Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I'll comment on the powers later (and leave it to others who are better at it than I am :ph34r:) but I will point out that the Epic corruption would mute his positive traits pretty noticeably. We dont treat it as much of a hard-and-fast rule as it is in canon, but with him being as powerful as he is, the corruption would enhance his negative traits and mute his positive ones, or put a negative spin on them (for instance, having the patience to wait for a foe to land in his trap, but not the patience to wait in line).

Okay so this is a rather minor point but teleporters are actually supposed to be kind of rare and given how we overpopulated the RP with those already (I guess they are rare because they all died in Oregon) it may be better to not give out that specific power to some random Epic. :ph34r:

She can't teleport her self though, don't know if that changes things though.

Density? What are they made out of? Can someone just walk through them, or do they take up space?

They're probably just made of energy, so the whole Converter/Star Thief combo works really well. They can be walked through, though the person who walked through one would be burned by them, just like if it was a flame.

Was also going to change the heat production to be tied to how big the spheres are. Like for the small number s only a temperature of 70, but for the huge ones, a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by TheSilverDragon

I've been thinking about joining a RP, so I decided to try the Reckoners series RPs. I was wondering what you guys thought about this possible profile of a Epic, and which RP he could join;

Name: Chasmfiend

Appearance: Has a very angular face, and eyes that are slanted like an elves'. His ears are     noticebly pointed, and his hair is stained violet from his beasts, blood. His skin is     marbled with violet as well, but is mostly a pale silvery color.

Primary Power: Transformation/Bestial Creation

Only able to turn into an enormously large 18-legged beast that has a nearly impenetrable shell. It has large claws on the front four legs, and it's carapace is spiked all the way down, and has a large emerald in it's chest.  If killed, he comes back out of the head,               and can transform back into it in 15 min., during which he is vulnerable (though it's not his weakness).

Secondary Power #1: Earthshattering

Can cause the earth to split open, creating a canyon or chasm barely large enough for his beast to fit through. It takes him a good 15 min. to fully open one. They do not close back up again.

Secondary Power #2: Property Enhancing    

He can enhance a object's properties, making it harder, sharper, stronger, or such. He can also do this to himself or someone else to make them stronger, faster, or such.                                                                                                                           

Secondary Power #3: Healing

He heals quickly, and his touch can increase the healing speed of another person. This only works on or below ground level.

Weakness: Extreme storms cause it so he can't transform, and if also exposed to large amounts of gems during a storm, enhancement powers are weakened. Healing only works on or below ground level.

Outfit: A very large suit of armor that is insanely hard, and an extremely large sword that's very light and can cut through nearly anything    like it's air.

Positive Traits: Honorable, Patient, Protective

Negative Traits: Pessimistic, Secretive, Ireful (Easily roused to Anger)

I saw this in the Epics thread in the Reckoners subforum, I do like the idea but it does make it hard to fit him into an RP.

Astoria is the usual place to recommend but with such a limited PI I'm not sure how long he could reasonably last there. Salem could work I suppose, but it's been pretty slow lately.

Weirdly I think I might, the name sounds familiar but I don't place dibs on most Epics I make.

well DIBS.  :lol:

Im thinking an incredibly powerful telapathy epic, with advanced reasoning, but who's only a few years old. ;) you whovians know who im talking about.

hey voidus, I think I might have almost as many epic ideas as you do.  :ph34r:

hmn.. I think that I--

*challenge initiated*

yup. I did.

Edited by warriormark16

well DIBS.  :lol:

Im thinking an incredibly powerful telapathy epic, with advanced reasoning, but who's only a few years old. ;) you whovians know who im talking about.

hey voidus, I think I might have almost as many epic ideas as you do.  :ph34r:

hmn.. I think that I--

*challenge initiated*

yup. I did.

Telepathy is tricky, since the writers often don't know what a character is going to do until they do it it could create some plot holes, same reason we don't have much in the way of precogs other than just a danger sense.

I have several thousand at this point, although they're spread out over a few files.

