Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Removal of the normal force would remove air resistance so it wouldn't have a terminal velocity but it wouldn't instantly accelerate it.

If there's no normal force then that's functionally identical to being intangible, I actually quite like it as an explanation of the intangibility, though it would make for some weird interactions.

Ah. that it explains why i only got a 58 on the test

Ah. that it explains why i only got a 58 on the test

I would be very surprised if a question on a test was 'if a supervillain with acess to a magical power let them remove all normal force from an object, what would happen?' :P

I just spend a lot of time thinking about Epic powers and physics.

I just spend a lot of time thinking about Epic powers and physics.

Speaking of which, what're your thoughts on an Epic that can alter inertia independent of all other qualities, including mass? :ph34r: My initial thoughts are "very, very bad" but I'm wondering if I'm on the right track. :P

Speaking of which, what're your thoughts on an Epic that can alter inertia independent of all other qualities, including mass? :ph34r: My initial thoughts are "very, very bad" but I'm wondering if I'm on the right track. :P

Inertia? Depends by what degree but it wouldn't be too bad if it had reasonable limits, mostly it'd just be like altering mass but with a few weird effects.

If it wasn't limited at all then that's universe-destroying since you could just drop a quarter and use it to shove the earth out of orbit :P

EDIT: Also depending on how exactly it worked it might kill anyone you used it on.

Inertia? Depends by what degree but it wouldn't be too bad if it had reasonable limits, mostly it'd just be like altering mass but with a few weird effects.

If it wasn't limited at all then that's universe-destroying since you could just drop a quarter and use it to shove the earth out of orbit :P

*clink* :ph34r:

Never assume reasonable limits. :ph34r: (Unless it's an Epic I actually plan on introducing to canon. :P)

...And that's What Happened in Oregon. Twi became an Epic. The end.  :mellow:

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Never assume reasonable limits. :ph34r: (Unless it's an Epic I actually plan on introducing to canon. :P)

The reason MV is so OP, she has no limits other than what's available. :P (Which would make for an interesting limit on inertia too, only being able to swap inertia rather than just changing it at will)

So, in Astoria, I want to establish an Epic named Whiskey who can turn water into alcohol. Any type of alcohol, but whiskey is easiest. This guy runs his own little empire of bars and pubs. I have no real plans for him, just that he runs every bar in Astoria.

The reason MV is so OP, she has no limits other than what's available. :P (Which would make for an interesting limit on inertia too, only being able to swap inertia rather than just changing it at will)

That could be very cool. Switch a pebble's inertia for a building's, and suddenly you've got a rock no one can move, and a building that'll topple (quite dramatically) with the slightest breeze... I might have to steal this, later. :ph34r:

Or throw the rock first then swap their inertia, then you've got a flying pebble that no one can stop and a building that will collapse in spectacular fashion.
EDIT: It would also for some pretty cool flying, jump then just as your feet leave the ground swap your inertia for a buildings, your inertia causes you to become much harder for gravity to effect and so your leap carries you for a few hundred meters.

I really just came up with this in my head.

switch the jewels to glass or something similar,

the thing is that most jewels are incredibly hard. harder than most metals

you can easily make gem bullets by getting a bullet and making the slug a gem. which (depending on what kind of gem) would make it ridiculously armor piercing 

switch the jewels to glass or something similar,

the thing is that most jewels are incredibly hard. harder than most metals

you can easily make gem bullets by getting a bullet and making the slug a gem. which (depending on what kind of gem) would make it ridiculously armor piercing 

Depends on if the gems had any flaws, metal deforms, gemstones if struck correctly will shatter. If she literally just changed say iron atoms into say carbon to simulate a diamond it would actually be pretty insanely brittle since it wouldn't have the correct crystalline structure necessary for strength, glass is actually pretty strong as well when it's solid like that.

That would be great, thanks! :)

Well in the Dalles we have the city itself lead by Commander Vondra, normal human and military man and has a good amount of Epics in its city guard.

Then we have Frequency, an ex-Koschei cultist and some some Epics he recruited.

Quicksilver's gang.

The last big faction are the Pandas... I'm not sure if Kobold keept the other Epics besides the Panda, because they were never actually mentioned in game, even when in viewpoints from characters that should know they just did something.

Plus a lot of newcomers to the city

Anyway, the story starts with Backtrack, MV and Impact (both of them are the momentum twins) getting send to town to find dirt on Remington.

Then they are captured by the city guard and braught in for intorigation.

During the Interview Reader shoots Backtrack, because he's a Slontze.

Autumn takes Backtrack and the twins to a doctor.

Panda invasion starts.

Reader gets kidnapped by the pandas.

Autumn and co are hiding from the panda forces.

Enter Shiny Sparkle.

She crushes on Autumn pretty much immediately and helps her to bring Backtrack to a doctor

(She also steals Backtrack's colored sunglasses and yes this is actually a somewhat important plot point)

The momentum twins are send out to help with the invasion on their own.

Reader gets saved from the pandas by some random Epic (Frostfire) that just wandered into the whole situation.

Said Epic breaks Readers nose, because again Reader is a jerk, even to the guy that's just saving him.

They are joined by another Epic Ozymandias and also go to the clinic to treat Reader's nose.

