[Bands Spoilers] Definitely a member of this site

AndrewStirlingMacDonald

Not Galladon and Demoux's 17th Shard, ours. Like, this website. As in, Wax is Brandon, the New Seran party was Every Book Signing Ever, and Khriss was me, and probably you, and a bunch of other 17thers.

As soon as Khriss started walking away, I could sense a thousand 17thers crying out for her to come back and ask more pertinent questions about investiture.

Apologies. I had thought it would fly since Khriss' writings appear in all of the full novels (at least with the advent of the Elantris 10th anniversary edition).

EDIT: to be clear, not being snarky here. Just wanted to explain that I did think it through, wasn't just accidentally messing up. I can definitely see how this could come across as too spoilery though.

Edited by AndrewStirlingMacDonald

And like a good Sharder, she contibuted her own bit, too, letting us know that twinborn are rare enough that Wax's specific combination has only been recorded three times. If Crashers are typical in that regard, that means we would expect there to have been less than 800 twinborn in the Basin's recorded history. That's pretty rare given how large their society would need to be to start supporting the sort of advances Elendel is showing.

That's a good point. And made further interesting by the cast number of possible combinations of twinborn. It's completely possible - likely, even - that there are combinations that have yet to ever be realized. Some of which could have VERY interesting "bonuses."

Also makes it all the more impressive how many Twinborn Wax has killed. At least two that I can think of.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good point. And made further interesting by the cast number of possible combinations of twinborn. It's completely possible - likely, even - that there are combinations that have yet to ever be realized. Some of which could have VERY interesting "bonuses."

Also makes it all the more impressive how many Twinborn Wax has killed. At least two that I can think of.

I'm probably bring stupid, but I can't think of the second twinborn he killed, I can only think of Miles. Who is it?

• Chaos locked this topic