Bands of mourning release party??

Peng the Just

I regret nothing! Unless nobody else recorded the reading as well, in which case, I might be open to feeling some regret.

Eh, I just listened to it, and the loudest part was my reaction to Dalinar's knife thing at the end. But Brandon paused there for a bit, and everyone was kind of aghast so....no regrets!

Eh, I just listened to it, and the loudest part was my reaction to Dalinar's knife thing at the end. But Brandon paused there for a bit, and everyone was kind of aghast so....no regrets!

Excellent then. No regrets!

Also, to Lightning, Aradel, and whoever else played Magic with me, I enjoyed my first game, even if my attention wandered after Aradel got into his unassailable position. Thanks!

I also got confirmation from him that Nazh appears in the broadsheets that are scattered throughout the Bands of Mourning. And he's doing something very Nazh-ish. 

Wow -- they have illustrations of him, or he's just mentioned in various snippets of text?  (I just got the audiobook)

Wow -- they have illustrations of him, or he's just mentioned in various snippets of text? (I just got the audiobook)

The antagonist of the pulp adventure snippet is a man with a gun that shoots ghosts, swears by "Shadows", and is trying to obtain a map. It seems a reasonable conclusion to draw.

I asked Brandon Sanderson these questions:

Q. If the Storm father were to turn into a blade for Dalinar, would it be bigger than a regular shardblade?

A. RAFO (not because it may be answered, but because he doesn't want to acedentally canonize something)

Q. Do you ever go on the 17th Shard just to see what randomness we do there?

A. Not often, but yes.

It was great, I was a volunteer dressed as I Mistborn (I tended to hang around the 17th Shard booth and the game areas if anyone saw me)

There's a recording of the whole signing. Rubix/fRR have it, and I'm sure Weiry will have it soon. I've got a recording of my questions, but that's it.

EDIT: Actually, I recorded the reading as well. Note: The reading itself starts at 1:23; before that is Brandon talking about when to expect Oathbringer and a Cosmere novella compilation that will be coming out later this year. I apologize for some of the talking going on. I don't think it blocks out Brandon speaking, but I was sitting between Seonid and Aradel, so depending on what happened in the reading, we may have "whispered" and I think my phone picked up those whispers....

Thank you for putting up the recording. It's another reading from Stormlight 3. Great to hear for some of us that are not in North America.

Did Brandon say if he will have a different reading in his next tour in February?

I didn't get much, sorry, but a lady in front of me with two daughters got something that she was surprised at, but I couldn't quite overhear, so hopefully she's a member here. 

I asked two questions:

Can an Epic's weakness change? Brandon said so far they have not.

I also asked if Kelsier has talked to Marsh since Sazed's Ascension. I got a RAFO for that one, but Brandon said that this will be specifically addressed in the future, so it's not just a RAFO in case, it will be answered.

I had a blast at the party! I met Little Wilson, Seonid, Rubix, and firstRainbowRose and chatted with a bunch of people. I managed to get spot #7 in line too, so that was cool as well. I did have to head out a bit early, so I didn't get as many questions answered as I'd have liked, but it was fun over all and now I'm excited to start BoM and Secret History!

if you were #7, then the lady with two daughters is probably chasmfriend.