Meanwhile, in the other parts of town.

Quicksilver, an Epic that runs a criminal gang near the Dalles, attacks an guard outpost of the city that can't properly defend against him, because apparently the city still uses metal based weapons instead of adopting to something that could actually work against their nemesis.

He returns to his hideout and doesn't really do anything except watch the pnada invasion play out.

One of his lackies, Busdriver, comes across Mistwraith a new Epic that just randomly stumbled in here.

He takes her back to base, to recruit her and they test how her powers work.

Team Paladin does some stuff in another location that has nothing to do with the overall plot and is only there to introduce the team.

Frequency (Epic that pretty much revered Koschei as a deity) gathers a couple of other Epics and starts attacking the city.

They interact with a couple of refuge Epics that have been written out of the story by now.

Impact ends up getting a spike of corruption and heads of on her own,

MV, now without her sister, meets Elsa (yes from frozen) who is a new Epic in town.

The city guard Epics Glamour, Edgerunner and Scribbler are send out to deal with the pandas.

Edgerunner and Scribbler meet up.

These two meet up with MV and Elsa.

Those four head to the clinic (it got rather crowded there.)

Impact runs into Frequency's gang and more or less joins up with them.

Deathwish is send to deal with Frequency and co.

Vondra heads out in an attack helicopter.

Back at the clinic

The doctor (Baxter Game) was looking at Backtrack's shoulder.

There is some fighting between all the other people in the clinic.

Frostfire storms out Edgerunner follows him.

Shiny Sparkle teleports herself and Autumn to the Dalles command center.

MV drags Backtrack off to find Impact.

Arsenal screms a bit at Shiny and Autumn and then sends of Shiny Sparkle to help Deathwish with the cultists.

Vondra returns after blowing up the epic Panda and listens to Autumn's story.

He tells her to visit Jack tomorrow and she goes home for the day and sleep.

Back with Deathwish and the cultists.

There is some back and forth.

Then he splits of chasing after Impact leaving Frequency and co behind.

Their fight ultimately ends with Impact heavily wounded and Deathwish framed for going on a rampage.

Team Paladin shortly gets involved with Freq and co. but retreats after firing a couple of shoots.

Shiny Sparkle arrives and fights off the cultits, in the process of which she killed some of them.

Shiny returns to the command center and gets scolded from Vondra for harassing Autumn.

She (in a very broad definition of the term) sees the error in her ways and goes to sleep.

Deathwish gets interrogated and pretty much gets away scot free.

The panda army relocates to Rowena.

Frostfire and Edgerunner go to the caravan Frostfire arrived with.

The caravan was attacked by pandas and everyone is gone.

Edgerunner explains Frostfire that no, attacking an entire army on his own would not be a smart idea.

They return to town.

MV and Bactrack don't find Impact and get in a car to return to Portland.

Arsenal arrives at the clinic and gives a bit of a rant at everyone there, which ends with Elsa not behaving quite properly and getting shoot (not fatally though).

Did I ever mention that Orange Crush came into town, because he did and is in a cell now.

And that's most of what happened. The summary doesn't contain anything that happened on the new game day but for a short summary.

1)The fight against Quicksilver's gang, involving a bus chase, missiles and a giant metal column.

2)Jack got interviewed and is now checking on one of the new Epics in town together with Autumn.

3)Impact broke into Game's clinic to get painkillers, left and now Scribbler is there to investigate the place.

4)Shiny Sparkle is getting interrogated by Vondra.

Well, really thats all there is to it. he uses his powers, the more power he uses the more he attracts, he leaves the area(or stays, it doesnt really matter) and over a period of time, small amounts of water flow to that area. until its thoroughly covered

I'd echo what Blackhoof said on the mind control, as for the water attroction, do I understand it right that it works delayed and then just kind of stys there?

Lead Jewel

can turn metals into jewels and vice versa(though only small bits) and can also blend in with the shadows. She has a habit of keeping jewels with her, rounded like bullets and is always with her trusty pistol. (she is a former theif, so she easily gets jewels)

With blending in with the shadows, do you mean some limited form of invisibility to what exactly? As for having her projectiles shatter, I'd agree that making that a secondary power would work better, if you want to use that as a reliable mode of attack.

Behold the start of darkness. :ph34r:

So, in Astoria, I want to establish an Epic named Whiskey who can turn water into alcohol. Any type of alcohol, but whiskey is easiest. This guy runs his own little empire of bars and pubs. I have no real plans for him, just that he runs every bar in Astoria.

Every bar, definetly no.

Please stop destroying the planet Twi. We have to build another one every time and fill it with new Epi-  :mellow: 

DROP MORE QUARTERS! DESTROY IT ALL!!!!

EvilSmile.gif.pagespeed.ce.UjKg82nnzE.gi

Welp, guess who's just gone all flower on us. :mellow:

I'd echo what Blackhoof said on the mind control, as for the water attroction, do I understand it right that it works delayed and then just kind of stys there?

his mind control powers work in a way that simply makes them violent and extremely angry with their friends/ allies.

the water will stay there until it evaporates away. after that there will be no more flooding, unless he is in that area again.

Edited by warriormark16