The jungle was quiet, as always. Quiet, not silent. It was an important distinction to make, for in that space between quiet and silence lay the path to survival.

Second of the Noon sat on a tree branch high above the ground, with one hand on the tree trunk for support. From here, she saw a flashes of bright colors juxtaposed against a vista of verdant greens, rivers winding their way through the understory of the forest, blue skies punctuated with soft, pastel clouds of white.

Noon ignored it. As her mentor had said, looks were deceiving. Instead, she closed her eyes and listened.

Aviar cooed in the distance. Water splashed in a creek. Ferns below her rustled in the wind. 

Wait. There was no wind, so how could the ferns be rustling? Noon frowned and listened harder.

"Sal must have done it," a voice said. It was so loud and discordant against the soft music of the jungle that Noon winced.

"Pepe is guilty," another voice said. Again, to Noon's ears, trained to pick up the slightest of sounds, the volume was deafening. She winced again. The voices were familiar to her -- the people speaking must be trappers. So why were they talking so loudly? Didn't they know the dangers of predators?

A third person sighed. "Look, we all need to speak up if we want to find the traders. Sun was obviously murdered by them, and we can't let them get away with it. Remember what happened in Patji?"

Noon froze. Patji -- the traders had colonized the Father. Killed him. And it sounded like the traders had set their sights on colonizing the Mother. Oh, no...

Noon blinked, and her trapper persona faded away. Harmony had given a mission: to observe this shardworld and its native inhabitants. From what she'd heard, First of the Sun was now in a revolution, the scale of which hadn't been seen since mechanical allomancy reached the northern continent of Scadrial. But in Scadrial, people were already used to allomancy and had been quick to fill the holes not taken by machines. In First of the Sun...

NeLaar climbed down out of the tree she was on. Noon had every right to be worried about the traders, so naturally she'd want to help get rid of them. And while Noon met with her fellow trappers, NeLaar could gather some more information about the planet she was living on.

-----

Elkanah, do you have any thoughts on what's going on?

Traitor and trader sound very similar. Would anybody mind if Noon refers to the traders as traitors? It has such a nice thematic ring to it...

EDIT: Greened out Elk's name.

Edited by Arraenae

If there is one thing I am certain about, is that I would not want to give my Aviar to Hellscythe.

Sad. C'mon I know you want to guess my code word Stink my boy.

Also I found a bit of a loophole to the code thing. I'm not sure if it's in the spirit of the game to use it however. I'll do it this one time and ask twei and eol about it further.

Basically you can just put your last post in your next post and you'll repeat EVERY word at a bare minimum of twice.

Edited by Hellscythe

I think it's critical that we get some sort of discussion going, so let's talk about the quick votes at the beginning of the cycle. Personally, doing that seems like a poor move for an eliminator to make. Why try to lynch immediately and draw suspicion? So, I'm putting Maill and Stink on my tentative villager list for now. 

Mailliw's said before that he'll deliberately do things that no eliminator in their right mind would try to do, so I don't think that should be a reason to clear him.

On the other hand, I think Stink was just being silly, and it was something that he would do as either an eliminator or as a villager.

Saludan Leiken was, literally and figuratively, walking on cloud nine.

Investiture leaked out from the soles of his bare feet, intermingling with the coalescence of water vapor that traversed the atmosphere and strengthening its Connection with other molecules of its kind. Once Khriss had explained the scientific process involved in what he did, but as with all of her attempts at instructing him he hardly listened. He did, however, remember that if not for the fact that his body was mostly made of water itself than he would be unable to stride upon the skies, as he often dared and adored to do. It was a Thrill in its own right, a Thrill uncorrupted by the Unmade, even on Roshar. The Thrill of Absolute Freedom. The Thrill of Adventure.

It was that sense of exploration, of wandering where few men could; of seeing the world - or worlds, as he now understood - from an alien perspective, that gave his life purpose. If not for the burning desire to discover every inch of Roshar that he stoked as a youth, he would have never run away from Alethkar, never witnessed the fall of Jah Keved, never met or befriended the Lost Heir before he was truly Lost, never been gifted his Birthright or sworn himself to Nereim… never become a Radiant; a Worldhopper; a Hero.

Though some of his kin hated him for abandoning his homeworld in its time of need, he, and a few others, understood what he did now was much more noble. Any man could take up arms and fight for his own realm. But to leave and put his life at risk for total strangers? Now that… that was what a real hero would do, in his honest opinion, regardless of ulterior motives.

Sure, he didn’t have much love for his planet. Even before he knew of Odium he could taste the taint he left upon the land. It pervaded each of his senses, threatening to suffocate the happiness right out of him. Though it was nowhere near as dreary as Scadrial was in its anteverdant days, it was enough to drive him away for good.

If he could have chosen any world to call his home it would have been Nalthis. Ever since he first laid his eyes on it he knew it would hold his heart forever. Everything about it, from its vibrant colors to its creative twist on Investiture, seemed more suited to him than any other. If not for his vows he would have remained there forever, but sadly it was not large enough to entertain his attention for long, though he did resolve to return when he was ready to retire.

He found Khriss again on Threnody, homeworld of her assistant, Nazh. They did not stay there for long, fortunately. Though the other man was fond of it Sal could hardly say the same. It’s overabundance of Cognitive Shadows was disheartening at best, especially what with their tendency to act unnecessarily violent towards anyone who dares break some ridiculous rule or other.

They split up then, Sal tasked with his own mission that involved something Khriss called a Temporal Irregularity. A true mystery, she claimed. Something unlike anything she had witnessed before. He didn’t even hesitate before jumping in. Almost wish he did, for the next thing he knew, he was on some island in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a wide variety of deadly - albeit pretty - beasts that lusted to taste his flesh. After nearly having been eaten for the third time he had no choice but to take the high ground, or in his case low clouds. Besides the strange, magical birds that occasionally ventured up here he never ran into one of those monsters again. Sal did, however, run into another kind of monster eventually.

