Character Death Predictions

KaIadin

I habe the very vage theory that the knights radiant will kill their spren by putting them back together to restore honors mind or something like that.

I'm sorry, but breaking oaths to return Honor? Seems counter intuitive.

Edited by Onceler

I can see Kaladin dying in Book 5.

With Odium being released from his imprisonment in the Roshar system to boot.

I also can't shake the feeling of Hoid murdering someone for "the greater good". No idea why. Just having Hoid stab a trusted character through the chest, whilst apologising, as we all go: "No! What the *hell!*

Kaladin is one of the few characters I feel confident will make it to the last book. He seems to have a greater destiny and also its a central idea in his plot line that everyone he tries to protect or feels responsible for dies around him. He's just too affected by the deaths of those around him to be allowed to die before he loses nearly everyone.

Also I think Hoid is very adverse to killing. He's willing to have his actions cause deaths (if I have to watch this world crumble and burn...), but something in his past, probably the death of the original Hoid, makes it nearly impossible for him to take someone's life directly.

Adolin - likely killed by Nale for killing Sadeus?

I expect that Kaladin will have to do something that involves protecting Roshone...  I also highly doubt his parents are at Hearthstone...

I also expect that Szeth - because of his new found itch to make things right... Justice... with a drive to address the abomination at Kharbranth...

Adolin - likely killed by Nale for killing Sadeus?

I expect that Kaladin will have to do something that involves protecting Roshone...  I also highly doubt his parents are at Hearthstone...

I also expect that Szeth - because of his new found itch to make things right... Justice... with a drive to address the abomination at Kharbranth...

I hope that second one happens. It would be funny but so frustrating. Also, wouldn't Elholkar simply pardon Adolin? But then again, Adolin might not tell anyone.

Edited by ClockWork PoleAxe

Isn't Nale only interested in killing Radiants/Proto-Radiants, who are acting against the law?

Adolin isn't a Radiant (yet) and we don't know how this affair will be handled with his right to duel and Sadeas accepting this right.

But there is a Radiant who has relativly sure broken a law - Shallan.

Poisoning her father and kill him in his helpless state - and not in self-protection - is perhaps against Alethi-law - that's what Nale needs.

He has killed Ym and tried to kill Lift for much lesser reasons.

Isn't Nale only interested in killing Radiants/Proto-Radiants, who are acting against the law?

Adolin isn't a Radiant (yet) and we don't know how this affair will be handled with his right to duel and Sadeas accepting this right.

But there is a Radiant who has relativly sure broken a law - Shallan.

Poisoning her father and kill him in his helpless state - and not in self-protection - is perhaps against Alethi-law - that's what Nale needs.

He has killed Ym and tried to kill Lift for much lesser reasons.

Good point about Shallan...

I was thinking Adolin because I half expect him to become a radiant at some point in the future... since whatever makes someone attractive to a spren seems to run strong in his family... His father has it, his Brother has it, his cousin has it...

Good point about Shallan...

I was thinking Adolin because I half expect him to become a radiant at some point in the future... since whatever makes someone attractive to a spren seems to run strong in his family... His father has it, his Brother has it, his cousin has it...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You must learn the ways of the Force Adolin...

The more I think on it, the more I feel Kaladin will die in either book 4 or book 5. There isn't that much character development he has left imo and that is a dangerous place to be for a character. Because of this, he is the perfect character to kill off.  BS is an excellent writer and we know he isn't afraid of killing the main protagonist in a series. Sanderson has been lax so far regarding Stormlight Archive main/secondary character deaths - I sense a strong highstorm coming. Kaladin's death would be really unexpected, and it's also needed to forego character stagnation or regression.

Desolations are supposed to be huge disasters that put humanity on the brink of extinction. Having said this, this one is supposed to be worse given Odium's increased influence. I fully expect more than half the cast to be dead by the end of the series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really early to say but my character death predictions:

Kaladin, Teft, Taln, Axies, Renarin, Dalinar, Szeth, Amaran, Shallan's brothers, more of Kaladin's bridgecrew

Those who will survive to the end:

Jasnah (future worldhopper?), Lift, Navanni, Shallan, Adolin, Rock, Hoid (ofc)

Edited by Sun

lopen.

lopen will die.

lopen will die, and we will all cry.

lopen will die and we will all cry and he's just that extremely lovable character that DIES.

lopen will die and we will all cry and he's just that extremely lovable character that DIES because that is just how much we like lopen

we like him so much that there will probably be an entire thread devoted to his funeral... 

If any have ever read the oathbreaker series, then I believe that there will be a similar mother dying-crazy father-confronting son scene at the end. Not exactly the same situation, obviously, but a similar event. Kaladin's parents are surely not gone yet, they had too much life sunk into them to just be dropped.

lopen.

lopen will die.

lopen will die and we will all cry and he's just that extremely lovable character that DIES.

lopen will die and we will all cry and he's just that extremely lovable character that DIES because that is just how much we like lopen

we like him so much that there will probably be an entire thread devoted to his funeral...

