The impossible has happened.  Steelheart is dead!  And with his death many epics have either fled the city or gone into hiding leaving a power vacuum that needs to be filled.

In the warrens beneath the city is where you live.  You make a living alongside your fellow gang members by scavenging what you can’t intimidate from others.  Time has been good to you and your crew.  Rival gangs have come and gone while yours has remained strong.  Until now that is.  With the power vacuum above many of your fellow crewmembers feel it’s time to head to the surface and carve out some of the prime territory for themselves.

However a rival gang is also eyeing up the surface for their new headquarters.  While they are a small and relatively new gang they are rapidly growing and have even managed to subvert some of your fellow members.  The leaders have called together all those they think have been approached by this rival gang and plan to address the situation personally….

Rules:
Standard LG Elimination Rules and Etiquette apply.
72 hour cycles (48 day and 24 night)
Due to rolling blackouts, mobile phones (PMs) can only be used during the night.  
Please include the GM in all PMs.
Rollover will be at 5pm NZDT / 4am UTC / 9pm MST
A new player list will be included at the start of the Day phase.
There will NOT be a countdown clock posted by the GM.
Deaths will not be distinguishable from each other.  Only those that made the kill will know who killed who.
Each player can take one action per night unless otherwise stated.
It is possible that not all roles are in game.  You will not be told if that is the case or which ones are missing.   It is also possible that there are hidden roles and/or items. :P

Anyone who doesn’t show activity either by posting in thread or PMs at least every second full cycle will be killed.  After all if you’re not helping the gang root out the traitors then you must be one of them, right?

The Traitors win once they outnumber the Loyalists.
The Loyalists win once the find and kill all Traitors.
The Traitors have a Doc to conspire in.

Roles:

Assassin:  Some people save lives while others take them.  You are one of the ‘others’.  Once per night you may target another player for death.

Beggar:  Years of begging on the streets have taught you how to blend in with your surroundings.  Once per night you can target another player and learn who they have targeted that cycle.  (Reveals day targets/votes as well.)

Bodyguard:  It is your job to protect the rest of the crew.  Each night phase you may choose to protect another player from one attack.  (Cannot self target.)

Body Snatcher:  Disposing of bodies is your specialty.  During any day or night phase you may choose to remove a body from play.  If target is being killed that phase then the players role/faction is not revealed in the following write up.  (Limited to four clean ups.  Can be used with the faction Kill.)

Heavy:  Passive.  Growing up on the streets is tough.  You either grow up strong and fast or you die.  You grew up strong and fast and became one of the crews enforcers.  If attacked you will die but will also lash out at your attacker wounding them. (Your killer is named but role/faction is not revealed.)

Mortician:  During the night phase you may choose a dead players body to inspect and learn the names of all who have targeted said player during the game.  (Includes votes.  Cannot be used on bodies that have been snatched.)

Regular Crewmember:  You have no special powers, but you still get a vote every day.  Who knows?  Perhaps you are meant to be the one that leads the crew into the future.  Not all stories are about the strongest people in a group.

Rookie:  You have no role at moment however once the game starts you may choose another player as your Mentor.  Should that player die before you then you will take up their role but with reduced effects.   (You can only use your new skills every second cycle.)  You must choose your mentor before the end of Night One.  Multiple rookies can choose the same mentor.  Mentors will be shown as such in write ups but not who (or how many) they are paired with.  Should you chose a Mentor without a ‘role’ then you will return to Regular Crewmember once your Mentor dies due to your training being incomplete.

Serial Killer:  You can kill another player once per cycle, day or night.  You must also choose a signature to leave behind as a sign of your kills. i.e. a red rose.  Note, if you choose to use your ability during the day then your vote won’t be counted.
Win Condition: Kill everyone.

Smoothtalker: You can sell anything. In fact you have already sold Steelhearts skull on numerous occasions. Once a day you may change anyones vote to whatever you want. (Including a no vote)

Snitch:  Once each night phase you can choose to slip a note into one player's pocket revealing the role and faction of a different player.  (Cannot self target.  Must PM the GM with name of target for note as well as target you ‘snitch’ on.)

Street Performer:  You are a master at sleight of hand and misdirection tricks.  Once per night cycle you may redirect one action directed against one player to another of your choosing.  (You must PM the GM with the name of the target you want protected as well as the target for the redirected action.)  Actions redirected will be chosen in order of severity.  Kills - Protections - Rest.

Strongarm:  Intimidation is the name of the game and you are the reigning champ.  Your bulging muscles and rippling biceps are the tools of your trade.  Once per day phase you may force someone to change their vote.  Vote is changed to the same person you are voting for.  If you don’t vote then they will not vote.

