The end [Bands Spoilers]

Curious Anamaximder

While I am almost certain you are right here, it's not guaranteed. In particular, it could have been a kandra imposter - the bones are known to have been owned by tensoon. I find that highly unlikely, but it's possible.

Another thing that isn't guaranteed is that he's still back. We have a coppermind that shows him, but it's 300 years old. We don't know if he's still here.

All that said, I believe that you're right. I think he's back, not just in the past but still present. It fits the foreshadowing, it fits the coppermind, it fits what we know about kelsier being unwilling to move on, it fits what we know about Harmony's ability to bring people back. And I want to see the survivor of hathsin talk to his brother again.

While I am almost certain you are right here, it's not guaranteed. In particular, it could have been a kandra imposter - the bones are known to have been owned by tensoon. I find that highly unlikely, but it's possible.

Another thing that isn't guaranteed is that he's still back. We have a coppermind that shows him, but it's 300 years old. We don't know if he's still here.

All that said, I believe that you're right. I think he's back, not just in the past but still present. It fits the foreshadowing, it fits the coppermind, it fits what we know about kelsier being unwilling to move on, it fits what we know about Harmony's ability to bring people back. And I want to see the survivor of hathsin talk to his brother again.

Yes. I very much hope that this was a recent memory, and it is not a kandra.

How did he get to Southern Scadrial?

Edited by Anamaximder

I am of the opinion that the One-Eye Spike Man (that name gets more awful every time I type it - sorry!) is actually Spook. IIRC, in HoA Spook's arms were scarred in a similar manner to Kelsier. Add to that the info we got from Steris in BoM about Spook living an unnaturally long time combined with the info that Spook was very interested in Hemalurgy leads me to believe that we did not see Kelsier in the flashback but rather that we saw Spook.

See: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/52556-bands-spoiler-identity-of-the-one-eye-spike-man/

Edited by CaptainRyan

I am of the opinion that the One-Eye Spike Man (that name gets more awful every time I type it - sorry!) is actually Spook. IIRC, in HoA Spook's arms were scarred in a similar manner to Kelsier. Add to that the info we got from Steris in BoM about Spook living an unnaturally long time combined with the info that Spook was very interested in Hemalurgy leads me to believe that we did not see Kelsier in the flashback but rather that we saw Spook.

See: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/52556-bands-spoiler-identity-of-the-one-eye-spike-man/

Interesting thought, but does the timing work out? We know that Spook ruled in Elendel for a pretty long time, either A) until he was 100 or B) after 100 years of rule. I got the impression that the Sovereign went to Southern Scadrial give or take 30 years after HoA. Spook's movements during that time seem pretty firmly in Northern Scadrial.

Interesting thought, but does the timing work out? We know that Spook ruled in Elendel for a pretty long time, either A) until he was 100 or B) after 100 years of rule. I got the impression that the Sovereign went to Southern Scadrial give or take 30 years after HoA. Spook's movements during that time seem pretty firmly in Northern Scadrial.

I noticed that you responded similarly in the theory thread I started so I will refrain from engaging you in the same conversation twice haha. I will relink to the other thread and, if anyone is interesting in continuing the discussion of Spook as the Survivor then please stop on by! 

Please use the topic tags as stated in the spoiler policy news post.

I also find the topic title inherently spoilery. If you think Kelsier is back, maybe using Kelsier's catchphrase is a spoiler, hey? This is the one warning I will give.

No worries. I just... should I make this more obvious? It's very important given the nature of this that we get it right.

Also, I'll probably merge these topics together with the other topic about this pretty soon.

• Chaos locked this topic