Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

49 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Bruce's face wrinkles are infected. It's a fairly common thing for pugs, but I haven't been able to get it cleared up through keeping his wrinkles clean and peroxide (which worked with Bruno and Mollie) so I'm taking him to the vet on Sunday. On top of that, he seems to have a small inflammation in his paws. It's not causing him to limp, just to chew on one of them (which incidentally led to me noticing it) and I'm going to call the vet tomorrow as soon as they open and ask that they take a look at that issue too. But I feel bad for the little guy. And….I don't know, I feel like I should've known what to do to prevent this sort of thing. It was never a problem Bruno or Mollie had, but still. :( 

Keep in mind, Bruno and Mollie never lived in a Louisiana swamp. There could be unique "experiences" for pugs in such an environment.

The best thing to do is recognize a problem is occurring and have a professional diagnose it. As preventive measures, you could also inquire about common ailments for dogs in the area.

2 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

Keep in mind, Bruno and Mollie never lived in a Louisiana swamp. There could be unique "experiences" for pugs in such an environment.

The best thing to do is recognize a problem is occurring and have a professional diagnose it. As preventive measures, you could also inquire about common ailments for dogs in the area.

No kidding about the Louisiana swamp. Warm, wet environments like swamps are horrendous breeding hotbeds for parasites and bacteria and all sorts of nasty crem. Twi, I hope you and the vet are able to figure out what's bothering Bruce and how to fix it quickly.

You know that scene in Avengers, when Tony tells Thor "Don't touch my stuff."

That's my life.

I've said before, I'm OCD about things. The big one is touching things. I don't think touching this (or people), and I don't like people touching my things (or me).

So, with that in mind, how do you guys thing I felt coming home from work to find my room redecorated?

Urgh. I hate how ungrateful I sound. My room got redecorated! There was a lot of effort put into that! But...

But all I can think about is how they touched my new, or touched my books, or walked over my floor, dragging dirt everywhere, and I have to use that stuff now, and, and

Yeah. I'm...annoyed at myself.

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

That's my life.

I've said before, I'm OCD about things. The big one is touching things. I don't think touching this (or people), and I don't like people touching my things (or me).

So, with that in mind, how do you guys thing I felt coming home from work to find my room redecorated?

Urgh. I hate how ungrateful I sound. My room got redecorated! There was a lot of effort put into that! But...

But all I can think about is how they touched my new, or touched my books, or walked over my floor, dragging dirt everywhere, and I have to use that stuff now, and, and

If they knew about your OCD, they should've told you their plans before going through with them. Simple as that. Redecorating your room is an awesome thing to do, but they should've been sensitive to your OCD when they did. 

I don't have OCD and I don't have any thing about people touching my stuff.

But if somebody redecorated my room I would still go totally Rayse on them. So that's a pretty normal reaction to me, @Quiver.

Well, everything depends what "redecorated" means. If I had to move my desk and bed to previous locations and put few things back in their old place, that would be mostly fine. If someone painted the walls with different color and replaced my desk and things of that scope, that's Mr.Odium kicking out Heralds from Damnation cause a Desolation is starting shortly.

After getting storming screwed over yet again (the same leave servicing company that can go service themselves, told one of my doctors that I will no longer have insurance, which isn't rusting true, but I will now potentially have to shell out $450 at my first visit if that's not straightened out), I've decided the only way I can make it through this without finding an Honor Chasm is to not give a Ryshadium's rear end about anything anymore.

jW

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

That's my life.

You don't sound ungrateful! You sound like someone exacerbated you OCD and didn't actually consider how you might feel about that. :( 

53 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

After getting storming screwed over yet again (the same leave servicing company that can go service themselves, told one of my doctors that I will no longer have insurance, which isn't rusting true, but I will now potentially have to shell out $450 at my first visit if that's not straightened out), I've decided the only way I can make it through this without finding an Honor Chasm is to not give a Ryshadium's rear end about anything anymore.

jW

I'm so sorry :( 

*hugs for all*

I fell off my kick scooter once... I still have that scar. I was going really fast. The way I ride my scooter is when one leg gets tired from standing on the scooter I switch to other leg.

And in the middle of switching I hit a bump in the road and fell off. But I was wearing shorts so none of my clothing was torn up.

so I understand your pain. :) and now I have more in common with fellow Sharders!

