Mailliw's said before that he'll deliberately do things that no eliminator in their right mind would try to do, so I don't think that should be a reason to clear him.

On the other hand, I think Stink was just being silly, and it was something that he would do as either an eliminator or as a villager.

Let's give a new word a try: spooky. OOOoooooOOOH.

Fair enough, that's why I said it was tentative. They are certainly not cleared, just that I have the feeling that they're not eliminators. 

Personally, I am a proponent of C1 lynches and probably always will be. For now I'll vote for SilverDragon, at random.

Yeah, us Day 1 "lynched by eliminators" need to stick together. I feel your pain!  ;) (Even though I was an eliminator....when an eliminator helped lynch me.  :o)

Not my code, sorry.

Thanks for getting us back on track, Hellscythe. I figure that's not something an eliminator would do, so I'm gonna cross you off of my suspicions list.

Well, Ada did the same thing in MR10. That seems like a small thing to cross someone off of your suspicions list.

Well, I'm not going to vote for anyone because I think we're nowhere near good enough to catch an Eliminator C1.

Actually, in most of my games, an eliminator has been really close to being lynched, or HAS been lynched on C1. You just gotta believe!

I'll drop a vote down on STINK. I have a gut feeling that you're evil.

Yeah, us Day 1 "lynched by eliminators" need to stick together. I feel your pain!  ;) (Even though I was an eliminator....when an eliminator helped lynch me.  :o)

levity

Sorry about that... didn't realize my soothing target would change votes to someone we would rather kill...  :ph34r: 

take a look

Not my code, sorry.
Thanks for getting us back on track, Hellscythe. I figure that's not something an eliminator would do, so I'm gonna cross you off of my suspicions list.

That's some pretty shoddy logic there PK. Traders can say logical things too, also Aviar stealing is a useful tactic to catch people in lies or something like if you steal a Beautiful Aviar from someone when there is a known trader with RB abilities out there. Honestly it just looks more like a way to easily make a teammate look like a trapper.

EDIT: Vote Colour

Edited by Clanky

The situation wasn’t nearly as bad as Noon had thought.

From what she’d overheard, she’d imagined that the trappers had witnessed Sal and Pepe attack Sun, wearing the uniform of the Northern Interests Trading Company, with an army of traders behind them and ready to colonize Amaji.

But that wasn’t what the trappers had actually been talking about. According to them, what had actually happened was that Sun had died.

Noon didn’t understand why they sounded so worried. A trapper was dead. So what? The islands of the Pantheon were dangerous places, even to those who called them home. Whoever had discovered Sun’s body must have overreacted. Noon gradually drifted away from the gathering and climbed a tree overlooking the gathering. Once she was high enough not to be seen, she sat down on a limb to listen to the conversation below.

Noon blinked and her cover personality dispersed. This was a prime opportunity for NeLaar to gather some information about trappers and how they interacted with each other, which was something that NeLaar needed to learn, fast. She closed her eyes and listened, thankful for her Blessing of Awareness that allowed her to have such keen hearing.

“I bet I could make your Aviar loyal to me,” a male voice boasted. His voice had overtones of covetous greed in it, mixed in with longing.

“As if you could, Avis,” a female voice scoffed. Unlike Avis, her voice bordered along the lines of wariness. “If you tried, you’d find all your Aviar missing.”

“I could make your Avair loyal,” Avis repeated. “But I wouldn’t waste my time on your Aviar, Gylfie. No, I want Sal’s bird. The one that lets him fly.”

The trappers let out appreciative sighs and NeLaar took a mental note that the trappers coveted each other’s Aviar.

“Do you know where he got it?” another voice asked.

“No,” Gylfie said. “But I’d certainly like to know where he got an Aviar like that. None of the birds here are have Talents remotely near what his has.”

So Sal’s Aviar wasn’t common, and all the trappers wanted an Aviar that let them fly. That was another thing to add to NeLaar’s pitifully small knowledge of Aviar: they were birds, they had powers, and they were only found on the Pantheon.

Another voice started talking and NeLaar continued eavesdropping. This was going to be a very helpful meeting for both her and her knowledge of First of the Sun.

It was nowhere near as dreary as Scadrial was in its anteverdant days.

You hating on my home planet?  <_<

Sounds good to me. I'll edit my previous posts.

That sounds like a challenge. An.... ostentatious challenge. ^.o *wink* *double wink* *winks my with my third eye*

How many eyes do you have?  :blink:

Well, I'm not going to vote for anyone because I think we're nowhere near good enough to catch an Eliminator C1.

