Petition for a Real-World Historica

ethangraham95

So this is the whole reason I joined this forum, before I let my ADHD take hold and got distracted.

I would love to see a real-world copy of the Historica along the same lines as the secondary books JK Rowling wrote, ie. Magical Beasts and others.

I enjoy the snippets of post-Catacendre history I've learned through the Era 2 books, but snippets only go so far. To be able to read a real copy of the book the characters learned all their history from would be extraordinary.

Thoughts?

That's what I'm saying! So far I've only read Mistborn so I'm not familiar with the Cosmere as a whole (besides some unintentional self-spoiling from Coppermind), but the other series' are next on my reading list.

It would be suuuppppeeerrrrr awesome if Sanderson wrote something like this while I'm catching up on the other books. *hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, if he ever were to see this*

Yeah, now that you mention it that sounds familiar. I just read through the last 2 State of the Sandersons but didn't find anything there. The closest would be, as you said, the short story anthology. A close second would be Hoid's series, Dragonsteel, but that one is a LONG ways away. He still has, what, 7 Stormlight books to write before he does Dragonsteel?

Regardless, I'm sure it'll happen eventually, if not by his own hand then by a fan's. Either way, we need more books in the Cosmere for either to happen.

The cosmere on whole is going to be something like 35 to 40 books I believe is the last count, so yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh we are going to have plenty lol. 

Sanderson does a lot of in-book books that I'd like to read. I'm sure, with two more eras planned after this on Scadrial there will be more than just the Historica and Words of Founding. Add in the Rosharan books like The Way of Kings by Nohadon, and you're starting to get a subseries. It could be called Hoid's Library, and could have a copy of Susebron's fairy tale book from Warbreaker or even Jasnah's Book of Endless Pages.

I also recall Brandon mentioning there might be some sort of Cosmere guide to help people catch the connections (and include stuff not in the books) once the series is mostly done but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it. Though I do specifically recall there was a WoB that when the time is right (ie, probably when Fourth Era Mistborn starts), we'll get a star chart. I think it was in response to somebody asking about a patch of bright stars that can be seen from both Roshar,and Threnody and confirming that they're seeing the same thing.

• Chaos locked this topic