Why is everyone so ready to be aggressive and accuse STINK? I mean I have my suspicions already, but I want to save them for later on in the game. I don't want to cause an unwarranted attack just to progress the conversation. It is difficult to pose a worthy defense, let alone an offensive, when nothing is known by anyone. If we need to make an example, then I would like it to be a player who has been proven to be a false ally. That does not mean it is necessary for them to be an eliminator, but simply ready to let us down. As I understand it, to be trustworthy is everything in this game. I do not mean to put a negative spin on day-1 lynches, simply put my opinion into light.

Now that that is out of the way, I want to say that I don't think that I will vote today. I agree that day-1 lynches can give useful information, but I don't like doing them myself. I prefer to watch others and collect information from everybody instead of just a few, which is what would happen if I went searching for information by myself. I realize that without the votes or the pressure on D1, there would be no base for later suspicions. I also realize that you guys are always going to vote and lynch people on D1 no matter what, so I am going to just gather my suspicions from you.

Now I want to clear something up. The paragraph above is simply a method of saying my code and does not actually reflect my thoughts. I will try to put all 27 of the false codes and my 1 real code into a paragraph like this twice per cycle, maybe once per day, but if I do not have the time, then I will simply put up a list of those 28 words and call it a day. I asked the GM's and they said that I can do this. Ideally, I would like to incorporate those codes into my normal posts, but I doubt that I will have the time.

Just to make it simple, if there is a line after the first paragraph of my post, then my that is a code carrier paragraph. If I decide to do some RP in this game, then I will label it saying RP.

EDIT: Hellscythe how did you get that keyword density thing?

Well, I doubt your code will get guessed correctly but good luck on convincing someone to guess at all. I think it might be a bit beyond me to decipher which of the 28 random potential codes is the right one. Especially since you could just not even put the actual code in the coded paragraph.  <_<

I have changed my mind because it hasn't ever worked. A D1 or C1 lynch will almost never get an Eliminator because their compatriots can deflect attention. Feel free to lynch me though, since it will at least give you some information.

So you no longer believe that C1 lynches are worth it then? Was it only the lack of success that made you change your mind (that is expected after all) or is it something other than that? 

First of the Twilight crept from her home, carved into the base of a hollowed-out tree. She’d had to chase away a nest of palden snakes first, but it was worth it to have the relative safety of a hidden home that was also fairly comfortable and difficult to attack. While she could never really relax on Amaji (or any other island, for that matter), in her little home she felt like the threat of death was a little less pressing.

She carefully replaced the covering of bark that hid her home and looked around the clearing. It was already near night, but that was okay. She felt the back of her neck, and tucked into her hood was her littlest Aviar, Imi. She’d never seen another like him, so small he could fit into her hand. Or her hood, as it happened. He was her special secret, the Aviar who gave her night vision so she could explore while most were sleeping. Other trappers couldn’t move about during the night, because the jungle was unquestionably deadly when you couldn’t see where you were going.

She didn’t have any particular destination in mind that night. She simply walked in ever-increasing circles around her home, looking for any changes since she’d last come. She noted a set of fresh human tracks, dangerously close to her tree. She frowned, but continued on her way for the moment. They hadn’t come near enough to trigger any traps, so she supposed it didn’t matter if she was careful.

As she neared the outskirts of her territory, First of the Twilight slowed. She didn’t dare close her eyes, but she listened very carefully. At the very edge of her hearing, she thought she could hear the sound of voices. Voices, on Amaji! What was the world coming to?

With reluctance, she turned away and finished her circuit of the area. She desperately wanted to know who was talking, and why, but it was far too dangerous. If whoever it was wanted to ignore the threat of death by being torn apart by a ravening animal, that was fine. She didn’t have to endanger herself just to satisfy her curiosity.

The night was drawing on towards day, and First of the Twilight sighed, then went to check her traps.

There’s been a lot of discussion about code words and Aviar, which is nice, but not actually very useful in catching the Eliminators. Both sides have Aviar, and while you might be taking a Traitor’s Aviar away, you might also be taking away the Aviar of a Villager who has recently received information that they can no longer act upon because they have no Aviar, or whatever.

With that said, I suppose there isn’t an enormous amount to discuss otherwise.

GMs, how many vote changes do Influential players have? What about Patji kills?