Phatt, there's a big hole in your logic. In LG15b, you voted for Shallan D1. In LG16, you voted for Stink D1. Now in MR11, you're abstaining. Care to explain this sudden change of behavior?

First of the Star walked through the dark jungle, the faint light of the moon filtering through the mesh of canopy overhead. Star kept a sharp eye out for, well anything. Nothing was safe here in the jungle, though that was kind of the point. Star had come to the island to test herself, to prove to her parents that she was strong enough to do what she wanted. Looking back on her decision to come here, Star realized her mistake. This wasn't some place you came to prove yourself, it was a hell that you were lucky to survive. 

Memory

Even though it was a terrible place, Star loved it here. In the tight embrace of the thick canopy overhead, she felt as if she could be herself. Someone who her parents had tried really hard to squash, and almost succeeded. For years her parents had tried to crush her rebellious, free lived spirit, trying to make Star into the perfect obedient daughter. When Star wanted to be out in the deep blue see, splashing around with her three older brothers, she was instead inside, learning how to make bread or weave. Boring, monotonous work that her mother assured her that was vital.

Hope

Star spent then years like that, ever since she was eight, trying to live up to her parents expectations. On the night of her prearranged wedding day, Star decided she had had enough. She had carefully snuck out of the small hut she hand her family shared and had grabbed a small boat. Not thinking about what she was doing, she gently pushed the small craft out into the inky black ocean and set sail for anywhere but home.

Luck

A small prick from the sharp point of a tinny black thorn on a vine brought Star back to the presnet. Right, focus, she though, one mistep and it won't matter that I escaped that life because I'll be dead. 

YEAH!!!!!!! My first real RP post!! it is indeed cause for much celebration and festivities! Don't expect this much RP, this is special one time event because it is Saturday and I like to procrastinate things

Personally, I am a proponent of C1 lynches and probably always will be. For now I'll vote for SilverDragon, at random.

I'm guessing this is to draw me into the conversation right? Green everyone Yellow also black color purple white

C1 lynches can be both good and bad, so I really don't have an opinion on them so if it is your wish, go ahead and lynch someone, just please don't lynch me, I wan't to live!!!!!! 

Now for random word time: Anguish, color, future, fat, dishonest, hover, architect, mind, python, light, ivy, bent, mouse, pot, flower, table, music, lair, lay, lie, carry, touch, finger

Oh, forgot I needed to say all of those twice: Anguish, color, future, fat, dishonest, hover, architect, mind, python, light, ivy, bent, mouse, pot, flower, table, music, lair, lay, lie, carry, touch, finger

levity

Sorry about that... didn't realize my soothing target would change votes to someone we would rather kill...  :ph34r: 

Don't worry about it. It was all part of our Master Plan!  :ph34r: 

Vote tally!

Adavantos(1): STINK

STINK(1): Mailliw{1}, Lopen

Water(0): PK

Arraenae(0): Hellscythe

Elkanah(1): Arraenae{1}(didn't green this out? Fixed), Mailliw{2}

SilverDragon(1): Shallan

phattemer(2): PK, Arraenae{2}(not sure if this counts-it does now)

PK(1): Clanky

Edit: GM's! What's the policy for lynches? Does someone need 2 votes on them in order to be lynched? If the lynch is tied, what happens?

Edit2: Fixed vote tally with Arraenae's change.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

C1 lynches can be both good and bad, so I really don't have an opinion on them so if it is your wish, go ahead and lynch someone, just please don't lynch me, I wan't to live!!!!!! 

Now for random word time: Anguish, color, future, fat, dishonest, hover, architect, mind, python, light, ivy, bent, mouse, pot, flower, table, music, lair, lay, lie, carry, touch, finger

Oh, forgot I needed to say all of those twice: Anguish, color, future, fat, dishonest, hover, architect, mind, python, light, ivy, bent, mouse, pot, flower, table, music, lair, lay, lie, carry, touch, finger

I'm of the opinion that C1 lynches are always a good thing (Except maybe MR10 still not sure about that game) since you need something to happen to get the game started. Also GMs does your code need to be in two separate posts or can you just have it twice in one post? If that is a possibility then that will definitely change things. 

Edit: GM's! What's the policy for lynches? Does someone need 2 votes on them in order to be lynched? If the lynch is tied, what happens?

There is no minimum number of votes needed in order to kill someone.

If the lynch is tied then the village has been indecisive and nobody will be killed.

