[Secret History Spoilers] His Lady Friend

Zalocx

So when Kel finally leaves Kredik Shaw and finds the crew at a funeral for soldiers who died during the siege of Luthadel he also has a moment with Preservation where he catches a glimpse of the enormity of the god's power and the pain he feels at Ruin's hands. Then Preservation, in his somewhat delirious state, drops and interesting line:

“Oh, Senna . . .” Preservation whispered. “I’m losing this place. Losing them all . . .”

-Mistborn: Secret History (Kindle Locations 824-825)

I'm guessing this is someone important to Leras, and important enough to be namedropped in a novella filled to the brim with references to the greater Cosmere. I'm also assuming this is a female based on the name "Senna". So who could she be? A fellow Vessel Leras was romantically involved with like Honor and Cultivation were? A potential world-hopping bigwig? Just a minor character we will meet in Dragonsteel?   

Edited by Moogle

As a moderation note, please keep thread titles very very vague. The original title for this post, "Leras' Lady Friend", sort of spoils Leras is in the book. It's not super major, but we're being very strict on titles all the same. Chaos discusses a little on where the line is being drawn here.

I would think that she was another shardholder as the sixteen original shardholders must have planned for an age before finally bringing Adonalsium down, maybe her and Leras were a thing before the shattering, or maybe she holds a shard extremely similar to preservation and saw eye to eye before going to their respective shardworlds

Why would Post-Ruin-Ati think that he's on Vax anyway?

I don't think we know if Ruin/Ati came directly from Yolen to made Scadrial and invest himself on it. He may have stopped over on Vax and that's when the "Ati" persona became subsumed by the intent of Ruin. Thus the last thing he remembers is being on Vax. Or maybe Vax is the name of a shardholder with the planet being named after them, and who looks like Kelsier, or Elend or Vin and thus Ati mistook one of them for the person and not the planet.

I don't think we know if Ruin/Ati came directly from Yolen to made Scadrial and invest himself on it. He may have stopped over on Vax and that's when the "Ati" persona became subsumed by the intent of Ruin. Thus the last thing he remembers is being on Vax. Or maybe Vax is the name of a shardholder with the planet being named after them, and who looks like Kelsier, or Elend or Vin and thus Ati mistook one of them for the person and not the planet.

Vax is a planet?

Due to an sad event with snow, my backpack, and my copy of the Emperor's Soul I just ordered a new copy of The Emperor's Soul. I of course opted to have it personalized. We may well know more about Senna once my new copy comes in... then again my question was definitely RAFO-able so we'll see.

I thought it was devotion, and "seon" would come from senna. But I checked and we already know the name of devotion (aona). So it is most likely a new shardholder.

maybe cultivation? according to the coppermind, she's the only known shard of which we don't know the name.

Edited by king of nowhere

I thought it was devotion, and "seon" would come from senna. But I checked and we already know the name of devotion (aona). So it is most likely a new shardholder.

maybe cultivation? according to the coppermind, she's the only known shard of which we don't know the name.

I may have to check this to be sure, but wasn't there some implication that Senna was a lost love? In which case, most likely not a Shardholder.

• Chaos locked this topic