Ooktapus The Fierce

Season 11

7 posts in this topic

So season ten wasn't my favourite but I'm really really enjoying season ten so far. Story element discussions = awesomeness.

I fell behind a bit, I'm at episode 10.47.

What was it that you disliked about the season?

I just didn't have time to write a single continuous piece, and with the whole season geared that way I found it too frustrating.

Yeah, some of the exercises are better suited to random work, and some require a lot of prep. I still found the podcasts informative, even though I flaked out on the exercises by somewhere around May.

Yeah, some of the exercises are better suited to random work, and some require a lot of prep. I still found the podcasts informative, even though I flaked out on the exercises by somewhere around May.

You made it to May? I only made it to February...

Mind you, I've never been a planner, which I think everyone on the panel except Dan is.

EDIT: When did they touch-up the website? I haven't been on in a while, but did just now and they've really done a remake.

Edited by The Young Bard

You made it to May? I only made it to February...

Mind you, I've never been a planner, which I think everyone on the panel except Dan is.

EDIT: When did they touch-up the website? I haven't been on in a while, but did just now and they've really done a remake.

They updated last week I think. It's like night and day.

As for planning, I've always been an outliner, but my outlines have a lot of detail. I'm a slow writer, so the heavily detailed outline means I don't have as many big structural things to fix when I've finished my first draft.

Hmm interesting.  I am not a planner (much more of a pantser), but since I already had a work in progress when season 10 started, it was super helpful for me in looking at my own story and seeing where the problems were.  Not sure if you have a work in progress, but if you don't, maybe try listening to season 10 when you do?  It's interesting because I LOVED season 10 and I I just "like" season 11.

That being said, I didn't make it that far on actually doing any of the writing prompts...