Edit:

Also GMs does your code need to be in two separate posts or can you just have it twice in one post? If that is a possibility then that will definitely change things. 

Codes can be used twice in the same post.

Edited by Eolhondras

Lewis stared into Clark's eyes. He had been tailed for days by this trader. The time had come to end the charade. But violence wasn't the only solution to problems, despite what the other trappers thought. They had come to a compromise, brought to means by a friendly game of avion.

The trade was simple. If Clark won, Lewis would acknowledge the superiority of the traders and join them, and vice-versa if Lewis won. No tricks, no traps. Just a simple test of intellectual prowess.

Pieces were moved swiftly, and both sides appeared to be evenly matched. But upon studying the board intently, Lewis came to the realization that Clark was at an advantage. His own blue avian could not move without being destroyed, and Clark's clear avian was in a perfect position to swoop in and capture the nest. Lewis looked up to see a smug expression on Clark's face.

There was clearly no way he could win this game. Drawing a double-strung, sawn-off shotbow, Lewis leveled it at Clark, who, to his surprise, was leveling the exact same model at him. With no time to hesitate, Lewis pulled the trigger, and Clark's face shattered. Clark toppled, that same smug expression plastered on his face, and in doing so, knocked over his nest.

Check and mate, Clark. Perhaps the others were right, and violence was the only way to solve problems. Wiping the broken glass off of his shirt, Lewis arose and strolled to the meeting site, where the council to find the traders had just begun.

Why was phatterner being so inconsistant? Why had he not responded to the accusations made against him? Lewis didn't know, but he intended to find out.

Edited by Paranoid King

"Honestly, Avis, you could be more subtle about trying to steal all the Aviar. You have been rather blunt about it," Ripple chided.

vulnerable

"What a perilous thing to suggest," Avis replied, eyes teeming with laughter. "as if spooky white text was any different."

integrity

"Honestly, how can you treat this with such levity?"

penchant

"Because the Aviar stealing isn't the point. The point is to find who the traitor-traders are."

"... fair enough."

-----------------------I

Poor attempts at rp aside, we are getting some good discussion, just not in the way I would like. Most of the votes right now seem to be leaping at minor inconsistencies. There may be one or two cases where this is actually correct, but we should be wary of being too critical. Wording could be awkwardly put simply because they have to hide a code word in it. Guessing codes during the first cycle doesn't seem like a smart move. As the game goes on, it will be easier to distinguish codes, due to repetition.

Well, Ada did the same thing in MR10. That seems like a small thing to cross someone off of your suspicions list.

That's some pretty shoddy logic there PK. Traders can say logical things too, also Aviar stealing is a useful tactic to catch people in lies or something like if you steal a Beautiful Aviar from someone when there is a known trader with RB abilities out there. Honestly it just looks more like a way to easily make a teammate look like a trapper.

I may as well clarify this. By "suspicions" list, I mean "people who haven't done anything to help the village" list. If I cross someone off of that list, it means they're more likely to be good, but it doesn't clear them by any means.

Edit: to respond to your point, clanky, aviar hunting may be useful, but not in the first cycle. It's difficult to find a code word with only one example, and so searching for the right word will just waste time.

Edited by Paranoid King

As usual, I can’t think of much that’s useful to say this early.

I agree with Hellscythe that the Patji shouldn’t be in a hurry to use up their limited actions. I think this also applies to whoever is Influential. Both are more useful when there is more information and a higher concentration of Traders.

I also think anyone with a roleblocking Aviar should hold off on using it. A Beautiful Aviar is more likely to harm Trappers’ information gathering or protection than Traders’, and it can’t block the Trader kill. Mind Force can potentially block the Trader kill with luck but it is also likely to get in the Trappers’ way. Also, if Mind Force is used and there is no kill, that doesn’t mean they found a Trader because there are a lot of other explanations. So it’s probably best to hold off for now until there’s good suspicions about who is a Trader.

The Traders have the advantage when it comes to stealing Aviar since they have more minds to put together. However, guessing codes isn’t going to be simple, even for them, especially early on when there aren’t enough code uses yet to work with and there aren’t any clues to who hasn’t been using them. It’s probably best to focus on other things for now.

Anyway, it’s a bit early for strong suspicions, but I feel a bit suspicious of Maill. It’s more of a gut feeling than anything else, but that’s good enough for a Cycle 1 vote, I guess. (I don’t usually vote this early, so...)

...sorry for my inactivity, ladies and germs.really

I was gone camping, and was really tired when I got back home. Most likely, I'll be active pretty consistently.