Well, I'm not going to vote for anyone because I think we're nowhere near good enough to catch an Eliminator C1.

Other people have said this, obviously, but even within my short time playing I’ve seen two D1 eliminator lynches. So of course we can catch one. Will we? Probably not, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.

Kynedath, you do realize that’s somewhat illogical? You think D1 lynches are important, but you won’t vote. You just let everyone else vote for you. Imagine what would happen if everyone followed that logic. And really, it removes your voice from the conversation for the beginning of the game, when every voice is important. Why not vote now, or at least state your suspicions? You have less information, yes, I know, but so does literally everyone else (except the Eliminators, obviously), and you’ve already said you have some suspicions. Maybe they’re not very strong, but neither are anyone else’s.

My vote will come off you if you vote (even if it’s for me), or if I find a stronger suspicion.

I do have a few possibly incendiary (see what I did there?) thoughts on the codes. Personally, I think a lot of the fun of the code mechanic is sucked out if we do something like a few players have done; make a paragraph with 28 different words. The actual idea behind the mechanic is to inject fun, if you will, so this paragraph to completely obscure the word really takes a large portion of the fun out of the mechanic for me. If everyone did that, nobody would ever guess a code word, and the mechanic would be entirely ruined.

With that said, guess who happens have the most at stake, with the possibility of losing Aviar? Eliminators. With that in mind, and considering the commentary you guys have said, I'm voting for theSilverDragon, as the first to try to skip around the code requirement by deliberately confusing his words.

You know, I am ready to admit that simply because having a trustworthy ally has been proven necessary yet difficult in the game that I died in, I can save them with a false defense. If I were to cause an aggressive yet trustworthy conversation, then my attack would be false and it would slow the progress of suspicions. If we could all just understand that we could warrant an example from a known opinion, we could all light the downwards dark spin of the action to accuse. If I were to pose a question, would you understand me or go on the offensive?

Kynedath, you do realize that’s somewhat illogical? You think D1 lynches are important, but you won’t vote. You just let everyone else vote for you. Imagine what would happen if everyone followed that logic. And really, it removes your voice from the conversation for the beginning of the game, when every voice is important. Why not vote now, or at least state your suspicions? You have less information, yes, I know, but so does literally everyone else (except the Eliminators, obviously), and you’ve already said you have some suspicions. Maybe they’re not very strong, but neither are anyone else’s.
My vote will come off you if you vote (even if it’s for me), or if I find a stronger suspicion.

I generally don't participate in day-1 lynches because I don't feel like people should lynch without proof. The only reason I am agreeing that day-1 lynches are important is because everyone else is going to lynch someone anyways. There is nothing that I can do to stop it. So I make the best of it and gather information.

Edited by Kynedath

Some thoughts about the situation here:

We have a discussion here about D1 lynches (again). This has probably been discussed at least every other game, and the majority consensus is that it is very helpful. With that said, I feel like experienced players like Phatt should know that D1 lynches give us a lot of information, which makes me suspicious when they argue against it.

Also, we should also focus on discussing things first, then stealing Aviar. (It should be noted that the more posts you have and the longer these posts are, the easier it will be to hide your code words. So discuss away!) But if we talk only to disguise our code words, we won't be able to catch the eliminators.

@ Hellscythe: why are you publicly posting your guesses of people's code words? It seems like an easy way to drag the conversation away from finding eliminators and towards Aviar-stealing, and it also increases your competition.

GM's: if two people simultaneously guess another person's code, is the aviar split evenly, or is it the person who posts it in the PM first who gets all of it? Or is there another answer?

I'll check, but I think that when you guess someone's code, you get only one of their aviar.

Edit: never mind, I was thinking of the aviar you get from lynching someone. Carry on.

Edited by Paranoid King

PK, you did answer my previous query so my votes coming off of you for now. 

Personally, I am a proponent of C1 lynches and probably always will be. For now I'll vote for SilverDragon, at random.

Well, I'm going to just say that probably always games will have a mislynch D1, and that isn't a bad thing. As mentioned above, for now it's the discussion, not the kill, that matters.

Shallan, while I do agree with your C1 lynch sentiment I don't exactly see how this is promoting discussion with a single poke vote that you never even follow up on. As you say it is the discussion not the kill that matters so shouldn't you be voting to try and get the discussion flowing?