Side Roles:

Blind:  Living in a gang is hard work.  You are either a predator or you are prey.  You may be blind but over the years you have learned to fake being able to see.  Every time you use your ability there is a 50% chance that you will target another random crew member instead. (Chosen by GM roll.  You are not informed if your target is different than what you chose.)

Bloodthirsty:  You love to watch blood flow.  Seeing the light leave the eyes of the dying gives you a thrill.  In addition to your main win condition you have a bonus victory goal.  Secondary Win:  Have your vote be counted in at least four successful lynches.

Braggart:  You have claimed to all who would listen that you cannot be killed even by Epics like Steelheart.  So often have you boasted about being the ultimate survivor that even you have started to believe it.  You are unable to be targeted by any protective roles but items will still work on you.

Compulsive Liar:  Your desire to appear more important than you really are has gotten out of hand.  You cannot stop lying.  Whenever someone tries to find out your role, faction or actions that you have taken, they will be told lies.  Hidden:  Player with this side role will not be informed that they have it.

Living Legend:  You are famous.  Like really famous.  Everyone has at least heard of you even if they don’t know what you look like.  When you die those that killed you will be so devastated that any actions they take during the next night phase will be cancelled. Hidden: This side role will not be shown on death.  (If lynched then all those who voted for you will be affected.)

Secret Bloodties: You grew up on the streets together with the only other remaining member of your family.  You look out for each other and have advanced through the gang almost in lockstep.  However any sign of weakness is exploited by the others so you have kept it a secret.  Should either you or your bloodtie be killed the surviving member will become overwhelmed in grief and will no longer have the desire to help the crew.  Instead all they can think about is getting revenge on the one that killed their last family member even if it means killing everyone.  (Surviving family member turns into Serial Killer.)  Your bloodtie is:

Shadow Leader:  You are the force behind the leaders of the gang.  Your word is law even if the others don’t know that it is you.  Once per game you can choose to cancel the lynch for that and only that day cycle.

Strong Willed:  You will is as strong as iron.  No matter how hard they try no one can force you to change your mind.  You are immune to all vote manipulation roles.

Trusted:  You are one of the most trusted people in the gang.  As such you automatically cancel one lynch vote placed on you each cycle.

Items:

Devices can be constructed from various scraps found around the scavengers lair.  Some players will be given a random scrap item at start of game.  Others can be found by searching the area.  Searching can be done day or night but no other votes/actions will count for that day/night.  These devices/scraps can be given to other players.  Should someone be killed then the killer gets one device or scrap (random) while the others are scattered around the area.  It is possible to find nothing.  Should someone be lynched then all devices/scraps player had will be randomly given to the voters on said player.  There will be more than one of each scrap in game.  It takes one day/night action to construct one working device.  It is possible to start with a working device.  Passing a device/scrap to another player does not take an action.

UV-Scanner + X-Ray chip + Filter = X-Ray.  Allows user to learn what devices/scraps a target has. Day or Night use.
Metal plate + Epic Polish = Mirror.  Allows user to redirect any one random action taken against one person and direct it to another of the players choice.  Can self target.  Night only.
Duct Tape.  Can be used to prevent another player from taking any actions for that cycle phase.  Day or Night use.  One use item.
Magnet + Copper Wire + Battery Pack = Electromagnet.  Allows user to randomly steal one scrap or device from target.  Night only.
Laser Scanner + Focusing Crystal + Targetting Array = Raygun.  Allows user to attempt to kill another player.  Can self target but not recommended.  Night only.

Quick Links:

Edited by Alvron

Rule Clarifications:

Can the Serial Killer use their action every Cycle Day or Night?

Yes.

"Hidden: This side role will not be shown on death. "
So not every person will have a side role correct? Because then it'd defeat the purpose of their side role not showing up.
Correct.  Not everyone will have a side role.

Also does using an item count as an action or not?
Using an item does count as an action as does searching or constructing an item.

"Searching can be done day or night but no other votes/actions will count for that day/night."
So that means if you search Day1 then you have no other votes/action that count for Day1 and Night1? Or just Day1?
You can search during the day and use an ability during the night or vice versa.  You can even search during both the Day and Night if you wish however that carries a -50% chance of finding anything the second time.

If a player targets a Compulsive Liar, what determines the "lies" they are told?
P.A.F.O

Is the Mortician told specific, detailed information, including the cycles that players targeted the person? Of are they just given a list of names. 

They are given a list of names.  It's up to them to work out the rest.

For the Shadow Leader when do they have to put the order in to cancel the lynch? The previous night cycle or during the day they are cancelling for? Also will everyone be informed that the lynch was canceled ahead of time or will it just be revealed in the write-up?

The order needs to be in during the Day of the lynch they are cancelling.  No one will be told that the lynch is cancelled until the write up is posted.