:mellow: 

Challenge accepted.

hehe, I've been doing this since Steelheart came out.

or was it when I read the prologue and first five chapters?

I was drafting profiles before the emperors of Rome or the Pharaohs of Egypt. I crafted my first Epic while the fiery pangs of the universes birth were still just a distant possibility, when 'before' and 'after' had no meaning and time itself was still a distant unknown. I glimpsed into the depths of eternal abyss and therein discovered the first Epic.

In short: I have a lot of Epics. :P

I was drafting profiles before the emperors of Rome or the Pharaohs of Egypt. I crafted my first Epic while the fiery pangs of the universes birth were still just a distant possibility, when 'before' and 'after' had no meaning and time itself was still a distant unknown. I glimpsed into the depths of eternal abyss and therein discovered the first Epic.

wasn't that similar to what I said :P .

I was drafting profiles before the emperors of Rome or the Pharaohs of Egypt. I crafted my first Epic while the fiery pangs of the universes birth were still just a distant possibility, when 'before' and 'after' had no meaning and time itself was still a distant unknown. I glimpsed into the depths of eternal abyss and therein discovered the first Epic.

He has an Epic for every occasion.

Case in point: I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some peppermint tea. Problem is, there are a LOT of retirees where I live, and they are slow, rude, and park badly. I don't want this headache. Which Epic would you recommend?

wasn't that similar to what I said :P .

"Publication of Steelheart = before time began" - Warriormark16 2016

:P

Case in point: I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some peppermint tea. Problem is, there are a LOT of retirees where I live, and they are slow, rude, and park badly. I don't want this headache. Which Epic would you recommend?

I'm sure it will not be a surprise that I crafted an Epic specifically to punish slow walkers/drivers. :P

The Turtler

Primary power: Human-animal transmogrification, uses his ability primarily to transmute people who crowd sidewalks or malls while walking slowly into turtles. He occasionally then eats them.

obliteration... 

OH you mean one of ours?

hmns...

probably Greysoldier who can control the minds of those who have killed in battle. or simply Darksun, who used to be a colonel, who would scare them into respect.

wait, did you mean retired from the military?

edit: okay a point for voidus. I never saw the turtle thing coming.

Edited by warriormark16

obliteration... 

OH you mean one of ours?

hmns...

probably Greysoldier who can control the minds of those who have killed in battle. or simply Darksun, who used to be a colonel, who would scare them into respect.

edit: okay a point for voidus. I never saw the turtle thing coming.

Sorry. The Turtler wins, hands flippers down. :P

To be fair that one may have been weighted in my favor, I get social anxiety in large crowds and slow walkers make me feel like I'm being boxed in so I have spent many hours devising cruel and unusual punishments for them.  :angry:

To be fair that one may have been weighted in my favor, I get social anxiety in large crowds and slow walkers make me feel like I'm being boxed in so I have spent many hours devising cruel and unusual punishments for them. :angry:

He's nearly perfect. To attain perfection, answer me this: could he use his powers to clear a busy highway of drivers who seem to think the speed limit is 25? :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

He's nearly perfect. To attain perfection, answer me this: could he use his powers to clear a busy highway of drivers who seem to think the speed limit is 25? :ph34r:

He could turn them into Zebras so they all crashed into each other but that would probably make the problem worse.  :unsure: 

*Puts thinking cap on*

I suppose he could turn their cars into flocks of pigeons, or turn the drivers into drivers just as impatient as the people they were previously holding up.

Or he could turn their loved ones into turtles and threaten to eat them unless they obeyed sensible driving speeds.

He could turn them into Zebras so they all crashed into each other but that would probably make the problem worse. :unsure:

*Puts thinking cap on*

I suppose he could turn their cars into flocks of pigeons, or turn the drivers into drivers just as impatient as the people they were previously holding up.

Or he could turn their loved ones into turtles and threaten to eat them unless they obeyed sensible driving speeds.

This would do nicely. :ph34r:

They're probably just made of energy, so the whole Converter/Star Thief combo works really well. They can be walked through, though the person who walked through one would be burned by them, just like if it was a flame.

