Stored Breath

Oudeis

If I have 50 Breaths, store them in a shawl, then get 50 more Breaths, can I add them to the shawl directly? Or would I have to withdraw the old 50, mix them in my body, and add them again?

If I'm storing Breath in a shawl, can someone else also store breath in the same shawl? Could you Awaken a shawl that has stored Breath? Can you store in a shawl someone else had Awakened? Could I store in a shawl I had Awakened?

I think there is reason to assume that you could store Breath in a Shawl where someone else has stores Breath, much in the same way that a Feruchemist can use someone else's metalmind. The Investiture would be stored in separate parts of the object without really interacting at all.

I am not sure how this would work if one of them (or both!) tried to Awaken it as well.

I think there is reason to assume that you could store Breath in a Shawl where someone else has stores Breath, much in the same way that a Feruchemist can use someone else's metalmind. The Investiture would be stored in separate parts of the object without really interacting at all.

I am not sure how this would work if one of them (or both!) tried to Awaken it as well.

I think you got that backwards. When Vin burns Saze' s Pewter, he remarks that: the power is there but distant and inaccessible? That is how another Keeper's Metal-Minds feel to us. (Paraphrase) so, no o would say they cannot access other Feruchemist MM.

In that same line of thought...

If I have 50 Breaths, store them in a shawl, then get 50 more Breaths, can I add them to the shawl directly? Or would I have to withdraw the old 50, mix them in my body, and add them again?

If I'm storing Breath in a shawl, can someone else also store breath in the same shawl? Could you Awaken a shawl that has stored Breath? Can you store in a shawl someone else had Awakened? Could I store in a shawl I had Awakened?

If I recall you can't store breath in an object that has been Awakened. Since sitting Breath is basically the same as giving a failed Command, I don't believe you can store more Breath prior to removing the existing Breath first.

I think you got that backwards. When Vin burns Saze' s Pewter, he remarks that: the power is there but distant and inaccessible? That is how another Keeper's Metal-Minds feel to us. (Paraphrase) so, no o would say they cannot access other Feruchemist MM.

In that same line of thought...

Vin is an Allomancer, not a Feruchemist. She can neither store, nor access, any feruchemically stored attribute. Two feruchemists, on the other hand, can store their own attributes in the same metalmind:

ReaderAt2046

Can a Feruchemist store an attribute in a metalmind that someone else has already stored in and if so, do the charges affect each other in any way?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, but the charges are just stored in separate pieces of the metal, and don't really influence one another.

<source>

Edited by Aether

Vin is an Allomancer, not a Feruchemist. She can neither store, nor access, any feruchemically stored attribute. Two feruchemists, on the other hand, can store their own attributes in the same metalmind:

Pardon, I hadn't read that WoB; but that is irrelevant. I read that sentence as accessing another Feruchemists stored attributes. My misunderstanding.

Do you have a quote for this?

I don't, it's from memory and my Warbreaker is in storage...

I want to say it was Vasher explaining something to Vivenna, but I could be mistaken.

My take on this (based on not having Warbreaker in months, mind you) was that once you put Breathes in an object they, basically, become it's.

So if I have 50 breathes and store them in a shawl;

And You have 50 breathes and store them in a shawl;

It's not a case of "there is a shawl with 50 breathes from two different people in it". It's a shawl with 100 Breathes, and it's open season for anyone who wants to take the Breathes out of it, or Awaken it, or whatever; I don't have any control over (or, I suppose, legal right to) the shawl once I put my Breathes in it.

My take on this (based on not having Warbreaker in months, mind you) was that once you put Breathes in an object they, basically, become it's.

, and it's open season for anyone who wants to take the Breathes out of it, or Awaken it, or whatever; I don't have any control over (or, I suppose, legal right to) the shawl once I put my Breathes in it.

He set the shawl on the table beside her.

"You're giving it back to me?" she asked.

He shrugged. "If there really is Breath stored in it, I can't get to it. Only you can."

I think that only you can take the Breath from anything you've Awakened or stored Breath in.

• Chaos locked this topic