The Official Thread of Relationships

You have to provide more info. Right now we know that you don't know how to react in this situation. But we don't know how you feel about it. Are you trying to find a way to befriend her? Pick her up? Let her know you're uninterested in a gentle way?

Do you know her? Do you know who she is? Did you just meet her?

Is she interested in you? (I know it's hard to tell, but sometimes there are clues) Trying to befriend you? How is she behaving?

Tell us something!

P.S. I can give you a spike granting Allomantic brass for the low price of 2 kilograms of gold. I will even throw in a supply of brass.

Well, we're acquainted somewhat already; we were in the same Psychology class last semester. Not really looking for a relationship, but I'm not exactly opposed to one either. :P As for the last three questions, no clue. :mellow: 

Hey, ill lighten up this thread with my relationship story-

I met a girl who plays the same instrument as me at Band

We started talking, texting and chatting

Band had a pizza night

We went off and found a place to chat

Things let to things and i had my first kiss

Now We are happily dating and are both infatuated with one another :D  :D  :D

Hey, ill lighten up this thread with my relationship story-

I met a girl who plays the same instrument as me at Band

We started talking, texting and chatting

Band had a pizza night

We went off and found a place to chat

Things let to things and i had my first kisses

Now We are happily dating and are both infatuated with one another :D  :D  :D

O_o What is it like, having a social relationship? I have never felt that..

*strokes cat*

What do you do when the girl who sits next to you in SciFi/Fantasy class gives you a TARDIS keychain because she's a huge geek and knows you are too? :mellow:

ask her out to captain america civil war (or some other geeky movie that is coming out soon), of course.

but take her somewhere else first, going to a movie first is never a good idea. 

Edited by warriormark16

ask her out to captain america civil war (or some other geeky movie that is coming out soon), of course.

but take her somewhere else first, going to a movie first is never a good idea. 

ask her out to deadpool, it's already in theaters and it's a romantic comedy. Like romantic superhero black comedy...

So what would be a good idea for first date? I don't know myself.

ask her out to deadpool, it's already in theaters and it's a romantic comedy. Like romantic superhero black comedy...

I don't like rated R movies, so I wouldnt know.

take her to something she wants to see.

Take her to Deadpool. If she doesnt like Deadpool she wasnt worth it anyway.

I...am honestly not sure that Slowswift would like Deadpool.  It's a bit rough for those with gentle sensibilities.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my situation:

Two years ago, I met a girl in my chemistry class. After spending some time with her, I discovered she was a nerd (in a good way, I'm a nerd too) and eventually formed a crush. That year, that's as far as it went. During that year, however, I had been trying to help her come out of her shell. Not outgoing necessarily, as I myself am an introvert and respect that she was too, but trying to help her be able to effectively work in the world. Keep in mind that I only really knew her from chemistry class.

Anyway, the next year, I discovered that she had changed schools in order to get one that better met her needs. Long story short, we met again at a big event and we started e-mailing for a few months, and then she stopped replying.

I haven't been able to make contact since. Not only that, but I will be moving in the next few months, so I won't be in the same area as her.

I have no idea what to do from here.

Here's my situation:

Two years ago, I met a girl in my chemistry class. After spending some time with her, I discovered she was a nerd (in a good way, I'm a nerd too) and eventually formed a crush. That year, that's as far as it went. During that year, however, I had been trying to help her come out of her shell. Not outgoing necessarily, as I myself am an introvert and respect that she was too, but trying to help her be able to effectively work in the world. Keep in mind that I only really knew her from chemistry class.

Anyway, the next year, I discovered that she had changed schools in order to get one that better met her needs. Long story short, we met again at a big event and we started e-mailing for a few months, and then she stopped replying.

I haven't been able to make contact since. Not only that, but I will be moving in the next few months, so I won't be in the same area as her.

I have no idea what to do from here.

That might be not what you'd like to hear, but my advice is: move on. She stopped replying for whatever reason, you won't be living near anymore, so there's no way to regularly meet etc. You can stay in touch by e-mail/facebook, but only if she'd start to respond to your messages. You can't keep the relationship/friendship/any-king-of-ship going all by yourself.

That might be not what you'd like to hear, but my advice is: move on. She stopped replying for whatever reason, you won't be living near anymore, so there's no way to regularly meet etc. You can stay in touch by e-mail/facebook, but only if she'd start to respond to your messages. You can't keep the relationship/friendship/any-king-of-ship going all by yourself.

