. A quick reminder that all actions are Night-time uses.

Edited by Wyrmhero

So for the most part, everyone has the basics covered, like looking at missions that fail etc more closely. However, the eliminators can always choose to make a mission succeed anyway, so as to make them more trusted and more likely to go on missions, which can be bad later on for us if the numbers of eliminators and innocents get close. 

For this reason, Mailliw.

Well, I'd say it does make sense to focus on the players who were on the missions that fail, since it gives at least a 1/4 chance of getting an eliminator(which you would think we would have randomly picking out 4 players anyway, but this way it's a sure thing that there's at least one). There would also be a better chance if there's more than one eliminator on that mission, though I would guess that if the majority are eliminators, they might just decide to let the mission succeed so that we would be more trusting of them. So pretty much, I would say it's a good idea to look closely at failed missions, but not to put too much trust in those who succeed.

Once again, I have some more questions for the GM! 

If a loyal player does not submit their vote for the mission to succeed, and then dies because of that, will we be told that that was the reason, rather than someone voting "no" or "fail?"

Also, if more than one loyal player does not send in a vote for a mission, do they all die, or only one?

Regardless, players who pick the players to go on a mission should always pick active players, unless we want to use the mission as a way to clear out an inactive(which I hadn't even thought of until just now).

If a loyal player does not submit their vote for the mission to succeed, and then dies because of that, will we be told that that was the reason, rather than someone voting "no" or "fail?"

Also, if more than one loyal player does not send in a vote for a mission, do they all die, or only one?

1) The reason a player died on the mission will not be mentioned.

2) If multiple players do not send a vote in for a mission, I will pick one at random to die.

Klyn, didn't look up from his drink when the fight started or when the coins started flying around the room. It was a nice stout that he had never tried before but it tasted like something that would be brewed by Heron Industries.

Say what you want about the megacorps but they do make some good booze. Klyn hadn't decided to become HISSless because he hated the Megacorporations or thought they were evil. Nope his reasons were much more important then that. The Megacorporations don't allow you to have anything from any of the other Megacorps. That meant he had been stuck with only the possibilities of trying one tenth of all the alcohols out there! It was absolutely ridiculous. How could anyone expect to retain the loyalty of their "employees" if they had such oppressive restrictions!

Klyn noticed that there was some sort of video playing at the end of the bar but only caught the last part of the speech:

"......I wish to note that I will require any participants in tonight's attack to be sober, and that being drunk all the time will not endear me to you. We have ways of sobering you up, and they are not pleasant. I trust you will not disappoint me.”

Attack? Sober!?! what kind of party is this! I'm just here cause I heard about the free bar!

------

Just thought I'd actually get the character introductions going on since I hadn't even chosen a name yet. I think that the whole Resistance aspect of this game will definitely be interesting but we can't use mission passes or failures as our only way of finding players. There will only be four out of all the players even participating in them. So that could cause some major assumptions that may not be right especially since the traitors are likely to pass the first few missions regardless. 

I will ask that whomever is making the parties that they need to pick active players since If somebody doesn't respond they will vote for the mission to fail, assuming they are loyal.

EDIT:That is the most important thing especially since we will not be notified as to why the mission fails.

Edited by Clanky

Oh, well hello there. That was very silly of you to pick me out of the crowd, but I honestly think that lynching anyone on the first day seems very pointless. Nothing has happened for me to be suspicious of anyone... xD

I wanted to encourage you to speak up. It's much nicer when people are talking.  ^_^

LUNA, I think she just picked you since you are a new player here, and sometimes players will join a game and then never participate. So she was probably just trying to make sure you weren't one of those!  :)

As Lopen said, sometimes people will sign up and never post at all.

*opens Scanner app*

*sets Bronze burning mode to on*

*takes another swig of rum*

Yolen, you got deep pockets. You oughtta pay more attention to your bars.

So the biggest difference between this game and resistance is pm's. Where in the board game it is very difficult for the spies to communicate thus they give themselves away by having two fails on the same mission, in this game not only do they have free communication, we also don't know how many people chose to fail the mission in the first place.

I think this is just as important an angle to look at as the eliminators allowing the mission to succeed. If four people go on a mission and two of them are evil, then we kill one of the eliminators, we can't assume the rest of the people in that group are cleared.

Thanks Wyrm! I think that's all I've got...for now!  :P

Okay, so this is interesting. If we wanted to check on an inactive(I'm talking really inactive, as in doesn't even get online for a couple days), we could make the party have 3 fully active players, and then the one inactive. That way, those 3 players will be protected from death by eliminators AND the mission failure, and we'll be able to get a read on the inactive. If the mission fails, they were loyal and would die obviously, but if the missions succeeds, or someone other than the inactive dies, we'll know they're an eliminator! And with the case that someone other than the inactive dies, we would know that there was another eliminator in the group of 3 actives. I don't know that this will ever happen, and I hope it doesn't, because I hope everyone stays active through each Cycle, but it's there if we need it.

Theoretically, we could ask a player to not vote at all for the mission so that we could protect 3 people from death, and get that players alignment(which would only be loyal if they actually go through with it), but I don't think I'd ever ask anyone to do that, 'cause it's basically telling the player to either kill themselves or reveal that they're an eliminator.  :blink: