Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I asked out my best friend who I've been crushing on for almost a year.

She let me down very gently and very kindly.

My emotions are in shambles and I'm crushed

*hugs* I'm so sorry. I've never had that experience, but it sounds horrible. I hope you have an amazing rest of the day/week/month/year to make up for it. Please remember that there are people who love you!!!

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

*hugs* that's what would have happened to me, and is what I feared would happen when I asked out my girlfriend.

I'm sorry you had to experience that, it sucks to be let down like that, I know. We're here for you, we love you.

Are y'all still friends? And kudos to her for being kind about it :D We love that, even if it wasn't what you wanted.

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

*hugs* that's what would have happened to me, and is what I feared would happen when I asked out my girlfriend.

I'm sorry you had to experience that, it sucks to be let down like that, I know. We're here for you, we love you.

Are y'all still friends? And kudos to her for being kind about it :D We love that, even if it wasn't what you wanted.

Thanks, Calano

Yeah we're still friends

I'm very sad

25 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

They'll be that way for a bit.

And I had a similar experience this year.

I would have tried to stay friends with her but her family left.

I'd say don't repeat my mistake and stay friends with her, because she seems a great friend to have. 

1 minute ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Thanks, Calano

Yeah we're still friends

I'm very sad

I know you are. My PMs are open if you need to talk, but other than that, I'll leave you alone to process it.

You'll be alright. Love you, bro. And, what Wizard said. Even if you can't date her, she seems like a really good friend.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

*Hugs* You're amazing Silhouette. I love seeing you on the shard. You really helped me to feel at home here, even though I was a little scared at first.

I don't really know what to say to comfort you with this specific situation. I worry that most of the things I could say have the potential to make you feel worse. I'll just reiterate the first point I made.

You are amazing!

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

They'll be that way for a bit.

And I had a similar experience this year.

I would have tried to stay friends with her but her family left.

I'd say don't repeat my mistake and stay friends with her, because she seems a great friend to have. 

She is.

She's so incredible I'm genuinely worried I'll never find another person like her.

We're going to stay friends. I'll make that happen for sure. But I can only wonder what if, you know?

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I know you are. My PMs are open if you need to talk, but other than that, I'll leave you alone to process it.

You'll be alright. Love you, bro. And, what Wizard said. Even if you can't date her, she seems like a really good friend.

Thanks Calano, love you too :D.

Sometimes we just gotta cry for a bit while

54 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

*Hugs* You're amazing Silhouette. I love seeing you on the shard. You really helped me to feel at home here, even though I was a little scared at first.

I don't really know what to say to comfort you with this specific situation. I worry that most of the things I could say have the potential to make you feel worse. I'll just reiterate the first point I made.

You are amazing!

Thanks, Cellist. I love seeing you too- makes me feel great to hear that

I appreciate you and your thoughts!

4 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

She is.

She's so incredible I'm genuinely worried I'll never find another person like her.

We're going to stay friends. I'll make that happen for sure. But I can only wonder what if, you know?

Thanks Calano, love you too :D.

Sometimes we just gotta cry for a bit while

Thanks, Cellist. I love seeing you too- makes me feel great to hear that

I appreciate you and your thoughts!

Good luck to you, Silhouette.

Go cry it out if you need to. I know I do sometimes.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

man i wish i could cry :')

Read all of the wheel of time :P

12 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

She is.

I know how you feel.

I wonder that about my friend all the time and even though I don't have a way to talk to her. I still wish her the best.

And I also wonder what would it have been like if she had said yes.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

that's not why and i have a loooong list of books before i could fit in Wheel of Time. i'm also just depressed and have been for like a week :3

I'll try to get a response in the clinic soon, but I've set a task for catching up in homework since I've been sick first. I hope that you'll find something to break you out of being depressed. It's not fun and we're here for you.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

I'll try to get a response in the clinic soon, but I've set a task for catching up in homework since I've been sick first. I hope that you'll find something to break you out of being depressed. It's not fun and we're here for you.

im just waiting until someone says something and i start sobbing.

either that or i continue to bottle it up and just suffer :]

Don't bottle it up, that never works, never. At least from my experience it just leads to more problems and never helps anything.

Have you ever listened to A poor wayfarring man of grief?

I found the video, but if you don't want to cry at school, don't watch it while your at school

Spoiler

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Don't bottle it up, that never works, never. At least from my experience it just leads to more problems and never helps anything.

:]

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Have you ever listened to A poor wayfarring man of grief?

no should i?

32 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Oh. Wait. Okay. I get that. I get that a lot. But really don't bottle it up because it does make things worse or you get like numb and struggle to acknowledge emotions until it goes away. Which really falls under things getting worse. But yeah don't bottle it up please.

Ok i'm gonna be honest with you all.

You all keep saying to not bottle it up, it's worse, it's awful.

I don't know how.

I don't know how not to bottle it up, I don't know how to process it and cry it out first. I've grown up under the social idea that "boys don't cry, you have to be manly, macho etc etc."

I want to cry, I really do.

But I do not know how.

26 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Ok i'm gonna be honest with you all.

You all keep saying to not bottle it up, it's worse, it's awful.

I don't know how.

I don't know how not to bottle it up, I don't know how to process it and cry it out first. I've grown up under the social idea that "boys don't cry, you have to be manly, macho etc etc."

I want to cry, I really do.

But I do not know how.

You can let it out in other ways too. Crying aways makes me feel sick for some reason (i still do it, it just makes me feel like i'm going to throw up n sometimes it's hard to breath) so i try to let my feelings out in other ways instead, like drawing or journaling. Or just screaming into a pillow.

5 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

You can let it out in other ways too. Crying aways makes me feel sick for some reason (i still do it, it just makes me feel like i'm going to throw up n sometimes it's hard to breath) so i try to let my feelings out in other ways instead, like drawing or journaling. Or just screaming into a pillow.

Crying is the only thing that makes it feel like it was worthwhile for me. It's the only thing that makes me feel like I got it out.

And yet here I am, unable to even shed half a tear.