There were only nine others left, and tension hung heavy in the air.

All their efforts so far had been in vain. All the dead had been trappers loyal to the Pantheon. Some part of Dawn had always doubted her plan, but right now every one of the deaths seemed to land squarely at her feet. These gatherings had only weakened her allies; the trappers would have fared better with the jungle as their weapon, rather than words.

Link was vocal, in his own way. Instead of a machete, he had a long, double-edged sword, and he gestured with it and his free hand. But Lewis was unimpressed with the weapon's constant threat, and Teldus seemed to agree.

Link's blade eventually stopped, pointed at Last of the Equinox. Fear flashed across the boy's face, but a moment later it was replaced with a scowl. "You threatening me? 'Cos I'm a master of the jungle, and you're about to find out what that means." The threat sounded odd, coming from soneone so young.

First of the Twilight stepped up to them. "Listen. Neither of you are fools, and these arguments that set us all against each other create more problems than they solve. You both suspect First of the Star. Might he be a better target?"

There was a long pause, neither Link nor Equinox wanting to back down. Then Equinox sighed. "You're right. Star would make a better choice."

Link turned his gaze to regard Star as well. Others joined in. "What do you have to say?" called Avis.

"I..." Star looked around at eight angry faces, all trained on him. He swallowed. "...nothing."

With that, their decision was made.

-----

The day's last light was filtering through the canopy. This day's work had taken far too long. Last of the Equinox, finished his search, climbed to his feet slowly. He shook his head. "Nothing."

The trappers seemed to groan collectively, and worry twisted into anger in Dawn's stomach. How many more chances would they have? The week had been fruitless, one failure after the other. Her frustration, suddenly refusing to be ignored, roared into her thoughts. She struck out at a nearby tree with her staff and yelled as polished wood met tough bark.

Out in the jungle, something answered.

The trappers collectively balked. Then, spurred by sudden danger, they scattered.

Dawn watched, transfixed. In his panic, Avis stumbled into a patch of hungry mud. One leg had sunk in up to his knee when Rain ran past her with a pointed look. She shook off the stupor with difficulty, and caught Jay's foot with one hand so he couldn't take off during their flight.

Rain set the fastest pace he could, made difficult by the day's failing light. More calls sounded behind them, and Dawn struggled to ignore them and track Rain's footfalls. There was no sense escaping the predators to be caught by the jungle's smaller dangers.

After a time, the calls became distant. They were still regular, aounding every few seconds. Rain slowed his pace.

"They must have caught the trail of one of the others," she said, gasping for breath. Rain didn't reply, just watching the ground in front. "What were they?"

"Nightmaws," he replied. "We should not have stayed this late."

Dawn forced herself to breathe more deeply. The immediate danger had passed; adrenaline, once an ally, was now a liability.

She released Jay's foot, and he hopped onto her shoulder. They would have to search for survivors tomorrow.

----

An arm had been flung several metres from the patch of mud Avis had stumbled into. Nothing else remained to show his passing. The same couldn't be said of Lewis; his remains were strung out over a much greater distance. Splintered bone and the occasional strip of shredded flesh spoke to the nightmaws' power.

The others were accounted for, though, and that left Dawn cold. She searched among his remains, somehow oblivious to their horror.

There. Raged cloth, stained with blood. She picked it up. The edges were torn roughly from the nightmaw's attack. Except for one, which sliced unnaturally straight.

The beasts hadn't struck the first blow. The realisation felt cold, ice prickling up her spine. It was ruthlessly efficient. Kill Lewis, and leave his corpse to the nightmaws to keep them off your own trail.

With a start, Dawn realised the cold sensation was also wet. She turned, and pain abruptly lanced through her chest. Her vision swam - was that...

"I'm sorry, sister."

-----

First of the Star (TheSilverDragon) was lynched! They were a Regular Trapper!
Lewis (Paranoid King) was killed by the Traders! He was an Influential Trapper with Mind Force and Beautiful Aviar!
Avis (Hellscythe) was as careless as the island is dangerous! He was a Hidden Trapper with Power Sense and Beautiful Aviar!

The Northern Interests Trading Company has won! Congratulations to Teldus, Saludan, First of the Twilight and Last of the Equinox. Amaji has become a new base of operations in the Pantheon. Link, the only surviving Trapper with Aviar, has won a bonus victory, though he's rather envious of Last of the Equinox's four Aviar.

Master Sheet
Trader Camp
The Ones Above

Clanky (1): Paranoid King
TheSilverDragon (7): Elbereth, Clanky, Hellscythe, Lopen, Adavantos, Water, Kynedath

I'll post my thoughts on the game sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Alvron

Guys, I just want to say, I was never cut out to be an eliminator. If you look both in this eliminator doc and the one for LG16, you'll all see my inhibitions. Lopen, I hated lying to you, especially since you were so nice about it. Also, just a note, the cycle when I was up for the lynch, cycle 5 was it, The only ones who were voting for me until Lopen joined in were my fellow Eliminator Teammates. Feeling the love there guys.

