Odd thought, how do you say you're from Elendel?

mattig89ch

I had an odd thought, no idea where it came from.

But every city has its way of describing its citizens.  People from New York are New Yorkers, Chigago are Chicagoans, Bostan folks are Bostanites, Seattle folks are Steattleans.

But how would you say your from Elendel?

Also, people from Seattle are call Seattelites, and people from Boston are Bostonians. (Having lived in both).

Oh, Being from NY, I would have never known that.  Thanks for this.

Also, how do people pronounce Elend and Elendel? The splintercast lady says it very different than I do.  

I pronounce Elend: the letter L + end.

Elendel: the letter L + end + the letter L.

I always pronounced it el-en-del, But I got the pronunciation from the audible version of the novel.  So, take that with a grain of salt.

This is alot of ideas for saying your from enelndel, thanks for these ideas all.  Any others?

I don't know anyone in Australia who does that, I live in Adelaide and I've never once classified myself as an 'Adelaidean' or anything of that sort I just say that I'm from Adelaide.
Might just be an American thing :P

Really?  I would think something like that would be common.  A way of identifying where your from inside your country.  Though, given how large the us is, it could be only larger countries do this.  Or it could be something only we Americans do, I'm afraid I wouldn't know, as I've never been outside the us.  Except to Canada when I was 10.

Really? I would think something like that would be common. A way of identifying where your from inside your country. Though, given how large the us is, it could be only larger countries do this. Or it could be something only we Americans do, I'm afraid I wouldn't know, as I've never been outside the us. Except to Canada when I was 10.

We do it in Brazil too.

Of course, it is not exactly a small country either.

Also, how do people pronounce Elend and Elendel? The splintercast lady says it very different than I do.  

I pronounce Elend: the letter L + end.

Elendel: the letter L + end + the letter L.

This is one of those weird instances where I pronounce names, and words derived from those names, in different ways (as with leras/lerasium and ati/atium).

Elend = ih-LEND

Elendel = ELL-en-DELL

• 3 weeks later...

Elendian sounds the best in my opinion. Don't have to use the whole word, and sometimes nations even have a different name completely. New Zealanders (from New Zealand) are also Kiwis. 

Elendian rolls nicer to me than Elendelian :D 

Plus, it's closer to Elend <3

I don't know why, but I feel like, if I were to run a Mistborn rpg game in the Alloy of Law era, I'd use "Deller" as a kind of slang for Elendel City residents.

There's also a bit of confusion because Elendel is the name of the entire Basin. So how do you refer to yourself to someone in the Roughs if you want to specifically say you're from the City, and not the Basin as a whole?