Khyrindor

Wrote a thing for school

13 posts in this topic

It couldn’t be… Could it? The mist felt wet and cool on my face, leaving small droplets of condensation on my cheeks and nose. The sky was an endless abyss of twisting and churning mist, something familiar, but unwitnessed. Oh how I had wished for this moment, every hour of reading. Was this a dream, or was I really on Scadrial, a world of Brandon Sanderson’s imagination?

Hesitantly, I took a step forward, and my foot dragged through a coating of black ash on the ground. So this was the era of the Lord Ruler, the Final Empire. It certainly felt real… I looked around, but it was night, and the mists were out. I could only see a few feet in each direction.

Suddenly, I felt very afraid, standing in the twisting sea of darkness. Who knew where I was? It could be miles to the closest city, and all I had were the clothes on my back and… What was that in my pocket?

A few coins, boxings by the look of them, a small vial of metal flakes in a solution, and a note. Khyrindor, it read, we need your help. Meet us at Pewter gate, Luthadel for further instructions. Oh, by the way, you are now a Mistborn. It was signed “The Seventeenth Shard.”

Someone had done this to me, and I needed to know why. What did they want with me? Should it matter? I had been wishing for this for years! But, nonetheless, I was afraid, alone in the darkness and the mist.

The Seventeenth Shard…they said I was a Mistborn, and they apparently needed my help. They were obviously the ones who did this to me, so finding them would be the first step. Whether or not I decided to help them, or ask them to bring me home, I would need to start at Pewter gate.

I looked down at the small vial of metal flakes. Mistborn… I raised the vial to my lips. Let’s do this.

It tasted worse than I’d imagined. I urgently sought out my tin reserves, the metal that would enhance my senses and pierce the mists. As I burned it, a warmth flooded my chest, and suddenly I could very acutely feel everything around me. from the cold air to the very grains in my t-shirt. The mists seemed… less some- how. They were still there, but I could see through them. There were stars in the sky, a stretch of bright red ones that I doubted most people ever saw. The mists made many people uncomfortable, as I knew from reading Mistborn, so no one ever came out at night, except allomancers, people who can ingest metals like tin and burn them for power.

If I burned my tin harder, Flaring, as it was called in the books, I could just make something out… A light, in the distance. Wavering torch light, reflecting brightly against the mists around it.

I lessened my tin, as the cold was starting to bother me, and started toward the light, hoping I would be lucky enough to find an outskirt town and not a koloss camp. Untrained in allomancy as I was, I doubted I could fight them on my own with just a few coins.

I started burning Pewter as well, as it helped with the cold, making me more resistant to pain. Also, it would do well if there were any surprises, as it enhanced my strength and balance, in addition to the resistance to pain. Pewter and tin went nicely together.

Suddenly, I realized what I was wearing, and gave myself a mental kick. A bright blue hoodie and jeans. I smeared some ash on them so I would blend into the night. If there was trouble ahead, I would want to fit in, rather than wear a big sign saying “Hey, look at me!”

As I was getting close to the light, I again kicked myself. I should have been burning copper! Copper would hide my allomancy from seekers, people who could burn bronze to sense nearby allomancy. I felt a the copper cloud go up around me. If there were Inquisitors around though, the Hemalurgic minions of the Lord Ruler, they would be able to pierce the copper cloud. This could get dangerous. Why did the Seventeenth Shard involve me in this? Only one way to find out.

I stepped into the light.

To Be Continued

So, tell me what you think? Just wrote this in the last little while. Pretty rough draft. Thanks for reading.

Wow! Good job.

Um.... Thats a cliffhanger at the end.

Tis  :D  And thank you  :)

I have no idea where I want to go with this. Who knows, It might end up spanning several worlds.  ;)

Edited by Khyrindor

Ugh.... please don't write. it was fantastic and amazing and cool and made my dreams come true but ended with a cliffhanger! cruel world..

:)

Man, I forgot about this... Maybe I'll find some time to delve into this in the spring/summer. Sorry to all who I've left on a cliffhanger :P that was cruel of me.

You just greatly increased my desire to write fan-fic.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:07 PM, Tesh said:

You just greatly increased my desire to write fan-fic.

Same here.

Don't forget this, please. :lol:

This is art. You should totally continue.