Good game traders. I'm sad we didn't even kill one of you!  <_<

Kyn, don't worry about it! It's how the game is supposed to be played, and I think you mostly told the truth anyways.   :P I actually thought you were good because Clanky was going after you the way he was for pretty much the entire game, and he was the player I was most sure about being an eliminator(then next was Elbereth, then Hellscythe, and SilverDragon because I thought he fit). I should've listened better to my gut about Adavantos, but frankly, my gut was totally horrible in this game. Sorry about that all you trappers I lynched(I think I was involved 4 mislynches?)!  :unsure: I am glad that I was finally right about Clanky and Elbereth though.  :P

I got the bonus victory!!! I'd much rather have actually won, but I'll take it! :D It was just me and my trusty Messenger(I never even named my Aviar!  :(). Funny thing is, no one ever tried to guess my code, and I only tried to guess one code(Shallans). Does anyone have a guess what mine was? I'm just curious. (I put it in this post.  :ph34r:)

Thanks for running the game Twei and Eol!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

I just wanted to say, before I read the evil doc, good job to my fellow eliminators. I suspected both Kynedath and Adavantos due to a couuple of small things that happened in the doc, but I never saw Clanky being evil at all. I thought Lopen was more likely. Great job, guys!

That probably doesn't make sense to anyone who isn't an eliminator. Scroll down to the very bottom of the evil doc to figure out what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the great game everyone and for running it Twei and Eol! It was great to be an eliminator again since it had been just under a year since my last game as an eliminator.

I just wanted to say, before I read the evil doc, good job to my fellow eliminators. I suspected both Kynedath and Adavantos due to a couuple of small things that happened in the doc, but I never saw Clanky being evil at all. I thought Lopen was more likely. Great job, guys!

That probably doesn't make sense to anyone who isn't an eliminator. Scroll down to the very bottom of the evil doc to figure out what I'm talking about.

Most of the time it was me talking to you in the doc too.  :P Sorry that I didn't get time to annotate who actually did say what in your domain but the doc was locked by the time I made it back from class this morning. 

Guys, I just want to say, I was never cut out to be an eliminator. If you look both in this eliminator doc and the one for LG16, you'll all see my inhibitions. Lopen, I hated lying to you, especially since you were so nice about it. Also, just a note, the cycle when I was up for the lynch, cycle 5 was it, The only ones who were voting for me until Lopen joined in were my fellow Eliminator Teammates. Feeling the love there guys.

You were never really in danger of dying. We were planning on saving you with the influential the whole time. Also don't be too hard on yourself Kyn. You managed to survive the whole game despite your own team almost killing you twice, :) as well as got Lopen to trust you. 

Kyn, don't worry about it! It's how the game is supposed to be played, and I think you mostly told the truth anyways.   :P I actually thought you were good because Clanky was going after you the way he was for pretty much the entire game, and he was the player I was most sure about being an eliminator(then next was Elbereth, then Hellscythe, and SilverDragon because I thought he fit). I should've listened better to my gut about Adavantos, but frankly, my gut was totally horrible in this game. Sorry about that all you trappers I lynched(I think I was involved 4 mislynches?)!  :unsure: I am glad that I was finally right about Clanky and Elbereth though.  :P

I almost got through the whole game without having been voted on at all before that last cycle too.  <_<  I'm also still kinda confused what tipped you off since most of your the stuff you said had to do with me, Hellscythe and SD being on a team. Other than my slip up where I said the traders had two influential, but that was after you had already voted for me I believe. 

Funny thing is, no one ever tried to guess my code, and I only tried to guess one code(Shallans). Does anyone have a guess what mine was?

Violent

Oops, I checked the cheat sheet before you posted.

Someone tried to guess my code twice, but they didn't have any aviar either time. When I did try to guess, I got it wrong, and didn't try to guess anything in the future.

I liked the code aspect of this game. It gave it a new spin. Does anyone have a guess as to mine? (It was really easy to implement, and I've used it in this post.)

I have to say on this one I was completely lost on who was evil. I maybe had Elbereth one or two days but other than that everything flew over my head.

The best part of the game for me was hearing that I got both Beautiful and Messenger from people guessing my code wrong on the first day. 12 hours later Twei PM's me "Oh yeah before I forget a third person tried to guess your code and failed." I was dying laughing. I didn't even know what people thought my code word was I wasn't trying to put fakes in. Unfortunately that third person didn't' have any Aviar, but having 4 Aviar on Day 2 would've been ostentatious.

Loved the code word mechanic even if I was a little sloppy at times. It gave me something to do when there was nothing to analyze.

Great game overall thanks Twei and Eol. And fantastic job Traders!

• 4 weeks later...
Second of the Sky stepped onto Amaji Isle.  The Northern Interests Trading Company had clear cut most of the isle to make room for their ever expanding base of operations.   What had once been tall trees had now been felled to make a wooden palisade to keep what was left of the wildlife out of camp, while the corpses of those that attacked were piled up outside.  There were even a couple of Shadows, the deep beasts of the oceans, that lay washed up on the shore, their carcass’ too heavy to move.

Shaking his head at the needless destruction Second climbed back into his boat.  He had seen all he needed to.  Civilization was coming to the Pantheon Isles and nothing was going to stop them now.  Progress it seemed was as easy to stop as the tides.  But that didn't mean one couldn't try....

Another game has come and gone.  Many congrats to the Traders for winning.  And many upvotes and slaps on the back to twelfthrootoftwo and Eolhondras for running this game.  The Aviar mechanic and codes phases looked very interesting.  Much fun was had in trying to guess everyone's code.   I for one look forward to more games from you two.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

For those wanting to play,
MR12: Turf War is open for sign ups but will be starting soon so feel free to join in the fun.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!
Edited by Alvron