Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

11 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

I’m scared for a friend. I live far away, so I can only text, and I know she’s struggling and suicidal, and I’m trying to help, but I don’t think it’s working and I’m so scared for her. I don’t know if anything I can say will help her. I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time, and I feel so helpless.

There's this one hotline thing you can text or call and get help with helping suicidal friends. I would suggest using this if you're okay with talking to knowledgeable strangers about it. The strangers will never know who you are. You're not required to tell them anything about you or your friend IIRC. I don't remember it, but I could probably find it for you if you want, or you could probably find it just by looking it up.

32 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Yep. Is that a bad thing for you?

Yeah, sort of. I keep thinking of the things I could have done and the time I wasted. It's a disproportionate reaction considering I'm only sixteen, but I always get like this at the end of the year.

19 minutes ago, Robin Sedai said:

Yeah, sort of. I keep thinking of the things I could have done and the time I wasted. It's a disproportionate reaction considering I'm only sixteen, but I always get like this at the end of the year.

Ah. I get that feeling. It just isn't always at the end of the year.

I think a lot of people have those kinds of problems on the holidays, though.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Feel that. Just sitting quietly, thinking about all the wasted time…yeah. But in the end, you survived another year, and sometimes that’s all we can say. 
Sometimes it’s nice to just sit and feel, but if you want to stop, my advice is to get out and do something, or alternately blast pump up music as loud as you can. 
You got this. 

• 2 weeks later...

so today nothing is going as it was supposed to 

tomorrow is my english prelim and today was supposed to be good because if theres one thing i enjoy and am good at its english literature

but today started with my mom making fun of my clothes and then my brother was crying irrationally and there was generally a lot of noise and i couldnt concentrate, and then my sister wouldnt let me use our shared desk to study because she wanted to do something and so its 5pm now and i still have three short stories and acts 3 to 5 of merchant of venice to study 

and i had to go buy black gens because we arent allowed to use any other pens to write the exam but when i tried to go, the lift took 500 years to reach my floor and then it was jam packed with people like sardines in a can so i couldnt go. then it took 500 years to go back down and 500 years to come back, but by that time i could hear the cats in the building, 

heres the thing: my building is full of stray cats. 

heres another thing: im deathly scared of cats. 

so then i saw one cat slowly coming towards me intent on my blood, so i ran into the terrace where i was met with another cat. i ran back towards my apartment, and the cat from the terrace started coming for me now. then i started ringing the bell and my sister didnt hear for a long time cause she was listetning to music. 

and then finally opened the door and here we are: me with a crem ton still left to study, short of the materials i need for the exam and on my third cup of caffiene 

But its fine. I can do it. because if theres one thing i do not do it is give up. 

i am a slytherin. my victory may be delayed but it is inevitable  

Ambition, cunning, and pride 

still 

i kinda think my main problem is my sister 

people get irriated right? especially during stressful times like exams? so everytime she does something that i find irriatble, i kinda let it out. and then she goes on about how much i lash out at her and she reminds of everytime in the past where i "hurt" her. and then she does it sp much, that i think a million times before saying anything to her. if i point her own mistake she'll pout and then illl be filled with guilt and spend about ten to 15 minutes apologising to her or something. even now i could tell she was doing someething to distract me, so i told her to stop it, and then she started pouting and said she was doing nothing and the then i felt bad and idk...shes looking me with such a disgusted look on her face and i kinda feel shes trying to make me feel bad 

and 15 minutes have gone by in which i could have finished this chapter 

idk 

sorry idk if this even makes sense, i just needed to rant

Edited by Elf

On 12/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

I’m scared for a friend. I live far away, so I can only text, and I know she’s struggling and suicidal, and I’m trying to help, but I don’t think it’s working and I’m so scared for her. I don’t know if anything I can say will help her. I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time, and I feel so helpless.

okay i know it's been a while since this was posted, but i know exactly how you feel.

this happened to me last july.

i had a very very dear friend who was struggling and suicidal, and I did my best and nothing worked. she attempted, then I didn't hear from her for over a month. then she got back in contact again. i was overjoyed.

then she vanished again in mid september.

i haven't heard from her since. I'm scared, like you. Helpless, like you. Please, PM me if you feel the need.

and on that note;

it's happening again. one of my closest friends, my absolute best friend, was hit by a massive panic attack on saturday right before i was about to leave to go home after hanging out with them.

my dad texted me at 9:18 PM to come home, and they started having the attack at 9:20.

i didn't leave to go home until 10:20 PM. my parents were very understanding. I fasted and prayed the next day (fast sunday bc new year) for them, and they seem to be doing better.

could y'all also please pray for them? at one point, they said they wished they weren't here, that they were a burden, that no one cared.

my heart has never ached so heavily.

please keep them in your prayers. i'm not losing them like I almost lost River.

Not again.

3 hours ago, Elf said:

That sounds terrible. *hugs* I honestly don't know what to say about your sister, but that sounds like a really rough situation. At the moment, I'm thinking that it sounds like she just wants to make you feel bad, and that's terrible. I hope you get feeling better, you can totally PM me if you want to talk or just rant more. 

15 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

please keep them in your prayers.

I will absolutely pray for them! *hugs* 

3 hours ago, Elf said:

Ohhhhh man ;-;  Tough day. Those are d i f f i c u l t. You're really smart, and you love literature and are such a beautiful writer, and i believe you'll do great on the prelim. And yikes... Siblings... Why can't they just leave us alone when it matters ;-;

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

could y'all also please pray for them? at one point, they said they wished they weren't here, that they were a burden, that no one cared.