Also GMs, clarifications on Mind shield please. It says in the OP that they prevent people from acting or being acted upon. Does that mean it protects from attacks as well? From Aviar theft? If so then I will have to disagree with Luckats post here. I would definitely recommend villager use of mind force if it is protective.

EDIT: Spelling errors and maybe I'm sticking my code in white text somewhere?

Edited by Clanky

Also GMs, clarifications on Mind shield please. It says in the OP that they prevent people from acting or being acted upon. Does that mean it protects from attacks as well? From Aviar theft? If so then I will have to disagree with Luckats post here. I would definitely recommend villager use of mind force if it is protective.

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself well there. I've been a bit distracted. Lumping Beautiful and Mind Force together was probably a mistake. Beautiful certainly shouldn't be used this early. Mind Force, on the other hand, wouldn't be completely unreasonable to use at this point, but I still think using it now would be premature.

It isn't as simple as protection. With protection like Death Sight, there is no drawback to using the power. It isn't very likely to succeed, especially the first cycle, but it won't do any harm if used. Mind Force, on the other hand, blocks all actions. (I doubt it does anything about Aviar theft, since that doesn't count as an action.) It is much more likely to prevent Trappers from gathering information through Power Sensing, Observant, or Messenger Aviar, or stop a Death Sight Aviar from acting, than prevent a kill. It also has the potential to mess with the lynch if whoever is using it doesn't pay attention. If how I think it works is correct, it also doesn't allow information about the Traders' target to get through if it does prevent the kill. (Preventing a kill would be wonderful, but it would be more informative with Death Sight than with Mind Force.) And if there is no kill, there's no telling whether it is because Mind Force blocked the killer, Mind Force stopped actions on the target, or the target was Hidden.

I'm not saying Mind Force definitely shouldn't be used. I'm just saying that if anyone means to use it, they should consider the potential consequences carefully. They should look at how the votes stand and remember that using it prevents both actions by and actions on their target (which could potentially be a lot). If they are lucky enough to stop a kill, they should keep in mind the possibilities for that and not just assume they found the killer. Cycle 1 is probably a bit too early to use it unless they have a good idea of who is a Trader or who will be attacked (which is usually hard to guess the first Cycle).

As for the C1 lynch discussion, I'm not necessarily in a hurry to kill, but it is important to have discussion and find links between players. This whole discussion has been had time and time again. Even if the lynch ultimately goes to a tie, it's better not to decide that too early unless there are a lot of other things to discuss that can give information about alignment (which there haven't been). Talking about whether to have a C1 lynch isn't useful discussion. (Then again, I'm not very good at the kind of discussion that is useful C1.)

Current Vote Tally:

Ada (1): Stink {1}

Stink (1): Maill {1}, Lopen {1}

Water (0): PK {1}

Arraenae (0): HS {1}

Elkanah (1): Arraenae {1}, Maill {2}

SilverDragon (2): Shallan {1}, Water {1}

Phatt (2): PK {2}, Arraenae {2}

PK (0): Clanky {1}

Maill (1): Luckat {1}

Kynedath (1): Elby {1}

Shallan (1): Clanky {2}

And sorted with only active votes:

SilverDragon (2): Shallan, Water

Phatt (2): PK, Arraenae

Ada (1): Stink

Stink (1): Lopen

Elkanah (1): Maill

Maill (1): Luckat

Kynedath (1): Elby

Shallan (1): Clanky

Since Maill hasn't responded to my vote, I'll leave it there.

Well, if you paid attention, Stink, I alréady told y'all what my special code word is. :P Don't ruin it for the others though, if you please. I'd like to hope that everyone else would be wise and not a fool and keep it to themselves through the honor system. Honor. White. White. Fool. Honor. Wise. Hoid. Stinky. Hold. Hope. Winter.

We're definitely lynching someone today though. Day 1 lynches help us too much.

I almost want to try it, just to see if you're actually telling the truth. 'Cause that would be really funny. But alas, I'd rather keep ALL of my Aviar.  ;)

Didn't Lopen just die to a D1 lynch as an evil like 2-3 games ago?

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how much skill and discussion came into play for that lynch. But still, it wouldn't have happened if all the players were like "I'm just not gonna vote." Absolutely nothing gets done if there's no voting going on.