He will die glowing in battle and while he's bleeding out on the field he will tell a joke about how to kill a one armed Herdazian.

lopen.

lopen will die.

Why!!! :(  Why did you have to go giving Brandon ideas!!!

also

Sazed shows up and takes another shard and it turns into Harmony vs. Odium

I personally don't think Kaladin will die until after book 5. He might not have much viewpoint forthcoming, but I could see him being the general of an army of Windrunners and Squires, especially after book 5. After the time skip, he could have the roll of weathered general/Ben Kenobi to a few proto Radiants.

WoB says Kal's parents are alive, but I doubt that they are well. I could see Laral becoming a proto Lightweaver. I also like the idea of Kaladin needing to protect Roshone, and then have Roshone bowing to him like he is a king. It would be frustrating and satisfying. I could see his father driven mad by grief thinking both his sons are dead. Possibly split up with Kal's mother. I saw some speculation that she is from a wealthy family, but they disowned her for marrying a lowly lighteyes. Maybe they ended up taking refuge with them?

I want to see Navanni making some epic game-changing Fabrials, but then Odium corrupts them and she dies. Dalinar would be very upset with that. 

I fully expect Jasnah to be a worldhopper in the future, I don't think they will kill her.

I want Taravangian to die. Hopefully Szeth kills him.

Maybe Adolin will die after his character arc. Shallan and Renarin will both be broken from that, but at least one of the brothers won't make it.

Dalinar is either going to die, or transcend something. I think Hoid is trying to maneuver him as Adonalsium 2.0, mostly because of their little gibbletish conversation. I know Brandon won't do the same thing as he did in Mistborn, but I do think that the cosmere will end up with Adonalsium restored, so somehow, Dalinar will absorb Honor or possibly even Odium. No idea how, just a hunch. I could also see him dying though, but again, no until things are in motion. Brandon won't kill anyone off prematurely. 

I expect Adolin to survive, mostly because he looks to me like he's about to go through a ton of character development he hasn't yet seriously started on. Dalinar though... Yeah, he'll either ascend or die.

Also, Taln. He might be emotionally broken, but as a Herald, he's probably way too much of an advantage for the heroes, with his knowledge and memory, to keep alive by our esteemed writer. Besides, the series has sort of "changing of the guard" feel to me, and Taln's death would fit the theme nicely.

The same for Nale. I can see him going after one of the new Radiants (probably Shallan, as someone has noted above) and gettin tag-teamed by a few if them. Not to mention that it would give an opportunity for Shallan and Adolin to have a little heart-to-heart about her past.

I wonder what the consequences of a Radiant killing a Herald would be.

Edited by Rasarr

I expect Adolin to survive, mostly because he looks to me like he's about to go through a ton of character development he hasn't yet seriously started on. Dalinar though... Yeah, he'll either ascend or die.

Also, Taln. He might be emotionally broken, but as a Herald, he's probably way too much of an advantage for the heroes, with his knowledge and memory, to keep alive by our esteemed writer. Besides, the series has sort of "changing of the guard" feel to me, and Taln's death would fit the theme nicely.

The same for Nale. I can see him going after one of the new Radiants (probably Shallan, as someone has noted above) and gettin tag-teamed by a few if them. Not to mention that it would give an opportunity for Shallan and Adolin to have a little heart-to-heart about her past.

I wonder what the consequences of a Radiant killing a Herald would be.

As far as consequences, it might depend on the Order that the Radiant is and which Herald is killed.

As far as consequences, it might depend on the Order that the Radiant is and which Herald is killed.

A Windrunner killing Skybreaker's Herald, for example? Given the apparent history of animosity between those two orders, I can reasonably see the entire Order (which still exist, doesn't it?) gunning for Kaladin.

All the more reason for this to happen, story-wise.  ;)

Edited by Rasarr

• 2 years later...

I hope it's okay when I drag this thread up again ...

I'm currently rereading WoR and have come to the realization that I would be heartbroken about the deaths of some of my favourites, such as Adolin, Dalinar, Rock, Lopen, Teft ... I'd probably just drop dead should Kaladin die.
I've had many favourite characters in books die on me over the years, and some have haunted me ever since, but all these pale when I think of Kaladin dying.
Just ... no. I couldn't handle that. Not ever.
I've never before felt so strongly about a character from a book.

So I'm just going to say he'll live happily ever after. *goes off, humming soothingly to herself*

Edited by Winds Alight

How's this for a mad Idea: ELHOKAR DIES!!

perhaps not, although it would make for an interesting plot twist AND since Moash has gone looking for revenge against the king, It i'snt such a mad idea especially since Dalinar will probarbly want to take the oathgate in Kholinar, perhaps Moash will disguise himself and somehow get into Urithiru.