Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Ok, for Corvallis, lets work out what is happening for the rest of the day. What are people's plans, and what developments need to occur this game-day to make them happen?

I want Argon to end up in his new house for the night, as I have a story including all my characters planned for the evening. However, for the rest of the day, I'm open for action. Some elaborate plan by Buttercup to force Argon to show if he's really High Epic maybe? Depends on how the conversation will go...

Ok, for Corvallis, lets work out what is happening for the rest of the day. What are people's plans, and what developments need to occur this game-day to make them happen?

On my end, Iconoclast is happy to begin plotting with his new ally. He doesn't have anything planned for the rest of the day, I don't think. I'll change that if things get too slow.

ooh i didn't see this one, was the answer good at all?

I'll have Kenshin tag along for the meeting with Argon. On that Note, Blaze should I write up to the moment Buttercup arives or what's the Plan?

I'm not sure but I think the answer was rather non commital.

For my characters, Bubbles is pretty much done for the day since she'll be put back on lock down during the crisis, Blossom will want to speak with Rainmaker at the end of the day about the future attempt to trap Insight, and Buttercup will be busy with meeting up with Kenshin, handling Argon, and then she'll be dealing with whatever future security concerns come up.

Blaze should I write up to the moment Buttercup arives or what's the Plan?

I'm not totally certain how the encounter with Jumpdrive will go, or if 18th Shard wants to do anything specific. After that Buttercup will be going straight to Kenshin, likely detailing her plan on the way to Argon, and then dealing with Argon. So it's up to you.

I didn't get much, sorry. I was a bit flustered, but got two questions in. One was about Kelsier, and was a RAFO, and the other was:

Can Epics' weaknesses change?

So far, they have not.

So it seems like they could, but they haven't. Which makes sense; there'd probably have to be an even more affecting trauma for that Epic to take on a different weakness.

So it seems like they could, but they haven't. Which makes sense; there'd probably have to be an even more affecting trauma for that Epic to take on a different weakness.

It's a somewhat non commital answer. It could range from actually no to only if Calamity gets directly involved or only possible after something happens in the last book.

Is there anything else about ThunderSpear (page 12) that doesn't seem right? I'm a really bad judge of when a character is ready to join in X_X

And also, is there a specific town/city that anyone would recommend for him? I'm going to look through but opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Bai!

~Wpx

This question may come off as an eye roller, but what happened in Seattle?

Is there going to be a Rp there?

I mean its the capital and everything... its the biggest city in all of Oregon... sooooo... why not?

Has anybody thought about it?

Edited by warriormark16

This question may come off as an eye roller, but what happened in Seattle?

Is there going to be a Rp there?

I mean its the capital and everything... its the biggest city in all of Oregon... sooooo... why not?

Has anybody thought about it?

Um, Seattle isn't in Oregon. It's in Washington. 

And it's not the capital, it's just the largest city. 

I knew it! How dare you not inform those members with nut allergies of your nefarious leanings? :angry::P

because I have secret dealings with the (*certain nefarious group who's name you cant remember after reading this*) and they pay my salary.  and also my celery. and my Probation officer. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  B)  :D

Edited by warriormark16

So... Stormgate has powerful teleportation. So I have been trying to figure out how to use that to neutralize other Epics.

It's weird how so many of Stormgate's problems can be solved with large cement/steel bunkers about a mile or so underground.

Think about it. Nighthound: stick him in a box underground and he's stuck.

Metal: Maybe. Could he break out?

Lucentia: It might take a while for her to get out.

Lightward: Can't exactly get out of a locked room without his dinos.

Basically, Stormgate can trap most members of the ATTD list. I'm still working on a way to trap teleporters. Does Bloody Mary have a range?

So... Stormgate has powerful teleportation. So I have been trying to figure out how to use that to neutralize other Epics.

It's weird how so many of Stormgate's problems can be solved with large cement/steel bunkers about a mile or so underground.