So far, Mailliw, STINK, phattemer, Ripple, Elbereth and Water are the ones I have my eye on.

Mailliw- gut.

STINK- gut.

phattemer- doesn't want to participate in D1 lynching(and by extension, voting).

Ripple- gut.

Elbereth- gut

Water- because I don't really agree with his reasons for voting on SilverDragon. Wouldn't a villager be just as likely to want to protect their Aviar as eliminators?

Thank you luckat for the vote tally. I was just gonna do that! I think I'll actually switch my vote over to Mailliw. STINK

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself well there. I've been a bit distracted. Lumping Beautiful and Mind Force together was probably a mistake. Beautiful certainly shouldn't be used this early. Mind Force, on the other hand, wouldn't be completely unreasonable to use at this point, but I still think using it now would be premature.

It isn't as simple as protection. With protection like Death Sight, there is no drawback to using the power. It isn't very likely to succeed, especially the first cycle, but it won't do any harm if used. Mind Force, on the other hand, blocks all actions. (I doubt it does anything about Aviar theft, since that doesn't count as an action.) It is much more likely to prevent Trappers from gathering information through Power Sensing, Observant, or Messenger Aviar, or stop a Death Sight Aviar from acting, than prevent a kill. It also has the potential to mess with the lynch if whoever is using it doesn't pay attention. If how I think it works is correct, it also doesn't allow information about the Traders' target to get through if it does prevent the kill. (Preventing a kill would be wonderful, but it would be more informative with Death Sight than with Mind Force.) And if there is no kill, there's no telling whether it is because Mind Force blocked the killer, Mind Force stopped actions on the target, or the target was Hidden.

I'm not saying Mind Force definitely shouldn't be used. I'm just saying that if anyone means to use it, they should consider the potential consequences carefully. They should look at how the votes stand and remember that using it prevents both actions by and actions on their target (which could potentially be a lot). If they are lucky enough to stop a kill, they should keep in mind the possibilities for that and not just assume they found the killer. Cycle 1 is probably a bit too early to use it unless they have a good idea of who is a Trader or who will be attacked (which is usually hard to guess the first Cycle).

I suppose that that is fair, I still think that the benefit of getting someone else protected outweighs the potential loss of use for a few 

Aviar. If we had a role scanner in this game then sure it might be a bit risky but there aren't any super important roles that you can block with it. 

I almost want to try it, just to see if you're actually telling the truth. 'Cause that would be really funny. But alas, I'd rather keep ALL of my Aviar.  ;)

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how much skill and discussion came into play for that lynch. But still, it wouldn't have happened if all the players were like "I'm just not gonna vote." Absolutely nothing gets done if there's no voting going on.

So far, Mailliw, STINK, phattemer, Ripple, Elbereth and Water are the ones I have my eye on.

Mailliw- gut.

STINK- gut.

phattemer- doesn't want to participate in D1 lynching(and by extension, voting).

Ripple- gut.

Elbereth- gut

Water- because I don't really agree with his reasons for voting on SilverDragon. Wouldn't a villager be just as likely to want to protect their Aviar as eliminators?

Thank you luckat for the vote tally. I was just gonna do that! I think I'll actually switch my vote over to Mailliw. STINK

Actually, I don't think I've said much on the matter this game. To be honest, I'm pretty suspicious of you, Lopen, for jumping onto luckat's vote. I'm suspicious of Maill too, just that he doesn't seem to be responding, so lynching him isn't bringing any discussion.

Edit for vote retraction.

Edited by RippleGylf

GMs, how many vote changes do Influential players have? What about Patji kills?

PAFO

GM's: if two people simultaneously guess another person's code, is the aviar split evenly, or is it the person who posts it in the PM first who gets all of it? Or is there another answer?

They're split evenly between the two, with a die rolled if it's not an exact multiple.

I'm guessing you mean Mind Force? It stops all incoming and outgoing actions, including the Trader/Patji kills, giving Aviar, vote changes, and all Aviar. The only exception is the Hidden role, which takes precedence. The targeted player's vote doesn't count. Aviar movement from code guesses is not affected, so they can still gain and lose Aviar that way.