Was also going to change the heat production to be tied to how big the spheres are. Like for the small number s only a temperature of 70, but for the huge ones, a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think it would make more sense if the smaller ones were hotter.

so I have a kinda probably OP powerful epic and I want to know your take on him.

So...

Ragnarok.

synopsis.

a teenager of seventeen years with a powerful telekinetic perk, limited telepathy, and the ability(or the effect) that when he uses his power, water is attracted to that place.  

details:

his TK is powered by his considerable force of will. it is powerful and precise enough to rip things apart molecule by molecule, though it requires immense concentration to do so when the target is sentient, and even more when the target is an epic. His TK can also be used to reinforce his body, granting super strength, enhanced physical perks(except senses), and flying. When he uses his power, it is visible as red fire that moves like lightning(in a zigzaggy pattern, not necessarily as fast). his TK cannot sense objects.

limited telepathy.(This is why I think he might be OP) he can turn allies into enemies. effect lasts until one dies or they both manage to control themselves.

water attraction. This is a large part of why his name is Ragnarok.  dont worry, he cant flood all of Portland, just a few streets would have an inch or so of water.

so where should he go? OP? Good? what's your thoughts?

I dunno, his telekinesis seems like it is fairly limited by the force of will and it actually having to move towards the target, not weak but still leaving him somewhat squishy, especially if he wants to take the offensive.

As for the mind control (and I have no clue why you would call it telepathy) that is not only incredibly vague but also out of the bounds that mind control does go in the verse but having something like that just doesn't do well for rp purposes.

I've been thinking about joining a RP, so I decided to try the Reckoners series RPs. I was wondering what you guys thought about this possible profile of a Epic, and which RP he could join;

Name: Chasmfiend

Appearance: Has a very angular face, and eyes that are slanted like an elves'. His ears are     noticebly pointed, and his hair is stained violet from his beasts, blood. His skin is     marbled with violet as well, but is mostly a pale silvery color.

Primary Power: Transformation/Bestial Creation

Only able to turn into an enormously large 18-legged beast that has a nearly impenetrable shell. It has large claws on the front four legs, and it's carapace is spiked all the way down, and has a large emerald in it's chest.  If killed, he comes back out of the head,               and can transform back into it in 15 min., during which he is vulnerable (though it's not his weakness).

Secondary Power #1: Earthshattering

Can cause the earth to split open, creating a canyon or chasm barely large enough for his beast to fit through. It takes him a good 15 min. to fully open one. They do not close back up again.

Secondary Power #2: Property Enhancing    

He can enhance a object's properties, making it harder, sharper, stronger, or such. He can also do this to himself or someone else to make them stronger, faster, or such.                                                                                                                           

Secondary Power #3: Healing

He heals quickly, and his touch can increase the healing speed of another person. This only works on or below ground level.

Weakness: Extreme storms cause it so he can't transform, and if also exposed to large amounts of gems during a storm, enhancement powers are weakened. Healing only works on or below ground level.

Outfit: A very large suit of armor that is insanely hard, and an extremely large sword that's very light and can cut through nearly anything    like it's air.

Positive Traits: Honorable, Patient, Protective

Negative Traits: Pessimistic, Secretive, Ireful (Easily roused to Anger)

Yeah, I'm kind of with Voidus here, the mix between having large scale powers that would turn him into a giant bullseye combined with a somewhat limited pi  makes him unlikely to last long in the rp format.

On another note, an Epic would not have a seperate weakness for all of his powers.

I dunno, but with how many forms of the power we already have I kind of feel like we've reached a point of oversaturation where maybe we shouldn't just throw that power out anymore, especially not for smaller Epics like this.

One could say that they have more concentrated energy and heat, while the bigger ones are more dispersed.

I was thinking that the spheres all add up to the biggest one, so smaller zones would be less powerful.

I dunno, but with how many forms of the power we already have I kind of feel like we've reached a point of oversaturation where maybe we shouldn't just throw that power out anymore, especially not for smaller Epics like this.

So would it be ok for her to have limited telekinesis? Like she could only move things that are sparkly/shiny?