I agree, which sucks.

Find the way to do it that's least painful for you, and then do it. That's my two bits anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it's time to put something cheerful on this thread again.  Be warned, dear readers, for this post is about to get picture-heavy.

That's right.  I'm about to inundate you with wedding photos.  :D

So!  On April 30, 2011, I got married.  It was awesome.  It was nerdy.  It was ecumenical - I'm pagan, and my husband is an atheist, so it only made sense that we get hitched on Unitarian Universalist grounds.  We slipped a combination of humanist and pagan things into the ceremony with a geeky twist.  (Yes, one of the wedding readings was G'Kar's Declaration of Principals from Babylon 5.  We also made the audience do a BSG thing and call out, "So say we all!' at various points in the ceremony.  It was awesome and beautiful and completely perfect.)

I piece of the invocation:

Invocation.jpg

Our handfasting cords (post-ceremony) and the box they were kept in:

Cords.jpg

Box.jpg

Also, we didn't have a little boy to be the Ring Bearer, so instead we used a Ring Bear:

Spock%20Bear.jpg

Yep, that's Spock Bear I borrowed him from my mom.  You see, we got our rings from a jewelry store called Vulcan's Forge.  Mhm.  I went there.  It was too perfect not to.

One of the rules I had was no dead flowers.  My wrist corsage and James's boutonniere were silk, and all of the centerpieces I got from the garden store and planted into pots.  Those were live pansies and petunias, and since the wedding was in the spring, the people who took them home got to enjoy flowers all summer long!

Also, I named the tables after various spaceships and space stations.

Serenity.jpgTARDIS.jpgBab5.jpg

And the cake speaks for itself.  No, we didn't get a super-fancy expensive cake; we tried to keep this thing on a reasonable budget.  Besides, have you ever seen better cake toppers in your entire life?  No, of course you haven't.

Cake.jpg

I made the papercraft city myself, lovingly decorating it with Micro Machines and a tiny helicopter for our Bridezilla and Groomera to rampage around in and terrorize.

What's that?  Oh, you were expecting pictures of us!  Oh, well, then, I shall oblige.  Look how pretty my hair is!

Pretty%20Hair.jpg

OK, yeah, that was just mean.  But purple streaks!

I'm rather fond of this shot of James getting ready:

James%20Getting%20Ready.jpg

Handfasting cords getting tied:

Handfasting.jpg

JordanCon regulars may actually recognize that fellow tying our cords.  That's our good friend David, who officiated the ceremony.  He's also 50% of the people responsible for talking me into going to JordanCon this year.

I got a little caught up in things after the ceremony.  James later had this picture turned into a jigsaw puzzle for me.  Because he's awesome.

Whee.jpg

Yes, I'm wearing Chucks underneath my dress.  You didn't expect me to wear uncomfortable shoes to my own wedding, now, did you?

And watch my dress go floof!

Floof.jpg

Incidentally, do you have any idea how amazingly entertaining the looks on peoples' faces are when you walk into a bridal boutique and tell them, "I want my dress to be purple.  Oh, also it needs sleeves."  Pretty freakin' entertaining, let me tell you.  Of course they didn't have anything, so I had my dress custom made.  Fortunately, I wasn't insane enough to try to make it myself (though I did dye the fabric).

Unfortunately, I was insane enough to make my bridesmaids' dresses.  And the groomsmen's vests and ties.  And the flower girl faerie's dress.  And while I was at it, I might as well use the same fabric for my dress to make James's vest and tie...

The wedding party:

Wedding%20party.jpg

Yes, I put faerie wings on my niece.  I regret nothing.

We are very silly people.

Twirly.jpg

And the obligatory family photo:

Family.jpg

In order left to right:  BIL, FIL, MIL, James, me, Mom, my stepdad, my brother, Dad.

Finally, me and James in black & white:

Us%20BampW.jpg

This looks like a nice thread to come to for anti-relationship advice.

There's a girl at school who likes me. Really likes me. We're good friends, but I don't want to be in a relationship. I've already sat down with her, and explained that I didn't want to be in a relationship. She seemed to accept that. (This was two weeks ago) But she didn't really change her actions towards me. And then today she asked me to go to prom with her 'just as friends.'

So, I'm looking for advice on how to get her to stop chasing me, without ruining our friendship. Any advice?