Sorry all. I've been pretty busy irl the last few days.

move forward

As for now, I'd say go ahead with the day one lynch. I don't have any solid suspicions. I will put my vote Shallan. I don't like the idea of lynching someone who's brand new and if the lynch goes crazy like it did in ag2, at least it could leave a tie and we can move forward with more information tomorrow than we have today.

Edited for color

Edited by Elkanah

Sorry all. I've been pretty busy irl the last few days.

move forward

As for now, I'd say go ahead with the day one lynch. I don't have any solid suspicions. I will put my vote on [Color=red]Shallan[/color]. I don't like the idea of lynching someone who's brand new and if the lynch goes crazy like it did in ag2, at least it could leave a tie and we can move forward with more information tomorrow than we have today.

You missed a bracket. 

Current Vote Tally*:

Stink (0): Maill {1}Lopen {1}
Water (0): PK {1}
Arraenae (0): HS {1}
Elkanah (0): Arraenae {1}Maill {2}
Phatt (3): PK {2}, Arraenae {2}, Maill{3}
PK (0): Clanky {1}
Maill (2): Luckat {1}, Lopen{2}
Shallan (2): Clanky {2}, Elkanah{1}

Lopen(1): Ripple{1}

*stolen from luckat.  :) 

Actually, I don't think I've said much on the matter this game. To be honest, I'm pretty suspicious of you, Lopen, for jumping onto luckat's vote. I'm suspicious of Maill too, just that he doesn't seem to be responding, so lynching him isn't bringing any discussion.

I'm not sure what your first sentence is referring to. Were you talking to me?  :huh:

What makes you say I was "jumping onto luckat's vote?" Often times multiple players are suspicious of the same player. That's how people get lynched.

As for the last part, that doesn't really make much sense. Because someone isn't responding to votes, we shouldn't lynch them? He's been active, he's seen the votes. Heck, he even voted on phatt to save himself, so we know he's paying attention. So why does him not responding allow him to get out of being lynched? Just because it isn't "bringing any discussion?" The truth is, my vote warranted you speaking up about him, so it has caused some small bit of discussion(really pretty small, but I believe all discussion is useful in some way). Actually, the person who is up for the lynch is usually what the discussion is about, not where it comes from. Though there usually is some sort of defense, but in this case, there isn't much of a defense Maill can list, since both of the votes against him are based on gut, rather than any specific post or evidence.

Who exactly is the "new player" up for the lynch? I've played with SilverDragon a few times before, so I wouldn't list him as a new player if that's who Maill and Elkanah are talking about. I might just be missing something.

I'm just gonna stick with my vote on Maill. I should probably get to sleep now. Just so you guys know, rollover is at 5am for me, so I'm not likely gonna be available much. (Though occasionally I might, I don't know.)

Current Vote Tally*:

Stink (0): Maill {1}Lopen {1}

Water (0): PK {1}

Arraenae (0): HS {1}

Elkanah (0): Arraenae {1}Maill {2}

Phatt (3): PK {2}, Arraenae {2}, Maill{3}

PK (0): Clanky {1}

Maill (2): Luckat {1}, Lopen{2}

Shallan (2): Clanky {2}, Elkanah{1}

Lopen(1): Ripple{1}

*stolen from luckat.  :) 

I'm not sure what your first sentence is referring to. Were you talking to me?  :huh:

What makes you say I was "jumping onto luckat's vote?" Often times multiple players are suspicious of the same player. That's how people get lynched.

As for the last part, that doesn't really make much sense. Because someone isn't responding to votes, we shouldn't lynch them? He's been active, he's seen the votes. Heck, he even voted on phatt to save himself, so we know he's paying attention. So why does him not responding allow him to get out of being lynched? Just because it isn't "bringing any discussion?" The truth is, my vote warranted you speaking up about him, so it has caused some small bit of discussion(really pretty small, but I believe all discussion is useful in some way). Actually, the person who is up for the lynch is usually what the discussion is about, not where it comes from. Though there usually is some sort of defense, but in this case, there isn't much of a defense Maill can list, since both of the votes against him are based on gut, rather than any specific post or evidence.

Who exactly is the "new player" up for the lynch? I've played with SilverDragon a few times before, so I wouldn't list him as a new player if that's who Maill and Elkanah are talking about. I might just be missing something.

