Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

6 minutes ago, Delightful said:

.........if Roshar invent computers, they're gonna have to change safe hand rules. Imagine using a smartphone one handed, doesn't sound like fun. 

Well, there are materials that work with touchscreens quite well. I have such gloves for winter, they're not perfect but very practical. 

Anyway, we're derailing the topic, time to complain: I feel tired, I have to stay at work till like 7:30 PM and Chaos isn't replying to my PM... Looks like I have some serious first world problems...

Edit: @Delightful wanna see my Shardblade? :ph34r:

Edited by Mestiv
Disturbing Delightful even further :P

1 minute ago, Mestiv said:

Well, there are materials that work with touchscreens quite well. I have such gloves for winter, they're not perfect but very practical. 

Anyway, we're derailing the topic, time to complain: I feel tired, I have to stay at work till like 7:30 PM and Chaos isn't replying to my PM... Looks like I have some serious first world problems...

Have coffee! Lots of coffee! Coffee solves everything until you're way too hyper and by then who cares anyway!

:rolleyes: 

Please take this advice with a non-literal heaping spoon of salt. 

6 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Have coffee! Lots of coffee! Coffee solves everything until you're way too hyper and by then who cares anyway!

:rolleyes: 

Please take this advice with a non-literal heaping spoon of salt. 

Spoiler

169620.jpg

Another problem to add to the list then :P

12 hours ago, Delightful said:

That's so pretty! Thank you. 

So...you'd  make that front piece semi detachable and step into the havah from there?

I spy safe hands :o 

I'd make the front piece an overlay - have the garment fasten up the front somehow, and then use frog clasps to attach the overlay front over that fastening.

4 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Big deal. I leave my safehand uncovered all the time. :ph34r: 

Me, too.  I'm scandalous.

I've thought about what might happen if Eva became a worldhopper.  She'd take one look at Rosharan clothes and decide that everyone on the planet was completely insane.  Then she'd take a safeglove and wear it, but only after cutting out the fingertips, because you cannot play the gorram fiddle with your fingers in a glove.

I enjoy reading this post when I'm angry...

It makes all my problems seem insignificant...

@Morzathoth Why? 

Is Roshar the planet that Stormlight Archives is set on? If so I guess it makes sense that I wouldn't know why "SHOGTSO" would make a good abbreviation seeing as I have yet to get it from my library 

4 hours ago, Wychmire said:

What joke?

Don't leave me forever wondering!

Edit: Hey, This is my first time being the first person on a page!

Well you see, when you stare into the Abyss, the Abyss tends to stare back at you...causing existential dread.

Then you notice that, in a way incomprehensible to you, the Abyss is alive. A living nothing is staring into your soul and having non-thoughts and non-intentions that you could never perceive...directly or indirectly. What are its desires? What is it going to do to you?

Funny stuff, right there! ;)

I hate DMVs and their confusing rules. 

I hate their ridiculous fees and taxes. 

I hate that when you break a rule you didn't know existed, they act as though you should have known better. 

If I ever become Empress of the World, you can bet DMVs will be the first thing I outlaw. 

The second will be smacking lips on hard candy. 

On 22.06.2016 at 3:09 PM, Delightful said:

.........if Roshar invent computers, they're gonna have to change safe hand rules. Imagine using a smartphone one handed, doesn't sound like fun. 

Imagine using actual computers with keyboards. Or playing games with keyboard and mouse!... (I guess games can be done by using the mouse with safehand, though)

35 minutes ago, frost said:

someone just spoiled something for me. 

I know it isn't helping much, but I'm sure there are many surprises and revelations still waiting for you. Have an upvote to brighten your day :) (or night :P)

What a week. By which I mean, "For an entitled brat like myself, this week sucked".

But damnation, I want to vent. So here I go.

First of all, work. I was scheduled to work three days this week (36 hours). And I was fine with that, since it meant I would then be off for seven days, which would have been awesome. I had all sorts of plans, like working on my MLP fanfics, and off-site roleplaying games...

Then I got called in for work on Wednesday morning. "Well, okay, six more hours, no big deal..."

Then had to cover for someone on Thursday. And Friday. So my "week off" has turned into "60 work hours, and I get Saturday and Sunday off, and then work again. Yay."

In the midst of all this, of course, Brexit happened. And I don't want to derail this thread with politics, but the short answer is I feel the decision went the wrong way and, as someone from Northern Ireland, a place which voted to Remain in the EU, the fact we are being forced to pull out with England bothers me. 

And then, it turns out I've lost my gmail password Which was just the topping I needed. So now I'm trying to scramble and find all my accounts again...

<_<

26 minutes ago, Quiver said:

What a week. By which I mean, "For an entitled brat like myself, this week sucked".

But damnation, I want to vent. So here I go.

First of all, work. I was scheduled to work three days this week (36 hours). And I was fine with that, since it meant I would then be off for seven days, which would have been awesome. I had all sorts of plans, like working on my MLP fanfics, and off-site roleplaying games...

Then I got called in for work on Wednesday morning. "Well, okay, six more hours, no big deal..."

Then had to cover for someone on Thursday. And Friday. So my "week off" has turned into "60 work hours, and I get Saturday and Sunday off, and then work again. Yay."

In the midst of all this, of course, Brexit happened. And I don't want to derail this thread with politics, but the short answer is I feel the decision went the wrong way and, as someone from Northern Ireland, a place which voted to Remain in the EU, the fact we are being forced to pull out with England bothers me. 

And then, it turns out I've lost my gmail password Which was just the topping I needed. So now I'm trying to scramble and find all my accounts again...

<_<

Venting about that doesn't make you an entitled brat. It makes you someone who's had a really crappy week. 

Hugs?

20 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Venting about that doesn't make you an entitled brat. It makes you someone who's had a really crappy week. 

Hugs?

You can be an entitled brat regardless of wether you vent or not. :P

totally kidding :). We all have our problems. 

*hugs*. Do something fun on the weekend. :)