So, with the side role of blood-ties, do we get a second serial killer, or is there no serial killer to begin with, and then once one of the siblings dies, then there is a serial killer. 
P.A.F.O

Also, can one person have multiple side roles? I don't think so, but I'd like to ask nevertheless.

P.A.F.O

Player List:

Mailliw73 - Milton Towren aka Altermind

Deathclutch - Hashirama

Elbereth - Ereth

Hellscythe - Avis

Adavantos - Michael Durbin

Kynedath - Drake Pierce

Araris Valerian - Allen

Kipper - Krippe the Krippling

IrulelikeSTINK - Rance Idsmill

Shallan - Citona Vinid

Burnt Spaghetti - Blaize Ghetti

Mark VI - Marr

OrlokTsubodai - Locke

phattemer - Exisa

Elkanah - Neal

Clanky - Clanky

TheMightyLopen - Finn

twelfthrootoftwo - Theresa

Metacognition - Metrick

Edited by Alvron

"Compulsive Liar:  Your desire to appear more important than you really are has gotten out of hand.  You cannot stop lying.  Whenever someone tries to find out your role, faction or actions that you have taken, they will be told lies.  Hidden:  Player with this side role will not be informed that they have it."

Feel like this is for me. :P

"Compulsive Liar:  Your desire to appear more important than you really are has gotten out of hand.  You cannot stop lying.  Whenever someone tries to find out your role, faction or actions that you have taken, they will be told lies.  Hidden:  Player with this side role will not be informed that they have it."

Feel like this is for me. :P

Aww, you noticed.  I did have you in mind when I did this role. :P

I'll be Elbe.

Will post my playstyle traits in a few hours. The main thing is that it'll be very PM-heavy.

Just so you know, PMs can only be used during the Night phase.

I'd like to sign up as Avis.

edit: So can the Serial Killer use their action every Cycle Day or Night?

Every Day or Night they want to use it yes.

"Hidden: This side role will not be shown on death. "

So not every person will have a side role correct? Because then it'd defeat the purpose of their side role not showing up.

"Searching can be done day or night but no other votes/actions will count for that day/night."

So that means if you search Day1 then you have no other votes/action that count for Day1 and Night1? Or just Day1?

Edited by Hellscythe

"Hidden: This side role will not be shown on death. "

Correct.  Not everyone will have a side role.

Using an item does count as an action as does searching or constructing an item.

You can search during the day and use an ability during the night or vice versa.  You can even search during both the Day and Night if you wish however that carries a -50% chance of finding anything the second time.

I'll sign up as Drake Pierce please. His cousin Graye lives in Persepolis. He is quiet and bordering on antisocial (I'm not very good with PMs yet so I'm going to try to stay away from them). He is 6'1'' with gray eyes, short red hair and a near permanent expression of nonchalance. He wears black shoes, socks, pants, T-shirt, hoodie, ballcap, sunglasses and gloves.

Edited by Kynedath

I'm in as Krippe the Krippling.

>inb4 Compulsive Liar Serial Killer with a Raygun.

Two questions.

1. If a player targets a Compulsive Liar, what determines the "lies" they are told?

2. Is the Mortician told specific, detailed information, including the cycles that players targeted the person? Of are they just given a list of names.

Two questions.

1. If a player targets a Compulsive Liar, what determines the "lies" they are told?

2. Is the Mortician told specific, detailed information, including the cycles that players targeted the person? Of are they just given a list of names.

1. P.A.F.O

2. They are given a list of names.  It's up to the Mortician to work it out from there.

I've been thinking about what I want to do with my playstyle, and I have decided. I'm going to have the same playstyle as in QF12, for multiple reasons. First off, that's the character I'm writing right now, and will continue doing so for some time. Second, it's much less confusing for me, since I don't have to remember which character I am pretending to be (once AG2 ends, anyway. But it's pretty far along already, and I'm set in that playstyle, so it won't be as bad.) Third, this character needs as much help as possible, and I didn't really like my other options. The two games are even both Reckoners! If I survive QF12, that's automatically becoming this character's backstory.

So! See the link for more detailed information, but basically I'm changing my playstyle to match that of a character in my in-progress novel, in order to try out different playstyles and figure out more about my characters in the process. This particular character is a teenage shapeshifter with a temper. (Note that this is not my RP character. That's my playstyle.) PM usage will be low. RPs will be occasional and inconsistent. That's about it. Also, I'm no longer going to be Elbe.

I'll be Ereth, an awesome warrior thug.

Well, I would like to sign up for this game too, if that's a good idea. I'll probably be Marr, the guy with a scar. On his eyebrow. Too close to the eye.

Most people are deterred from talking to him due to the prominent scar, but, in reality, he's a nice person.

Phew.... my first 'complicated' game....