[Bands of mourning spoils tho m8] The power of a fullborn

Full Metal Rithmatist

Given how powerful the bands makes wax ( how the hell did they kill TLR i mean cmon now ) 

it got me thinking. 

A knight radiant has 20% of one magic system.

A mistborn has 100% of a shards magic system.

and we know 100% is not equal to just 5 x 20% since having multiple powers creates EXTRA effects.

and a fullborn has 2 entire magic systems at his disposal. It would seem a fullborn is far and away VASTLY more powerful than pretty much anyone else at this point.

Steelrunning + seer alone would probably allow you to murder half an army of radiants.

Without event taking compounding into the mix.

TLdR, scadrians are OP.

Edited by Full Metal Rithmatist

Well, they're the ones that are going to have the science fiction-y novel, presumably because of the fun they can have with mass reduction.  Your rocket would still have to match the velocity of the target celestial body, but the actual travel time would be incredibly low since you could accelerate yourself to near lightspeed with (relative) ease through mass reduction.

In the end, I suspect the Scadrians will be the primary protagonists as a result, the people leading the fight against whatever threat it is that they're fighting at that time.  Since they're probably going to have to fight some gods, if they're not super OP, they'd get crushed in a heartbeat.

and we know 100% is not equal to just 5 x 20% since having multiple powers creates EXTRA effects.

Do we have a WoB on the extra effects? If every combination would create an extra effect (as in allomancy+feruchemy) each, then a fullborn would have 16x16=256 extra effects? The few fullborn we've seen haven't seemed to exude extra effects like that, but that could also be because of the relative lack of "screen time" so to speak...

Wax has a twinborn effect, which we hadn't seen as of SoS and I don't think there was anything in Bands that could have been his effect either, so presumably a fullborn would have multiple effects. In my opinion, a Mistborn or a full Keeper would not have effects, since their powers all come from one set. I think it's when you mix different sets that the extra effects come into play.

If I'm right, then on Roshar each surge is it's own set, so you still get effects from mixing two surges with your Nahel Bond.

Do we have a WoB on the extra effects? If every combination would create an extra effect (as in allomancy+feruchemy) each, then a fullborn would have 16x16=256 extra effects? The few fullborn we've seen haven't seemed to exude extra effects like that, but that could also be because of the relative lack of "screen time" so to speak...

It's in an Ars Arcanum, beginning with SoS, iirc.

Wax has a twinborn effect, which we hadn't seen as of SoS and I don't think there was anything in Bands that could have been his effect either, so presumably a fullborn would have multiple effects. In my opinion, a Mistborn or a full Keeper would not have effects, since their powers all come from one set. I think it's when you mix different sets that the extra effects come into play.

If I'm right, then on Roshar each surge is it's own set, so you still get effects from mixing two surges with your Nahel Bond.

all the 10 surges come from one set and those still generate extra effects depending on the combo

Two shards though... I have a thought that each order gets a surge from honor and a surge from cultivation.

It's technically possible given the essentially circular nature of the powers of the Knights Radiant. It's also possible that the whole Knights Radiant system is an emergent property of Cultivation and Honour's powers mixing.

• Chaos locked this topic