Humans; and the native kind at that. Some of them seemed amiable enough, but having met as many people as he had it was easy for himto recognize the avarice in some of their eyes. Greed was a powerful sin, it was. Especially when Investiture was involved, not that they really understood what that was, let alone that it was what the the thing there were yearning for.

Occasionally he would stop by their little encampment. More often than not they would watch him walk the clouds, jealous of his power. To make it easier for them to understand, he asked Nereim to show herself in the form of a bird unlike one they’ve ever seen, one capable of gifting him the power to walk on water. God Beyond, how they thirst for her. If only they knew she could never be theirs.

Eventually he knew he'd have to join them if he wanted to truly understand this planet. Sal could only see so much of Patji from up above, what with the thick canopies blocking most of my view of the island beneath. Sighing, he whistled for Nereim, and the Aviar she herself attracted, to return to his side so that he may begin descending again. After disappearing for a couple days he was sure they were eager to hear about the things he'd seen, and honestly, he'd be lying if he weren’t a bit curious to listen to whatever they had to offer in return.

EDITED BECAUSE I TOOK A BREAK HALFWAY AND COMPLETELY SWITCHED FROM THIRD PERSON TO FIRST, LOL

Edited by Adavantos

I can indeed relate, except for the part where if the GMs say that what you are doing is not allowed and basically ruins that mechanic (which it does, sadly) then you've already done it. If the GMs are fine with it, then go ahead.

I'm pretty sure the GMs are going to rule this loophole business out and not count it. I don't think I'm the only person of the opinion that it literally ruins the fun of the most unique mechanic of this game.

I can indeed relate, except for the part where if the GMs say that what you are doing is not allowed and basically ruins that mechanic (which it does, sadly) then you've already done it. If the GMs are fine with it, then go ahead.

I hope you both understand that I agree with you completely. You're use your 887 word RP to camouflage your code word. I'm using control c + v. If the GM says not to I agree with the GM. If they say it's allowed I don't see why I shouldn't. It's more difficult to find a code word 887 word RP in my opinion. I just don't have the time to do that.

Edited by Hellscythe

I hope you both understand that I agree with you completely. You're use your 887 word RP to camouflage your code word. I'm using control c + v. If the GM says not to I agree with the GM. If they say it's allowed I don't see why I shouldn't. It's more difficult to find a code word 887 word RP in my opinion. I just don't have the time to do that.

It's probably going to get kiboshed as soon as the GMs take a look. I doubt that they like people breaking their mechanic so easily like that.

Also I honestly didn't even think about the possibility to hide the code in RP before you said it.

EDIT: Fixing some grammar and stuff from my stupid phone. 

Edited by Clanky

Also I found a bit of a loophole to the code thing. I'm not sure if it's in the spirit of the game to use it however. I'll do it this one time and ask twei and eol about it further.

You're right that it's not in the spirit of the rules, and I'm going to rule this out. The potential to edit spoilers means players essentially have to read the same content twice, and that's going to make the game unwieldy and frustrating to play. RP is a little different, because RPers spend their time producing something that everyone can read and enjoy. The mechanic is geared towards people contributing to the game however they want.

There are a couple of tricks which Eol and I discussed, and decided to allow. Unlike this plan, though, they prevent anyone ever trying to guess your code, meaning they completely rule out gaining Aviar through wrong guesses and make you a more attractive target for the other team.

twei, what's the order of actions? 

Roleblocks (in order: Hidden, Beautiful, Mind Force)

Messenger

Voting

Vote Change

Mind Shield

Power Sense

Death Sight

Kills (simultaneous: Trader, Patji, lynch)

Observant

Aviar movement

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

You're right that it's not in the spirit of the rules, and I'm going to rule this out. The potential to edit spoilers means players essentially have to read the same content twice, and that's going to make the game unwieldy and frustrating to play. RP is a little different, because RPers spend their time producing something that everyone can read and enjoy. The mechanic is geared towards people contributing to the game however they want.

There are a couple of tricks which Eol and I discussed, and decided to allow. Unlike this plan, though, they prevent anyone ever trying to guess your code, meaning they completely rule out gaining Aviar through wrong guesses and make you a more attractive target for the other team.

Sounds good to me. I'll edit my previous posts.

There are a couple of tricks which Eol and I discussed, and decided to allow.

That sounds like a challenge. An.... ostentatious challenge. ^.o *wink* *double wink* *winks my with my third eye*

Edited by Hellscythe

Stink, how aré you doing?

White. Fool. Honor. Hoid. Stinky. Hold. Hope. Winter.

Elk, what's up with you?

First of the Morn, the Wise of the Day, set about doing his duty around his lair. Only the most foolish ever bothered him, hence his self-bestowed nickname. His Aviar were old now, aged beyond their years by the evil that plagued the islands, hidden, yet pervasive. Blasphemous.

I'm essentially taking my vote off of Arraenae seeing as I wouldn't want to lynch someone who I believe is more likely to be a Trapper than other players  :D

Aside from all this Aviar stealing code nonsense, our real objective is to kill the Traders. so here's some nifty tips on how to do that one.

I know people don't like being told what they should do in a logical sense but oh well!

I would suggest to the Patji that they hold off killing. Seeing as you (probably)have a limited amount of kills(it was implied in the description of the role) in my opinion it's better to wait for more information than to just start killing now. You don't want to be the kill role stuck with no kills because you sprayed and prayed in the beginning. The rest of the roles seem fairly self-explanatory. Messengers, good luck and don't pick Adavantos cause he's the Diagrammist Cook! 

Edited by Hellscythe