Of course. I'm so sorry.

7 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Today was mostly fine, but I'm finding it harder and harder to have proper social interaction.

So, not great.

If you need to talk to someone I am here if you need me, though I will admit that I am not the best at social interaction. At least with people at school, easier at other places like church but hardest at school.

On 12/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

Do you want me to pray for them and put them on the temple prayer roll next time I go?

On 1/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

okay i know it's been a while since this was posted, but i know exactly how you feel.

i had a very very dear friend who was struggling and suicidal, and I did my best and nothing worked. she attempted, then I didn't hear from her for over a month. then she got back in contact again. i was overjoyed.

i haven't heard from her since. I'm scared, like you. Helpless, like you. Please, PM me if you feel the need.

and on that note;

it's happening again. one of my closest friends, my absolute best friend, was hit by a massive panic attack on saturday right before i was about to leave to go home after hanging out with them.

my dad texted me at 9:18 PM to come home, and they started having the attack at 9:20.

i didn't leave to go home until 10:20 PM. my parents were very understanding. I fasted and prayed the next day (fast sunday bc new year) for them, and they seem to be doing better.

Not again.

same offer as I gave Haly. I'll put them on the prayer roll.

I hope that both of your friends feel loved and wanted. I will pray and fast for both of them. I hope you guys feel better too. *hugs*

6 hours ago, Tani said:

I don't know how problematic this is but

in the past couple days I've been having trouble wanting to eat

I still eat, I just don't want to

and I don't know what/if I should do something about this

As long as you’re still eating, it’s probably ok…I’m not an expert. If things get worse, talk to someone.

Everyone else: Life stinks sometimes for everyone. The important thing is not to get too fixated on it; if you focus too much on the bad things, if you let yourself get angry or depressed…if the emotions take hold, even the best things can’t make life seem worth living. It isn’t easy to make them go away, especially when they seem justified, and especially when it’s so easy to blame everyone else. 
In the end, we just have to remember what matters most. You can’t see a painting from an inch away, and you can’t find the soul of a book by reading a chapter. This life hurts, and all we can do is trust that someday it’ll be ok.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

and on that note;

Not again.

Feeling helpless? Why else do we read? Don’t we all dream about being someone who could change things, someone who matters? It’s awful. It seems that no matter how hard we work, no matter how much we want to help, nothing happens. I’m so sorry that you and they have to go through this. I’ll pray for them, and sometimes that’s all we can do. 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:57 AM, Elf said:

sorry idk if this even makes sense, i just needed to rant

I’m sorry, those days are awful. Barfing on paper is one of the best ways to deal with it. Again, I have no perfect solution to fix everything; no one does. But in my experience, letting it out, crying, and then taking a break from everything is one of the ways to survive it. You’re awesome, and you can do it, even if it takes a long time, even if it isn’t perfect, and even if you have to sacrifice things. There are people who can and will help you when you need it.

7 hours ago, Tani said:

I don't know how problematic this is but

in the past couple days I've been having trouble wanting to eat

I still eat, I just don't want to

and I don't know what/if I should do something about this

Is it like just having no appetite or more like this look good smells good I want to eat it but I don't? 

That's probably confusing but if you can figure out what I mean then answering would help me give you advice but if you can't just ignore this.

7 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Do you want me to pray for them and put them on the temple prayer roll next time I go?

same offer as I gave Haly. I'll put them on the prayer roll.

I hope that both of your friends feel loved and wanted. I will pray and fast for both of them. I hope you guys feel better too. *hugs*

Please do, yes. Thank you so much.

18 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Is it like just having no appetite or more like this look good smells good I want to eat it but I don't? 

That's probably confusing but if you can figure out what I mean then answering would help me give you advice but if you can't just ignore this.

It's more like this looks good smells good I should want to eat it but I don't.

So. Um. how do I start???

There’s this boy. For the purposes of this, I’m calling him Jamie.

I’ve known him for about two years, and about a year ago we became really really close and I was really happy because I’d never had a proper best friend before. He was struggling because he has a very traumatic past, and I was helping him. And it was all great, up until recently, when Jamie started texting his bf (who I’m also friends with) with suicide notes and saying things like ‘I know you don’t love me and you’re breaking my heart but I don’t care because I love you too much to force our relationship on you’ even though his bf literally never showed any signs of wanting to break up. and then they did break up, and Jamie got really sad and no one knew what to do because we were all terrified that he was going to hurt himself. 

Fast forward to like a week ago, and Jamie and his ex got into loads and loads of trouble for drinking beer in the school bathrooms. (They’re most definitely underage.) But the thing is, after that, ex finally felt comfortable to tell us how horrible and controlling and abusive Jamie had been in their relationship, and when Jamie asked him whether he wanted to drink with him, he was too scared to say no (I’m pretty sure there was also a lot of pressuring into it since ex is sensible and wouldn’t do a thing like that under normal circumstances).

Meanwhile, all Jamie’s friends deserted him for the things he did when he was dating his ex, but I didn’t because I’m too nice for my own good sometimes and plus I’m scared of him. So now I’m one of the only ones left and I really don’t want to be friends with him for the things he’s done but I’m so worried that if I leave him he’ll do something to himself and I really don’t want that to be on me…

Oh my gosh, that’s looong and way more rant-y than I intended. But if anyone cares, there you are.