Basically, Stormgate can trap most members of the ATTD list. I'm still working on a way to trap teleporters. Does Bloody Mary have a range?

ATTD members aren't necessarily difficult to kill, Neverthere's on there and if she gets found there's basically no way she could stop most Vanillas let alone an Epic.

But to quickly comment, both Lucentia and the Metal would quickly get out of any locked vault scenario

Well a large Problem with using teleportation to get rid of people is the chance that they may hold on to him and given that he doesn't Transfer wounds he does himself he wouldn't even be able to fight them of with lightning at that point and refresh my memory but does he feel pain still?

Anyway, to answer your question, no Mary does not have an effective range except for her need of an medium to appear in.

On my end, Iconoclast is happy to begin plotting with his new ally. He doesn't have anything planned for the rest of the day, I don't think. I'll change that if things get too slow.

ooh i didn't see this one, was the answer good at all?

I want Argon to end up in his new house for the night, as I have a story including all my characters planned for the evening. However, for the rest of the day, I'm open for action. Some elaborate plan by Buttercup to force Argon to show if he's really High Epic maybe? Depends on how the conversation will go...

I'll have Kenshin tag along for the meeting with Argon. On that Note, Blaze should I write up to the moment Buttercup arives or what's the Plan?

I'm not sure but I think the answer was rather non commital.

For my characters, Bubbles is pretty much done for the day since she'll be put back on lock down during the crisis, Blossom will want to speak with Rainmaker at the end of the day about the future attempt to trap Insight, and Buttercup will be busy with meeting up with Kenshin, handling Argon, and then she'll be dealing with whatever future security concerns come up.

I'm not totally certain how the encounter with Jumpdrive will go, or if 18th Shard wants to do anything specific. After that Buttercup will be going straight to Kenshin, likely detailing her plan on the way to Argon, and then dealing with Argon. So it's up to you.

I'll just compile these, so the list of things is all in one place.  

Anyways, here's my to-do list for the day in Corvallis.  My characters are in kind of a lull at the moment, but there will be more coming down the slot in the late afternoon / evening.  

1. I really want to introduce Legacy and Peregrine.  To that end, I thought I'd poll you all.  As an introduction, I had two scenes in mind. Scene one takes place 3-6 months back (still deciding) and shows them off using their powers and gives a bit of context as to why they are coming to Corvallis.  Scene 2 is a more mundane opening scene where they both arrive in Corvallis.  These two scenes combined is a lot of writing, which is why I've been having difficulty posting with them.  So, should I (A) Start posting with scene two, and then leave scene one to be revealed by flashback at a later date (preserving some mystery, but delaying a demonstration of their abilities), OR (B ) Writing both scenes and posting both.  Let me know what you think.

2.  Princess GOOD check-in?  - Not sure about this one, but I should probably at least react to Kenshin leaving.  

3. Rainmaker's Nightmare - This'll be fun.  

4.  Euphoria Check-In

5.  Scene with Rainmaker and some of the other Queens (Blossom for sure, and probably Buttercup as well.  Cornucopia and Chase would both be welcome and wanted, but probably aren't 100% necessary).  

6. Rainmaker's in person greeting of the newcomers - a repeat of her speech in the prologue, but with all the new players.  Also, we'll find out what her next public move is, and what's going to happen with all this rain.  Since it's a public demonstration (and looking at how the last one went) I'm guessing there will be some action here.  

7.  Insight kidnaps someone?  Still deciding who.  This will be the end of the day, I think, so we have lots of time to plan.  

Anyways, that's my list.  Combined with the others here, I think we have a decent line-up of things to do.  

Anyways, here's my to-do list for the day in Corvallis.  My characters are in kind of a lull at the moment, but there will be more coming down the slot in the late afternoon / evening.  