Just to begin with, I don't really like the idea of lynching people on Cycle One. That seems like a bad idea (What are the actual odds, something like 2/9?). We could lynch a villager with a very useful role, so I don't think we should lynch at all.

Edit: to respond to your point, clanky, aviar hunting may be useful, but not in the first cycle. It's difficult to find a code word with only one example, and so searching for the right word will just waste time.

That's fair but I still don't think it is bad to discuss it, anything that promotes game relevant discussion helps. 

I was gone camping, and was really tired when I got back home. Most likely, I'll be active pretty consistently.

Just to begin with, I don't really like the idea of lynching people on Cycle One. That seems like a bad idea (What are the actual odds, something like 2/9?). We could lynch a villager with a very useful role, so I don't think we should lynch at all.

The odds are not good at all first cycle but honestly it's too be expected to misslynch more than not especially early on. What a C1 lynch does give us is somewhere to start from. It all just promotes discussion which is how you catch the traders later on. 

Heh, now we can all watch people try to get out of using their code obviously. Do you RP or pretend to make it obvious?

Well, if you paid attention, Stink, I alréady told y'all what my special code word is. :P Don't ruin it for the others though, if you please. I'd like to hope that everyone else would be wise and not a fool and keep it to themselves through the honor system. Honor. White. White. Fool. Honor. Wise. Hoid. Stinky. Hold. Hope. Winter.

We're definitely lynching someone today though. Day 1 lynches help us too much.

Edited by Mailliw73

I think Stink's code word is obvious. Not obvious. But obvious. Like.... the singular word obvious. The word obvious no longer has any meaning. It doesn't even look like a word anymore.

spooky spooky

The problem with that logic is that we could  lynch a villager with a useful role any day. It has nothing to do with Cycle One. So if we never lynch just because we could have a chance of lynching a useful villager we've already lost. The objective of the lynch is to give us a chance to kill a Trader. If we let a cycle go by there's a 100% guarantee that a villager will be at the very least attacked. I'd rather us have a "2/9" chance of targeting an eliminator with the villager attack rather than just 100% that a villager is attacked.

The Aviar is a lie.

If Adavantos doesn't post again here's the words he used twice or more in his RP. I thought I should put it out as public information because I have no intention of guessing Ada's code word today. My guess would be "involve"

1bf3a04e56798cf3a077be52fd79187f.png

Edited by Hellscythe

Why is everyone so ready to be aggressive and accuse STINK? I mean I have my suspicions already, but I want to save them for later on in the game. I don't want to cause an unwarranted attack just to progress the conversation. It is difficult to pose a worthy defense, let alone an offensive, when nothing is known by anyone. If we need to make an example, then I would like it to be a player who has been proven to be a false ally. That does not mean it is necessary for them to be an eliminator, but simply ready to let us down. As I understand it, to be trustworthy is everything in this game. I do not mean to put a negative spin on day-1 lynches, simply put my opinion into light.

Now that that is out of the way, I want to say that I don't think that I will vote today. I agree that day-1 lynches can give useful information, but I don't like doing them myself. I prefer to watch others and collect information from everybody instead of just a few, which is what would happen if I went searching for information by myself. I realize that without the votes or the pressure on D1, there would be no base for later suspicions. I also realize that you guys are always going to vote and lynch people on D1 no matter what, so I am going to just gather my suspicions from you.

Now I want to clear something up. The paragraph above is simply a method of saying my code and does not actually reflect my thoughts. I will try to put all 27 of the false codes and my 1 real code into a paragraph like this twice per cycle, maybe once per day, but if I do not have the time, then I will simply put up a list of those 28 words and call it a day. I asked the GM's and they said that I can do this. Ideally, I would like to incorporate those codes into my normal posts, but I doubt that I will have the time.

Just to make it simple, if there is a line after the first paragraph of my post, then my that is a code carrier paragraph. If I decide to do some RP in this game, then I will label it saying RP.

EDIT: Hellscythe how did you get that keyword density thing?

Edited by Kynedath

I have changed my mind because it hasn't ever worked. A D1 or C1 lynch will almost never get an Eliminator because their compatriots can deflect attention. Feel free to lynch me though, since it will at least give you some information.

I have changed my mind because it hasn't ever worked. A D1 or C1 lynch will almost never get an Eliminator because their compatriots can deflect attention. Feel free to lynch me though, since it will at least give you some information.

Didn't Lopen just die to a D1 lynch as an evil like 2-3 games ago?

Edited by Hellscythe