[BoM spoilers] Architecture elsewhere

ecohansen

Ahead stood a bunkerlike stone dwelling. Long and narrow, it reminded him of something— not something Wax knew, but a memory in the mind of the man storing this experience. A memory of something long ago that flickered in his consciousness, then was lost in a moment.

So, have we seen a long, narrow bunkerlike building that Kelsier would have seen but Wax would not have?  My first thought was the Lord Ruler's hut, but Wax saw that in Shadows of Self.  My second thought was something in Secret History, but

The only building I can think of is the Ire castle, and that is in no way similar to what's described

Similarly, nothing in the Eleventh Metal seemed to fit.

So, how about the guard hut at the Pits of Hathsin that Sazed visits in HoA?  Kelsier would probably have seen it when he was entering the Pits, and when he left.  That building was never described very thoroughly, but it seems like it might fit.

So, if that's the case, it could mean one of two things.  One (1), mining communities everywhere put particular constraints on architecture, so this could mean that Kelsier recognized the architecture of a mining town, and the Southerners already had a significant metal industry before he arrived (What were they using it for)?  It would make sense that mining communities could survive the longest, since they could make use of a bit of geothermal heat.

The second option (2), of course, is that it WAS the guard building at the Pits of Hathsin: Harmony moved the Pits to the South Pole, and the Southerners will have a monopoly on Atium when it re-emerges.

But I'm definitely not convinced that I've identified the right building.  Anybody else have any ideas on what the building might be?

Edited by ecohansen

Sazed didn't move the Pits because Wax climbed them to get out of the Kandra homeland in shadows of Self

he may not have reformed the land, but he could have moved the place where the power of Ruin leaked out again, where the crystals regrew. That said, your point is still valid, as if he didn' move the Pits themselves, why would he have moved the structures?

Oh, I like that Nahema--And welcome to the Shard!  The conventicle is definitely more likely than the guard hut.  So what would a conventicle in the south mean?

Can we figure out based on the maps how far New Seran is from "old" Seran?

• Chaos locked this topic