Small detail about the Royal Locks

King's Twit

In a few moments, she was able to get the hair to grow.

Several women gasped softly as the hair sprouted from Siri's head and moved down to her shoulders. Growing it made her feel hungry and tired, but it was better than letting the women fight snarls.

hungry and tired...

Could there be a similar connection to a certain ​awesome  girl in WoR?

Sounds to me like it uses some of her innate Investiture to grow it, similarly to who you're talking about.  I'd say there's a great deal of similarity, yep, though obviously some major differences too.

jW

I had a prediction re-reading Warbreaker. Particularly the connection between using investiture to grow out their hair and Lift's ability to convert food to investiture.

What if the Nightwatcher has ties to Nalthis?

Perhaps Dalinar's curse (not being able to remember his wife) is related to the memory loss of a Returned. And Lift's boon seems related as well.

Just a thought.

Returned are, however, at Fifth Heightening by default, which halts aging. 

natc, this isn't entirely correct.

Hopefinder Returned as a child and continued to grow/mature once he Returned. Yes, he still looked childish, but he did grow and mature quickly in the first year after he Returned. I think what happens is that the Return simply age to their ideal maturity and ideal phenotype if they Return as children.

If a Returned is elderly, however, like Allmother, they still conform to an ideal phenotype, but for that age of maturity. Probably because they cannot reverse age themselves to their younger ideal.  

Edited by Titan Arum

natc, this isn't entirely correct.

Hopefinder Returned as a child and continued to grow/mature once he Returned. Yes, he still looked childish, but he did grow and mature quickly in the first year after he Returned. I think what happens is that the Return simply age to their ideal maturity and ideal phenotype if they Return as children. I

f a Returned is elderly, however, like Allmother, they still conform to an ideal phenotype, but for that age of maturity. Probably because they cannot reverse age themselves to their younger ideal.  

It's how they feel they "should" look.  Allmother looked like a kindly grandmother because she felt she should look that way.  Hopefinder aged to his current state because he felt he should look that way.  

So basically it still comes down to ideal phenotype, as I said, but is according to each Returned's opinion. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with halting aging.

If it is how people "should" look, is there any evidence of reverse aging to reach this ideal phenotype?

So basically it still comes down to ideal phenotype, as I said, but is according to each Returned's opinion. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with halting aging.

If it is how people "should" look, is there any evidence of reverse aging to reach this ideal phenotype?

Not reverse 'aging', per se, but Vasher did go through a definite downgrade between his demonstration of the god model and then the epilogue where he was the scruffy traveler model.  And of course, once the Returned hit whatever they consider the ideal phenotype, they don't age any more.  

According to the Coppermind aging already slows at lower levels then the fifth heightening, the first heightening alone is good for another decade. The fifth heightening is required for true agelessness but Awakeners already approach it before that. It is even possible that the shape shifting of the Returned is based on something entirely different.

• Chaos locked this topic