Ugh, I was riding to fast and it was raining and I just slipped. I need to go to work tomorrow morning, and my knees refuse to work properly, my hand almost needs stitches. Also my work uniform now lacks trousers, because they got torn. Just lovely. 

I always was the most careless person alive, but I didn't have an accident like this in three or four years. Last time I did something stupid that really hurt was when I rode a bike into a car (the car was standing, parked on the street. I didn't notice it.). 

Needless to say I am not satisfied with myself. 

Like two years ago, I managed to trip over a sign that was foolishly placed in the middle of the sidewalk--a sign basically like this one:

lg-Construction-signs.jpg

My knee landed badly on one of the sign's feet and got gashed open rather severely. I was alone, so I hobbled my way across the street to a mental health clinic and asked to borrow their first aid kit so I could clean myself up in the bathroom a little before driving home to take care of it more thoroughly. The thing that stressed me out the most about this incident, though, was not the actual injury. No, what upset me was the fact that I now had blood all over my TARDIS socks and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to wash it out.

This might be a stretch to call it part of a bad day, but I replied to a friend on Facebook about a political issue, and no matter how nice and humble I tried to be, I'm worried they'll get angry. They responded once and seemed passionate but not angry, but they haven't replied to me response to that, and I'm paranoid. I don't even want to check Facebook, but I also can't resist. So nerve wracking.

It's someone I knew when she was younger (I'm nearly a decade older), and she moved away so we're not close friends or anything, but I've also known her longer than most other friends I have, so I don't want this to affect our friendship. I wish I'd never replied in the first place, which was my initial instinct.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

This might be a stretch to call it part of a bad day, but I replied to a friend on Facebook about a political issue, and no matter how nice and humble I tried to be, I'm worried they'll get angry. They responded once and seemed passionate but not angry, but they haven't replied to me response to that, and I'm paranoid. I don't even want to check Facebook, but I also can't resist. So nerve wracking.

It's someone I knew when she was younger (I'm nearly a decade older), and she moved away so we're not close friends or anything, but I've also known her longer than most other friends I have, so I don't want this to affect our friendship. I wish I'd never replied in the first place, which was my initial instinct.

jW

I feel ya, Jondesu. Politics on Facebook seems to turn people who are normally reasonable into monsters. But from what you told us, it sounds like you're off to a good start to an intelligent discussion rather than a flame war. I hope it stays civil.

Right. I need a rant.

I have had the worst day ever.

1.The school librarian picks a fight with me and embarrasses me in front of my ENTIRE class and calls me self centred. This site was being stupid so I made four other accounts to see if it would work. The librarian stops the whole bloody class and says I'm self centured because it apparently costs the school money. How was I meant to know THAT?!

2. A guy in my English class was being a jackass.

3. I have a fight with my dad who says something extremely disrespectful about a friend that i had that was suicidal and depressed for a while.

4. It's almost midnight and I haven't finished my stupid essay.

5. I'm sick and sleep deprived. 

6. My internet isn't working.

7. I spilt coffee on myself. 

Phew. I need a hug, Several actually.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

37 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart

Hide contents

91cd0a9804d5feb36904c86b6c657e85.jpgTA2D3Tz.jpg

original.jpg

Got you covered. :) Hope tomorrow is better—that does sound like a crummy day. :( 

Made. My. Day/Night :D 

thanks for the sympathy :)

must........finish..........essay *faints*

Something tells me I'm gonna get even sicker tomorrow....yay! No school! :D

Edit: It's officially midnight. I'm still not done....:D

37406292.jpg

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

I feel seriously disrespected by work.

So, I got my rota the other day. Our bosses are aiming to sort us at 30 hours a week.

By the end of August, I will have done 300 hours, and am pulling 10 shifts more than anyone else.

Which...bothered me. But last night, I got called in to cover someone who was sick, and got an updated rota, and I'm working even more hours now?

318. You had to let aguy go, and couldn't distribute his hours a bit more evenly? Or you did so in a way that the guy pulling 300+ hours, doing more shifts than anyone else, gets even more?

I am storming convinced that those guys view me as a workhorse or a dog at this point. They say "Do this," and I do. I was trying to be reliable and helpful, but...

So, I have just recently begun to volunteer at the local Humane Society where I can play with cats for volunteer hours, which is a dream come true. :wub:

However, I just got an email saying that there is an infection going around which means no playing with cats for two weeks. :(  It's kind of a small thing, but it still is sad.