Brandon Sanderson

Mistborn: Secret History Continuity Notes

19 posts in this topic

Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering about the timing of Hoid's visit to the Well.

... and frost leading to the Well...

Is this another cameo?  Is Brandon trying to tell us something more about this enigmatic character?  What more is hidden in this post!?

Just kidding.  Thanks for the story, it was an absolute delight to read.

Thanks for coming here and posting this info Brandon! I am always intrigued to learn more about this type of continuity work. It adds a lot of depth to the original story without changing it.

I did get a bit confused by Hoid arriving at the Well :P

Good to know that it was planned. Although now I really want to know what he was up to in Terris when all the action was happening in Luthadel.  :blink:

I don't post around these parts often, but on the off chance Brandon is reading some posts, I have to say that this novella was such a wonderful surprise, and I think it is my favorite piece that he has written. So, thank you kindly for this beautiful and haunting work.

Please note: This post does NOT mean that Brandon is sticking around to answer questions. Sharders' questions are just too good, and he risks giving too much away if he answers. So he's avoiding that for now. :)

This book answered so many questions anyway that I think he's probably earned a break! :)

I did get a bit confused by Hoid arriving at the Well :P

Good to know that it was planned. Although now I really want to know what he was up to in Terris when all the action was happening in Luthadel.  :blink:

Possibly hacking feruchemy, providing he didn't have it before :P

This book has left me so satisfied. Thank you again Brandon and I can't wait to see how crazy it gets next.

Thanks Brandon. But most importantly, thanks for that scene with Vin.

This book answered so many questions anyway that I think he's probably earned a break! :)

And a long one, too. With the intimate understanding of Cognitive physics we've received from this book, he should be exempt from Cosmere questions for at least 6 months.

So we ask questions about Calamity for now?

Not having footprints in the snow was solved by having them in the dust in Kredik Shaw, though, weren't they?

I'm wondering what could have called his attention away from Scadrial?  Spring Cleaning his hideout?  

So we ask questions about Calamity for now?

Wait, I thought we were giving him a break from Cosmere questions!

/ducks

//runs

Wait, I thought we were giving him a break from Cosmere questions!

/ducks

//runs

We are. Reckoners isn't Cosmere... :D

We are. Reckoners isn't Cosmere... :D

Vineyarddawg is ducking and running because he's daring to suggest that Calamity Earth is part of the Cosmere.

I know. I was continuing the joke...