Mistborn: Secret History novella out tonight

masaru

Well, Brandon has let the cat out of the bag, so I will let this topic stay up. Sorry for those who noticed this. Brandon wanted this a secret so we have been hiding some topics in the past 24 hours that noticed it was on Amazon.

There will be a separate subforum for this novella. We will be very strict about spoilers on this outside of said subforum.

Brandon is rather nonchalant, but as you will see in the Preface of this, you should not read this until you read Bands. And I really, really mean that. The subforum on this will say "DO NOT READ BEFORE BANDS." If you do... Well. We warned you. And the novella warned you...

This novella was also mentioned in the ending Amazon accidentally uploaded as the preview of bands of mourning. (I myself didn't read that ending, but did read the bit about a new novella coming out). I just find it funny Amazon managed to reveal this book's existence early not once, but twice.

It is not available yet from the iTunes Store. This displeases me.

I spoke to firstRainbowRose via PM shortly after I spotted that Reddit had found the postscript of BoM and the mention of the novella inside it, and she advised me that the staff were discouraging discussions of the novella so that Brandon could spring it on us. I 'd really like to know if Brandon was always going to spring it on us the day before or if he changed his plans after Amazon screwed up.

It is not available yet from the iTunes Store. This displeases me.

I spoke to firstRainbowRose via PM shortly after I spotted that Reddit had found the postscript of BoM and the mention of the novella inside it, and she advised me that the staff were discouraging discussions of the novella so that Brandon could spring it on us. I 'd really like to know if Brandon was always going to spring it on us the day before or if he changed his plans after Amazon screwed up.

As the Reddit thread stated, he wanted it on the same day as Bands. That had been 17S's plan to quiet it down. But you guys were persistent! We hid many, many topics revealing the info.

My apologies for the minor censorship. I promise, we only will censor something of this caliber and only if Team Sanderson wants it secret. As you will see, this is a very special thing and an unusual scenario.

On the other hand, of course Brandon wrote a secret project. Who is honestly surprised?

As the Reddit thread stated, he wanted it on the same day as Bands. That had been 17S's plan to quiet it down. But you guys were persistent! We hid many, many topics revealing the info.

I didn't notice that until I read Peter's posts on Reddit. Now it makes perfect sense why it isn't available from iTunes. Now I am merely annoyed instead of displeased...

My apologies for the minor censorship. I promise, we only will censor something of this caliber and only if Team Sanderson wants it secret. As you will see, this is a very special thing and an unusual scenario.

That was why I PM'd firstRainbowRose, because I didn't want to get tossed in the sin bin by the staff.

On the other hand, of course Brandon wrote a secret project. Who is honestly surprised?

I am so unsurprised that I'm surprised! I'm just waiting for the next unexpected novella to show up and for the latest round of "STOP DOING THAT" from Inkthinker on Reddit...

Expected that I'm surprised cause I've been a little clueless about the Shard over past few months...not one...but TWO new cosmere works...Preservation's wings I think I've just ascended to Shardhood. Kalak's nails, this is too much...I think I need a lie down

It is coming out tomorrow, not in February, as listed on the Amazon page. If you pre-ordered it, it should appear for download later tonight.

Sadly, Amazon is still showing it as a February release even now, and is not yet offering it for download. Too bad Google Play Books doesn't seem to have it. Oh well.

Sadly, Amazon is still showing it as a February release even now, and is not yet offering it for download. Too bad Google Play Books doesn't seem to have it. Oh well.

This,

Much sadz :\ I guess it makes the wait for bands here that much more agonising yet joyful as I can read one after the other

Why does Amazon mess everything up? Seriously? 

I was so excited when I got to the end of Bands of Mourning and learned about this (thankfully, it hadn't been spoiled by Amazon) but instead of being available, as Brandon intended, I have to wait until the 30th?

They really need to get it together.