1. I really want to introduce Legacy and Peregrine.  To that end, I thought I'd poll you all.  As an introduction, I had two scenes in mind. Scene one takes place 3-6 months back (still deciding) and shows them off using their powers and gives a bit of context as to why they are coming to Corvallis.  Scene 2 is a more mundane opening scene where they both arrive in Corvallis.  These two scenes combined is a lot of writing, which is why I've been having difficulty posting with them.  So, should I (A) Start posting with scene two, and then leave scene one to be revealed by flashback at a later date (preserving some mystery, but delaying a demonstration of their abilities), OR (B ) Writing both scenes and posting both.  Let me know what you think.

2.  Princess GOOD check-in?  - Not sure about this one, but I should probably at least react to Kenshin leaving.  

4.  Euphoria Check-In

5.  Scene with Rainmaker and some of the other Queens (Blossom for sure, and probably Buttercup as well.  Cornucopia and Chase would both be welcome and wanted, but probably aren't 100% necessary).  

6. Rainmaker's in person greeting of the newcomers - a repeat of her speech in the prologue, but with all the new players.  Also, we'll find out what her next public move is, and what's going to happen with all this rain.  Since it's a public demonstration (and looking at how the last one went) I'm guessing there will be some action here.  

7.  Insight kidnaps someone?  Still deciding who.  This will be the end of the day, I think, so we have lots of time to plan.  

Anyways, that's my list.  Combined with the others here, I think we have a decent line-up of things to do.  

Well if he's looking to destabilize the city then either Bubbles or Cornucopia would be next, though the latters absence would take some time to really cause much problems it would be a pretty major strike.

I was thinking for someone lower on the totem pole for his next person-snatching.  I know Kenshin's name was floated around as a potential person he could kidnap and then recruit as a double agent.  I was also thinking of Skinsaver due to his connection to Rainmaker, but I think I'd like him to struggle along in his new role a little longer before giving him a reprieve.  

Anyways, here's my to-do list for the day in Corvallis. My characters are in kind of a lull at the moment, but there will be more coming down the slot in the late afternoon / evening.

1. I really want to introduce Legacy and Peregrine. To that end, I thought I'd poll you all. As an introduction, I had two scenes in mind. Scene one takes place 3-6 months back (still deciding) and shows them off using their powers and gives a bit of context as to why they are coming to Corvallis. Scene 2 is a more mundane opening scene where they both arrive in Corvallis. These two scenes combined is a lot of writing, which is why I've been having difficulty posting with them. So, should I (A) Start posting with scene two, and then leave scene one to be revealed by flashback at a later date (preserving some mystery, but delaying a demonstration of their abilities), OR (B ) Writing both scenes and posting both. Let me know what you think.

2. Princess GOOD check-in? - Not sure about this one, but I should probably at least react to Kenshin leaving.

4. Euphoria Check-In

5. Scene with Rainmaker and some of the other Queens (Blossom for sure, and probably Buttercup as well. Cornucopia and Chase would both be welcome and wanted, but probably aren't 100% necessary).

6. Rainmaker's in person greeting of the newcomers - a repeat of her speech in the prologue, but with all the new players. Also, we'll find out what her next public move is, and what's going to happen with all this rain. Since it's a public demonstration (and looking at how the last one went) I'm guessing there will be some action here.

7. Insight kidnaps someone? Still deciding who. This will be the end of the day, I think, so we have lots of time to plan.

Anyways, that's my list. Combined with the others here, I think we have a decent line-up of things to do.

2) If it would help I could Kenshin pretty much not care what GOOD does, now that Kenshin is leaving. Allowing GOOD to take her nap in her house.

I also just realized the irony of an Epic wanting a good night's Rest.

7) I'm still open for that someone being Kenshin, in case you care or want to check with people how their characters will react to his recruiting.

I don't think having a teleportation power is a good idea, as we have discussed, we have an over-abundance of them.

well some mysteries about their powers can be left for a flashback, that shouldn't be a problem