Massive Hemalurgic Spike

Palladia

Is it definitely the case that hemalurgy can only be used on animals/people?

What would stealing an entire world's spiritual signature look like? Would it change the type of magic there

For example, as a thought experiment: If a huge spaceship fired a hemalurgic spike through Roshar and into Scadrial, would it change Scadrial's spiritual signature?

Is it definitely the case that hemalurgy can only be used on animals/people?

What would stealing an entire world's spiritual signature look like? Would it change the type of magic there

For example, as a thought experiment: If a huge spaceship fired a hemalurgic spike through Roshar and into Scadrial, would it change Scadrial's spiritual signature?

Well the clues in the name, Hemalurgy generally requires blood. Other than that you'd need to hit a bind point which planets probably don't have and if you did pull that off you'd probably just blow up both planets with the force of the missile :P

Well the clues in the name, Hemalurgy generally requires blood. Other than that you'd need to hit a bind point which planets probably don't have and if you did pull that off you'd probably just blow up both planets with the force of the missile :P

Right, so even if Hemalurgy doesn't work, if some other method of stealing Identity were used, what would be on a world's spiritual signature? Are the methods of Investiture granted by the Shard of that world part of the world's Identity? 

Hemalurgy seems to be quite closely linked to individual life forms. I doubt it would work on a planet, and trying might knock the planet out of orbit and into the sun...

However... I don't know much of this since the emperor's soul is the only cosmere book I haven't read yet. But I bet you might be able to forge the planet's identity.

I suspect this would involve using investiture to change the planet's identity. Doing such might even alter what magic systems are present on the planet (evidence for this is the change in Aons that occurred in Elantris).

Mind you, it would require somebody very, very powerful to magically alter a planet's identity. Either a shard actively trying to tamper with a planet's identity, or perhaps even a certain worldhopper we know who has been gathering magical powers from different worlds to become quite powerful...

I wonder if massively influential ideas, like a huge religion or some other big aspect of culture, could impact a planet's overall identity significantly. Would a large enough change in a world's culture actually alter how investiture works slightly...?

• Chaos locked this topic