Stormlight Archive Sketches

Kirry

Maybe a formal duel in Shardblade with Shardblades? That'd look pretty neat - also, you can draw each Shardblade entirely differently, given that they are individual and unique. How about the Purelake dude? He would make a nice portrait. Something focused on a Parshendi battle pair would be neat - I challenge you to show them as the heroes in that one.

By the way, looks great! I wish I had talent anywhere near there.

Edited by Swimmingly

Thank you for sharing. :D

Did Feather get you to drop by?

Actually, no! I've only recently met Kirry, though I'm in love with the work that I've seen thus far! I actually saw her first on Reddit, and she linked to her tumblr! She's got a follower from me! (Also, I have no idea how Reddit works and it scares me.) We haven't talked yet, though, so it's nice to see her over here!

o.O

Stormfather thank you for sending more artists to this community, it so nice see the work of talented people doing art with within my favorite serie.

I really liked the way your characters show emotions, Shallan poutting when drawing maked my day.

Take the upvote of this the humble member and be welcomed =)

PS: Well if you draw a Honor Guard Bridge 4 i woudn't mind a bit ;)

Edited by Natans

Wow, these are fantastic. Thanks for posting them here and putting them on our Gallery! I love the first one; it makes Plate look so freaking badass. The second captures Adolin and Dalinar so well, and I'm such a sucker for Shallan. That Shallan sketching one is wonderful.

I feel like a drawing of Kaladin saying the Second Ideal and exploding with light would be amazing in this style.

These are awesome! Love your style... as already mentioned, the expressiveness is so excellent. In particular I'm digging the Bridge 4 image (and would love to see them in uniform along with Natans :3) and Adolin on his Ryshadium.

Looking forward to seeing more SA art from you. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those are positively wonderful! Syl is very appropriately... well, Syl. I am not quite sure why Shallan looks like an excited demon, but Pattern is damnation near perfect. And Stick is, as always, the epitome of perfection.

Disheveled, definitely. But she also reminds me of... I can't, I don't know what - I must've seen some anime screenshot or something, where a demon-thingy had similar facial expression, and the image stuck with me. 

Disheveled, definitely. But she also reminds me of... I can't, I don't know what - I must've seen some anime screenshot or something, where a demon-thingy had similar facial expression, and the image stuck with me.

Honestly, I also find Syl slightly creepy in those. Like she's not just joking around. Not sure what it is exactly though.

Pattern, on the other hand. Pattern is perfection. Truth. Like, he is actually absolutely fantastic.

You know, one thing that bothered me about official rendition of the Pattern is that his face was supposed to have bizarre angles, arrowhead patterns and alien geometries... And I see precious few angles XD Stupid thing to worry about, i know.

I am pretty sure that in Shadesmar his face is 3d (like a sphere with 2d center as an eye? maybe?)