I'm just gonna stick with my vote on Maill. I should probably get to sleep now. Just so you guys know, rollover is at 5am for me, so I'm not likely gonna be available much. (Though occasionally I might, I don't know.)

I misunderstood your post. Sorry, Lopen.

Ladies, gentleman. Sorry for my absence so far. Not going to lie but life's been a bit hectic lately. Can barely seem to find the time to sleep. Would love an unkeyed bronzemind right about now. Sadly that means I won't be able to fit in any analysis this cycle, though I should be able to tackle it soon and hopefully find a connection or two to help point us in the right direction.

At first I had considered abstaining from voting since I barely have a grasp of what's going on right now, however one thing that caught my attention was Kynedath's reason for not voting this cycle. A trend I've noticed recently is that a lot of times its villagers who spearhead D1 lynches on one another while eliminators actively hold themselves back so that they don't implicate themselves unnecessarily. Logic and the law of probability dictates that a reoccurring theme such as this would happening again, so I'm going to apply some pressure on him for admitting that he did not want to get involved despite knowing the importance of it. In my opinion, it seems more like he's trying to formulate an excuse to exonerate himself from acting shady.

Also, I'm not so fond of this overabundance of talk regarding Aviar, particularly Hellscythe's attempts at publicly cracking some codes (like mine, for example). That being said, he missed quite a few word repeats, either accidently or intentionally, which to me suggests that he is innocent because he either doesn't care enough to honestly figure it out or he's actively trying to mislead people into guessing wrong code words. I suppose he could do either from an eliminator's perspective as well, but I'm leaning more towards him being trustworthy this game. Not that I actually do trust him, mind you, just a thought that crossed my mind and I'd rather be open with the few things I have reasoned then hoard all my ideas to myself.

Phatt (3): PK, Arraenae, Mailliw

SilverDragon (2): Shallan, Water
Shallan (2): Clanky, Elkanah

Kynedath (2): Elbereth, Adavantos

Maill (1): Luckat, Lopen

Ada (1): Stink

Edited by Adavantos

For a while, Third of the Dawn had doubted her plan. Trappers were solitary. A chance meeting in the jungle would usually see them part ways without a single word. And she wanted them to confer as the councils did! What were they going to do, glare at each other?

As it turned out, there were not as many glares as she'd expected. Some of them did, eyes full of the animosity that unfamiliar situations could inspire. Others seemed more relaxed. Two seemed curious more than anything else.

Several minutes of silence passed. Then one raised his machete. "You," he said, voice oddly accented, "are with them."

His accused raised an eyebrow, but another voice sounded. "You move too fast. What do you know?"

And the hardest part was done. The group's conversation shifted back and forth between accusations of allegiance with the Northern Interests traders and the best traps to set at a safecamp. Really, it didn't matter what they said; the most important part was that the words were there at all.

Jay hissed at something outside her vision, and struck his beak against her shoulder. Dawn turned. "Ah. So you did come."

"It works better than I expected." Fourth of the Rain, her brother, looked back at the group. The crowd. "Look, they have made a decision."

One of the trappers had made a mistake, it seemed. The crowd had turned against him. He didn't argue, not any more, and didn't even look surprised when angry voices became machete blades. Dawn watched, horrified and fascinated. It was a quick death, of course. No sense letting an enemy throw you off balance when a brush with the wrong leaf could be fatal. But when the trappers searched his body, searching for a sign of the traders' influence, they found only his notebook.

Rain shrugged, apparently unsurprised. "Do you have a safecamp?"

Sun's book should show the way. "Yes."

-----

Axies (Phattemer) was lynched! He was a Regular Trapper! One of his Aviar was given to the first voter.

Phattemer (4): Paranoid King, Arraenae, Mailliw73, Elbereth
Adavantos (1): IrulelikeSTINK
Mailliw73 (2): luckat, TheMightyLopen
Shallan (2): Elkanah, Clanky
TheSilverDragon (2): Shallan, Water

gre_1454497200.png

Edited by Alvron

Just because I don't want to participate in a D1 lynch doesn't mean I won't. SilverDragon.

Sorry Silver if that gets you lynched, but I'm nowhere near self-sacrificing enough to allow myself to be killed C1. (I'll probably get killed because I said that. :P )

Somehow missed the turnover post. Oh well.

Edited by phattemer